• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 (NEW direct - feed screens up)

dmcnd4.jpg

wmc.jpg

Official Website (enjoy the music)

www.capcom.co.jp/devil4

**Special notice :: Nero is not Vergil, and thereby, Nelo is not related to Dante -- you can tell by the faces they look differently. Dante has larger features (more prominant jaw, big nose, eye-ridge) while Nero is a textbook Japanese-Nomura inspired pretty boy.

Update: (September 8th) _ New Interview with Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Hideaki Itsuno

http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/asx/inte...60908_dmc4.asx

The game takes place after DMC1, in a city called Fortuna -- this appears to be a view (in part) of Fortuna.

gi3dmc4small.jpg

nero_ss01.jpg

nero_ss03.jpg

nero_ss02.jpg

nero_illust02.jpg

dante_ss01.jpg

dante_ss02.jpg

dante_illust01.jpg

dante_illust02.jpg

g01.jpg

The game is stated to run at 60 frames per second, according to the 2ch guy who posted the original details of DMC4 (which all turned out to be true).

dante_cg01.jpg

Dante -- is no longer the main character, nor is he a focus of the story, rather Nero is. Please note, Nero is not Vergil from DMC3 or DMC1.

nero_illust01.jpg

Nero will have many new combat abilities that differ from Dante's, one of which -- is that he doesn't have a 'devil trigger' persay, but a 'devil bringer' ability. The ability is brought through to his arm. Which is all glowing and shit. The director, said that one thing he felt was that as great as DMC3 combat-chaining system was, the combo's ended when the enemies died, so the arm (in part to many other things) can act as a grapple to continually rearrange enemies so that you can continually build up your combo's with no end to site (if you're good enough it seems):

nero_cg01.jpg

0908g02.jpg

0908g04.jpg

The story details thus far is that Nero is the leader of a group that wants to resseruct Sparda. However, Dante (in this game is seen as an enemy) intrudes upon your 'base' and starts killing your generals off. As the main character -- Nero -- you gotta stop him. It is also said that you do not recognize Dante, why -- as said earlier, Nero is not Vergil. Confused? Yeah I am too. But that's why DMC4 has a story, it supposed to explain shit like that.

Itsuno also mentioned DMC4 will have a greater focus on story than the previous games.

The art director and designer is that of the Breath of Fire games (as you can tell from the art above) and the cheorographer is Yuji Shimomura, action cheorographer for the Japanese film entiled VERSUS:

versusposter.jpg

Camera-Picture Scans *** will be updated when better quality (actual scans come)

38815_DMC4a_122_421lo.jpg

38822_DMC4b_122_312lo.jpg

Hardcore gamers am thrill, weaksauce gamers am cry.

Gameinformer 10 page feature on DMC4 to come soon to subscribers:

162cov.jpg

Producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi (RE series, DC, DMC1, DMC4, VJ)
Director: Hideaki Itsuno (DMC series, Alpha series, Powerstone series, CvsSNK, Marvel vs. Capcom series)

Credits and works taken form mobygames.

***special thanks***

Amirox for constantly updating the threads title to match the updates.
Jett for realizing the game's gorgeous, took him awhile though.
Take out Bandit for existing.
Duckroll for the scans.
MickeyNox for cropping them.

--Please no Silent Hill pic guy either, it won't be until PS9 before that shit is beaten--

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I support his thread instead of that huge ass thread with 1000+ irrelevant posts

Awesome ****ing music on the DMC4 website

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
/cranks the awesomeness amp up to 11.

DMC4 is awesome, I love the Nero model, I want to see this in motion, 60 FPS goodness, and yay.

Amir0x

Banned
Man the music on the website is really good. I hope to slaughter some heads to butt rock too but this is good

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
brandonh83 said:
Looking fantastic. Finally beat DMC3 not too long ago and it was great. Seeing vidoes of this will be insane...

I expect the "entitlements" for this game to be insane :)

mckmas8808

Banned
This game looks good as hell.

The director, said that one thing he felt was that as great as DMC3 combat-chaining system was, the combo's ended when the enemies died, so the arm (in part to many other things) can act as a grapple to continually rearrange enemies so that you can continually build up your combo's with no end to site (if you're good enough it seems):

This part make me hard.

ZeoVGM

Banned
What is with the Nomura hate exactly? at least he creates fairly memorable characters that stand out.

Nero looks awesome, and yeah, a little Nomuraish

scarybore

So is this just a wank thread or can we say we are underwhelmed with what we are seeing?

I don't have a problem with the character designs but overall it leaves me cold.

jiggle

It'll be nice if we can explore that entire background seamlesslessly, and only load when we enter buildings/dungeons or whatever.

C- Warrior said:
Nero will have many new combat abilities that differ from Dante's, one of which -- is that he doesn't have a 'devil trigger' persay
I dunno, that artwork of his has what seems to be his DT form, and there is space for a DT bar under his life bar in one of the screenshots posted in the other thread.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Could the music on the website rock any more?

No. The answer is it couldn't. So awesome.

BigBoss

Just one little nitpick with your original post, MGS4 has a yellow tint, not green.

Back on-topic, that first shot looks awesome.

Testosterone downgrade-aton!

Dante is back to looking 200% less masculine again.

Also, it's easy to get spiffy looking visuals when you use the crutch of fixed camera angles. :lol

jiggle said:
It'll be nice if we can explore that entire background seamlesslessly, and only load when we enter buildings/dungeons or whatever.
Why? The whole point of the game is to fight. Exploration only comes from secret missions and blue orbs, but imo there is no need for big open areas just for that.

scarybore

jjasper said:
Any idea when we will get some movies of this in action?

TGS at a guess?

Also, it's easy to get spiffy looking visuals when you use the crutch of fixed camera angles.

At least I tried to be civil :lol

The Take Out Bandit said:

Also, it's easy to get spiffy looking visuals when you use the crutch of fixed camera angles. :lol
Have they released a shot of his face?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there's one zipper on his waistcoat, he's wearing one belt, and the thing on his shoulder seems to be a holster. if there was a nomura influence here, counting the zippers and belts would be a game of its own, which game we could get to after we'd finished playing 'what gender is this person.'

...though i really like the ff13 girl's design, so maybe nomura's turned a corner or something.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
HomerSimpson-Man said:
We went from a freakin' manbra strap...this is much better.
I don't know if you noticed, but he looks much less masculine now as well.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
We've come a long way, though...

Each of these shots represents the very first realtime shot of both DMC4 and DMC (PS2) that I laid eyes on.

DMC4
gi3dmc4small.jpg

DMC
devilmaycry_screen003.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Looks fine. Can't wait for more details, and to see it in motion.

One thing, though:
C-, your post was really, really bad. Desperate, almost. C'mon. I'm sorry but dude...

Anyways, the team's solid, they should know what they are doing, and I'm fighting off any tinges of DMC2 I fear or feel until I see some more solid info.

*says a little prayer*

Sapiens

BLAH - why is he a pretty boy again? I was really liking the Benicio Del Toro look of Dante in the CG concept shots shown last year.

oh well

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sapiens said:
BLAH - why is he a pretty boy again? I was really liking the Benicio Del Toro look of Dante in the CG concept shots shown last year.

you're aware that the guy in the blue coat isn't dante, right?

ugly dante was pretty awesome, though. too bad they didn't keep that design.

Top Bottom