• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

i like it ... what bother me is where they 'll go with those designs.

This is a reboot so they can try new things so , why now ?

Jaeger

They should have left Knuckles alone, or only a slight height/build increase. Making him twice the size of everyone else is a drastic, unwelcomed change for me.

And what is with all these bandages. They make zero sense. Is that the new hip piece of designer fashion in Mobius, or something? Is everyone formerly a mummy?

Mummy.jpg

This is still quite the exceptional design, and great piece of artwork for that matter.

But yea, everything else is fine. Lose the gauze wraps, and take Knuckles steroids from him, and it should be fine.

I don't know what is more hilarious... the fact that Amy, Knuckles and Sonic look completely puke-worthy (those proportions... what the actual fuck) or that Tails has a completely amazing design aside from the fact that it doesn't fit his previous character behavior at all. Also, :lol at all the fantastic images in this thread.

louie

I hate that the bandages are covering sonic's shoes, which is what always struck me as the 'iconic' part of his previous designs.

His smash bros model isn't up to date anymore, and that bothers me much more than I would like to admit.

You!. Yes, you. You know who you are.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Stop now. I'm telling you this for your own good. Whatever comes of this new Sonic will be awful. You know it deep down. You can't afford to be hurt again. Look elsewhere for love, you'll be happier in the long run.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Macho Knuckles?

This seems like... A furry magnet.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I hope they don't use these designs for Sonic Adventure 3.
If there is a SA3...

Good night my sweet prince
eKLiBEY.png

WHAT THE FUCK THEY WERE THINKING
Designs and new game look like a fucking mess, to bad kids will eat it with potaotes and love it.

Terra_Ex

Looks terrible to me tbh, especially Knuckles. That said, the only decent Sonic game I've played in years was Generations which presumably, going off the Sonic cycle, was a fluke so I'd probably be ignoring this anyway.

Where are their genitals?

They've crossed the anthropomorphic line where they're allowed to run around naked. They need something covering their flat expanses of crotch fur or else it's jarring.

I don't actually care.

Axiom

I don't hate the new designs, it's not exactly Loonactics.

I like the idea of a scarf blowing in the wind while they run, but I don't think Sonic needs anything extra. His silhouette and the 'red blur infinity symbol' legs were iconic as was when running, but a scarf would have made sense for Knuckles or Amy as they don't have a whole lot interesting when running.

They aren't memorable designs or radical at all - even with Knuckles getting a boost. I don't think it looks bad though, it's still all very Sonic and I like it better than the "extreme dude!" Sonic Adventure redesigns.

Village

I don't hate the new designs, it's not exactly Loonactics.

I like the idea of a scarf blowing in the wind while they run, but I don't think Sonic needs anything extra. His silhouette and the 'red blur infinity symbol' legs were iconic as was when running, but a scarf would have made sense for Knuckles or Amy as they don't have a whole lot interesting when running.

They aren't memorable designs or radical at all - even with Knuckles getting a boost. I don't think it looks bad though, it's still all very Sonic and I like it better than the "extreme dude!" Sonic Adventure redesigns.

You mean making them taller?

I need to know what's going on here. Some of the heads have been redrawn by someone much less talented. Tails is entirely the original work, with the super expressive high-quality line work present on all of their bodies, while Sonic's head appears to have been drawn by me, age 12.

The 3D models are beyond awful. They're in a special league below just about any moderate production I've ever seen.

I get the feeling that whatever lies below that redraw looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, but was perhaps modified by the 3DCG artists to be more accurate to the abominations they came up with.

Poona

Looks alright to me. Although a bit strange for Sonics arms to be blue?

Oh well.. Will see what the merchandise coming out ends up looking like. Might get some if they aren't total junk.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Are they hurt? So many bandages, even on their shoes. Sonic only needs a fedora to complete the look.

I think they took that "I rather flex my muscles" bit too far for Knuckles. He's basically a wrestler now. Quick, somebody add a world title belt on his shoulder.

King Boo

glad they are focusing on the inner core of sonic's friends

but why they gotta let me favorite character become that?

Top Bottom