• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy1456

Can't comment where you are but here in NYC I just preorderd the last WiFi edition here at my local gamestop. They literally said that is the last one they have. They also said there are a ton of preorders for it.

As I said a few pages back, my Gamestop said there were only 15 pre-orders for it.

goldenpp72

I literally went to the store and got rubbing alcohol to go nuts on it. Ended up coming out perfect.

img0029uz.jpg

what does rubbing alcohol do for it?

Pein

Banned
I missed my package from amazon that had my games, now when I go pick up my vita tomorrow morning I won't have anything to play when I get it. I might just buy ninja gaiden sigma and 16gb card instead of the 32bg like I was planning.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it left Fernley NV at 3:30 PM today. UPS guy usually gets here at 8-9 AM so in about 17 hours after shipment. It takes 1,018 mi or 15 hours 46 mins according to google to get to denver. I guess it'll make it here on time after all. Guess I worried about nothing.

The world we live in.

Of course it probably left in a plane so really it should only take like 7 hours.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The rest of the world is readying to experience Vita. Feels good to know the community will explode starting now.
I'm certainly getting more hits on Near today, in Brisbane. Gone from 6 to 9 to 17 in the space of a day or so. Which is surprising, cos I thought it'd be 0. Haha.

MrMephistoX

Anyone had luck offloading the 4 GB memory card for full price? I wish I kept my pre-order as is instead of contacting Amazon yesterday to add the 4GB to my order...would have gotten a gift card instead.

Alchemy

Screen protectors seem iffy to me, how easy are they to remove now? I know I fucked up a GBA screen before with a screen protector that someone tried to use a damp cloth to clean and ended up getting water stuck under. Ended up having to pull the glass off the unit, but oddly enough the screen is way more vibrant with the glass covering the screen off so it ended up being a positive change. Not risking that crap on my Vita though.

JABEE

Anyone had luck offloading the 4 GB memory card for full price? I wish I kept my pre-order as is instead of contacting Amazon yesterday to add the 4GB to my order...would have gotten a gift card instead.

Do we know yet if people who switched their orders yesterday won't get the $20 credit?

Anyone in the Atlanta area interested in getting one early because I saw in the Walmart by Town Center had the WiFi versions for sale and sitting in the display unit.

Anyone else on GAF (UK) using Amazon Prime one-day delivery? admittedly checking my tracker every so often, HDNL have my Vita, I hope they deliver ;_;

glad to see some of the games I'm interested in have demos. Might check those out tomorrow after I get my Lumines on

8PM EST and still "Shipping Soon" from Amazon. I swear, someone is going to get an earful tomorrow.

Ay I buy all my games from Amazon via release date delivery and I never get an email until around 12am saying my item has shipped. Plus, when I look at the tracking info it always left the warehouse around 6pm. I don't know why they have such a delay though.

what does rubbing alcohol do for it?

A wet q-tip will soak up literally any bit of dust it touches, but water'll just hang out on your screen and fuck up the application. Rubbing alcohol dries in about 10-15 seconds, so you wipe the whole screen down with the q-tip lightly soaked in rubbing alcohol, then make sure you get every little piece of dust. Wait about 10 seconds, the vita'll be bone dry, then apply the screen protector on top of the pristine surface.

MrMephistoX

Do we know yet if people who switched their orders yesterday won't get the $20 credit?

I don't see why they would give us $40 worth of freebies (4gb card's $20 and a $20 credit) but that would certainly be cool. Just interested if anyone's had success selling it. I have my listed on ebay but the market's pretty flooded and probably can't sell it at full price.

Dizzle24

Ay I buy all my games from Amazon via release date delivery and I never get an email until around 12am saying my item has shipped. Plus, when I look at the tracking info it always left the warehouse around 6pm. I don't know why they have such a delay though.
This gives me hope! :)

graywolf323

Gold Member
A wet q-tip will soak up literally any bit of dust it touches, but water'll just hang out on your screen and fuck up the application. Rubbing alcohol dries in about 10-15 seconds, so you wipe the whole screen down with the q-tip lightly soaked in rubbing alcohol, then make sure you get every little piece of dust. Wait about 10 seconds, the vita'll be bone dry, then apply the screen protector on top of the pristine surface.

does that help with air bubbles though? that's what I struggle with when it comes to screen protectors

DSFan1970

Hope springs eternal. Still says shipping soon. Oh well. Fingers crossed. NYC here.

Hawk269

I'm so disappointed that SFXT was delayed. It was going to be THE game for me, as I don't have access to my consoles right now and PC version was delayed two months.

Also, the Target site doesn't have Ninja Gaiden :(

The stores physically has them..but for some reason it is street dated for tomorrow.

Speaking of Target, took me 20min and speaking with a manager that the games are sellable now versus waiting till tomorrow. It was really bad. They had that dungeon crawler game out, but said they had no other games in-stock...as I pressed the issue *knowing they had them in-stock*, the manager finally went to the back and emerged with a cart full of accessories, games and the systems. After another 10 min of her checking, finally realizing that everything is saleable except the hardware and Ninja Gaiden.

So, I picked up Uncharted, Hot Shots and Wipeout and got Wipeout free. Still unsure about Hot Shots, so I got it just as a placeholder knowing with the launch of the unit, some games will sell out.

But yeah, 20 mins of hassleing just to buy stuff that they should of put on the shelf last week was a pain in the ass.

teiresias

I'm a Prime member and have gotten tons of stuff via release-date shipping, but shipping has never gone this late before on release date items. We'll see.

does that help with air bubbles though? that's what I struggle with when it comes to screen protectors

Two things to do depending on the protector.

If it peels off all at once line it up and slowly lower it. Let the middle seal in the right spot and let it fall naturally. As long as the surface is clean it will fall right into place.

If it is a peel system set it up where needed take a credit card and peel it with the credit card right behind it.

These strategies work every time if done with a little care.

Same here. Every time I order from Amazon with release date delivery (which is probably a couple times a month), I don't get the email saying it shipped until 10 pm, but it always left the warehouse by 6:30. Every time my order gets here as promised.

Shipping Soon
PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Is everyone else seeing the same thing who purchased from Amazon?

At this point how in the hell would they get it here tomorrow? And ugh, I hope they don't use FedEx because those fuckers don't even try to get in my apartment. They just leave a note on the outside door and I have the chase the package all around LA.

MAiKU

Neo Member
Shipping Soon
PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Is everyone else seeing the same thing who purchased from Amazon?

At this point how in the hell would they get it here tomorrow? And ugh, I hope they don't use FedEx because those fuckers don't even try to get in my apartment. They just leave a note on the outside door and I have the chase the package all around LA.

Mine says it shipped from IN, and UPS is doing the delivery.

Digishine

Banned
received email of amazon france for saying that my PS vita starter kit isn't on stock so now I may go search on the internet somewhere else :/

AppleBlade

Launch day is tomorrow and I still don't know what to do . . . . digital download or physical games . . . aghhhh . . . . I'll either get a 32GB card and purchase Uncharted Digitally or I can purchase a couple of physical games (since my 3G system will come with an 8GB card).

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah. Air bubbles caused by either really shitty application (but those can just be pushed out no problem as long as you just lift it up and do it more evenly) or a tiny single spec of dust caught underneath the protector, and it's pushing up just enough to cause a bubble. You can't push it out because pushing on it just digs it deeper into the protector making the problem worse. That's why it's imperative that the surface is fucking PRISTINE before you apply anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom