• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtars

Wow the time is terrible for everyone here in europe.

Sony need to realize that E3 is an international event and should have their conferences accordingly

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Are they going to do another set of showings in movie theaters this year? I went last year and it was a lot of fun.

Sony need to realize that E3 is an international event and should have their conferences accordingly

This is kind of impossible to do as then times would suck for Americas. Its an American conference despite gaming being an international thing.

ViciousDS

Banned
awesome.....love that time slot.....its right after work!

Let me see more Days Gone......really fucking interested in seeing where thats going, World War Z zombies the video game is fucking awesome!

kpaadet

If they have to cramp CoDWW2, BF2 and Destiny 2 in this year press conference it probably won't be as good as last year. Ohh well, I'll still got right to bed after Ubisoft's just to wake up in the middle of the night to watch Sony's.

Can't tell if this is a joke post or not. You do know how time zones work right, someone will always get screwed, why are you so special?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It's a safe bet that they'll do the Playstation Experience movie theater event again this year.

Lucreto

Are they going to do another set of showings in movie theaters this year? I went last year and it was a lot of fun.

This is kind of impossible to do as then times would suck for Americas.

If they are keeping the time it's more than likely. Sony haven't announced their conference yet just Geoff getting the early tweet out.

Nestunt

Will Sony indirectly acknowledge Scorpio by focusing some part of their presentation to the Pro? Or will they indirectly not acknowledge Scorpio or any tech whatsoever and just highlight their true advantage to MS: 3rd party marketing deals and 1st party/2nd party exclusives?

I would choose the 2nd strategy but I would be curious to see a Pro pitch that could compete with the Scorpio, but that has to be tough marketing-wise.

ArjanN

If I'm going to stay up until 3AM ther better be some DMC5.

Can Sony have the best E3 three years in a row? I have a feeling Nintendo is gonna have something to say about it, and Scorpio is going to be hard to rival with just games...but if anyone can do it, it's current-gen Sony.

I'll be taking off on Tuesday following this to make sure I can consume any hype properly into the night.

Sony had good presentations the last couple of years. I'm not sure on Nintendo. I could easily see Mario being their only 'big' game. MS could go either way, feel they need a bunch of games to really sell the Scorpio.

43mfUYlHAsGNW.gif

Elfstruck

If I'm going to stay up until 3AM ther better be some DMC5.

Sony had good presentations the last couple of years, Not sure on Nintendo. I could easily see Mario being their only 'big' game. MS could go either way, feel they need a bunch of games to really sell the Scorpio.

Nintendo has a lot to show. They want to keep the momentum going. I could see them announcing Smash deluxe, mario gameplay, pokemon star, pikman, etc.

Xtars

This is kind of impossible to do as then times would suck for Americas. Its an American conference despite gaming being an international thing.

If they have to cramp CoDWW2, BF2 and Destiny 2 in this year press conference it probably won't be as good as last year. Ohh well, I'll still got right to bed after Ubisoft's just to wake up in the middle of the night to watch Sony's.

Can't tell if this is a joke post or not. You do know how time zones work right, someone will always get screwed, why are you so special?

Like what? 12pm? That means most people here in NA would be at work.

Not a joke.

Microsoft and EA are hosting theirs at 12pm and 2pm PT. Yes that is on a Saturday and on a Sunday which is smart. That timing works for the majority of Europe and the US and if they can solve the logistics why can't Sony?
If Sony want to have it on a Monday they should aim to have it at a better time than 6 PM as that is incredibly late for a huge portion of their market.

AndyVirus

I hope we hear ZERO mention of The Last Of US 2 & Death Stranding. Those games are still years out.
I agree. I only hope to see them again when there's less than a year until release (e.g. save Last of Us for E3 2018) but you just know Death Stranding will be rammed down our throats until we're sick of it before it's even out.

I can't see Destiny 2 having a massive segment with the reveal event happening soon. Maybe just a short gameplay segment of 5 mins tops.

Cloud7

Excellent.

Hopefully soon they will announce plans to give away some conference tickets to fans in a similar fashion to the Xbox FanFest (meaning online). Alternatively, I'd love to see the show in a theater in LA as well. I've been to my local theater 4 years in a row for this and refuse to miss out.

Midas

There will be Destiny, of course. But come on, it's a new game, it's not _that_ bad. What's worse is when you get 15 minutes of Gran Turismo.

kpaadet

Not a joke.

Microsoft and EA are hosting theirs at 12pm and 2pm PT. Yes that is on a Saturday and on a Sunday which is smart. That timing works for the majority of Europe and the US and if they can solve the logistics why can't Sony?
If Sony want to have it on a Monday they should aim to have it at a better time than 6 PM as that is incredibly late for a huge portion of their market.
If they chance the time people living in other time zones get screwed, I get it, you want to be pampered to but I feel a "EU = ! = World" is in order.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Well no its not. Its fine for the Americas. That was my point. Its a conference in America so its going to cater to American time standards. That's about it. Its like asking why Gamescom or Paris Games Week doesn't set their schedules to American's don't get screwed.

No joke, even if the presentation only consisted of those games, this would still seem like a strong presentation. Easily the most exciting e3 in years for everyone.

mas8705

Was honestly considering asking to have that day off from work so that I can watch the conferences, but since Microsoft is going a day early and Sony's wouldn't be until later in the evening after I get off, I don't need to worry anymore.

Melchiah

I feel for the EU audience. But you know you must stay up and watch it with the rest of us live. Tis tradition! :)

It's a tradition to see it live, so I'll be watching the stream like before. This time I'll be setting the alarm before 4:00am, instead of staying up until then. Old age doesn't come alone. ;)

Midas

If they chance the time people living in other time zones get screwed, I get it, you want to be pampered to but I feel a "EU = = World" is in order.

No, but a few hours earlier would not be in the middle of the night in Europe. It's been like this as long as I can remember, a change once in a while would be nice. But it's a tradition now anyway, either go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night or just stay awake until it's time. :lol

A few would also mean that most of US would still be at work, so... I dunno.

PSFan

What I would like most of all from Sony's E3 this year is at least just a confirmation that DQ XI will be localized and an actual western release date would be super hype!

Don't play with my heart that way.

If this got announced, and it was for PSVR, AND it actually had a full single-player campaign, not just a VR add-on, that would put me into cardiac arrest. I still can't believe PSVR launched without a starfighter game that had a single-player campaign.

Me too bro, me too. I'd be eternally grateful to Sony for a Colony Wars with an outstanding campaign and 100% PSVR support.

What I would like most of all from Sony's E3 this year is at least just a confirmation that DQ XI will be localized and an actual western release date would be super hype!
Oh, that is happening for sure. It is just a matter of when, not if. We got Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quest Heroes II, and Dragon Quest Builders. We're undoubtedly getting a mainline Dragon Quest.

tmac456

I like how Halo 5 (84%), Forza 6 (87%) and Gears (82% for Ultimate, 84% for 4) all have a better Metacritic score than The Last Guardian (82%).

What a letdown in Hype that game seemed to be.

OK? Nobody really expected that game to review incredibly well.

I like how Halo 5 (84%), Forza 6 (87%) and Gears (82% for Ultimate, 84% for 4) all have a better Metacritic score than The Last Guardian (82%).

What a letdown in Hype that game seemed to be.

I like how The Last Guardian has more Game of The Year Awards than any of those three :p

Elandyll

Banned
So... What do they open with? (Knowing that Wild, Death Stranding and TLOU2 are likely still 1 to 2 years away)

Destiny 2
Gran Turismo Sports (doubtful for US market)
God Of War (already did last year)
Bloodborne 2 (if it exists)
The Lost Legacy (already opened at PSX)
Dreams (again, probably not for US market)
Detroit (see above)
Spider-Man

Or...

Something unexpected, and new? (Sucker Punch new ip, something else completely out of left field...)

In any case, I really hope the Orchestra is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom