• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

TreIII

Great OP.

Alas, my copy will be arriving while I'll be on vacation. But I'll be peeking for any vids when I'm not participating in any real life parties here, haha!

Sephzilla

So the main DMC team could have been working on a sequel the whole time.

giphy.gif

kyo_strife

Neo Member
Not sure if this belongs here, but here's a new DMC4SE interview with Itsuno-san:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-XMRkh7hY&feature=youtu.be

Questions from the interview:
Tell us about your involvement in the DMC franchise?
Why do a special edition of DMC 4 now?
What feedback have you had from the fans so far?
Tell us about the inclusion of the new characters?
What’s in DMC 4 SE for long time DMC fans?
Finally, do you have a message for the DMC fans watching?

Even though this news means they must be working on a new dmc i would have liked to see capcom/itsuno give those guys credit for the remaster. Unless i missed it.

Not sure if this is old, didn't see it in this thread. DMC4 Special Edition is developed by Access Games and Swery just tweeted about it

So the main DMC team could have been working on a sequel the whole time.

tumblr_inline_mvp8od7ztu1rz2ce8.gif

Anyway, regarding this game: I'm unsure if I'll start with Vergil or play through the Lady/Trish campaign first so I can have a semi-leveled up Vergil right from the get-go. Choices, choices.

I had completely forgot this was coming out! Forgive me crazy party gods!

Anyway picking this up on the PS4 I really enjoyed it back in and now my boy Virgil is in its a must buy!

What was the general impression of this game when it came out? Because I enjoyed it but some of my mates said they didn't like

What do you think GAF?

Esque7

You can always get the PS2 game and run it on PCSX2, even my crappy PC was able to run it no problem and there were no emulation issues.

It also lets you use save states so it's very easy to practice specific areas if you want.
I still have my PS2 copy, so that's actually a great idea. Maybe I should try FFXII too since square doesn't seem like it will ever remaster it. Anywho, I'll probably download DMC4 today.

I had completely forgot this was coming out! Forgive me crazy party gods!

Anyway picking this up on the PS4 I really enjoyed it back in and now my boy Virgil is in its a must buy!

What was the general impression of this game when it came out? Because I enjoyed it but some of my mates said they didn't like

What do you think GAF?

DMC4 is my favorite in the series honestly.

Level design is kinda mediocre but I don't think it's much worse than 3 outside of the dice puzzle and tops just taking up time. I love everything else-- combat, enemy design, and Bloody Palace. It's just an incredibly rewarding and fun game to learn how to play properly. And now it has three new characters so it seems more than worth it if you enjoyed it before.

SykoTech

Also, don't forget that if you want DMC5. BUY THIS GAME

I'm rather confident that DMC5 is already well into development. But still, DMC4SE having great sales surely would get them even more....motivated.

Roll on Tuesday. Between this and Arkham Knight (and just the general fact that I'll finally have a PS4), I feel like I should probably take the week off work.

BadWolf

Man at TGS DMC5 is probably happening. Ugh have to wait 3 months..

Wonder if Sony decided to save Level 5, Capcom etc. announcements for TGS/Paris/PSX?

Back in December, Level 5 and others seems to be aiming towards E3 (Level 5 was specific on that) but neither showed up. And it makes sense since the conference was already filled to the brim with megatons so it would have been a waste to put any more.

Afrocious

Trying to decide if I want this on PC or PS4. Anyone got some nice pros and cons to shoot my way?

As far as personal choice goes, I think the PS4 controller might better suit me for SSSUPER STYLISH COMBOS since all I have is my 360 controller on my PC.

I do have a Wii U Pro Controller, but I dunno how to get that working on PC.

Trying to decide if I want this on PC or PS4. Anyone got some nice pros and cons to shoot my way?

As far as personal choice goes, I think the PS4 controller might better suit me for SSSUPER STYLISH COMBOS since all I have is my 360 controller on my PC.

PS4 controller is super easy to get working on PC if you wanna go with that combo. That is what I'm doing. Works like a dream on regular DMC4 for PC and the PC version is super optimized. The game isn't really pushing any boundaries tech wise however, so it should run at a solid 60fps with no issues on PS4 if you want to go that route.

BadWolf

I liked this part:

"It was a three year project working on DmC: Devil May Cry with Ninja Theory, and I was going back and forth to Cambridge working on it with them. And I got a lot of great memories, I'm still really great friends with those guys, whenever I see them I'm like 'give me a hug, bro', and even though it was a divisive game, and that was the reaction from fans, obviously -- I still feel it's a well respected game. I don't like thinking of it as this separate other thing from the rest of the other games. My work on that game definitely influenced DMC4SE.

Dahbomb

I love all the publicity Itsuno has been getting lately.

Yes I want more of the guy who basically saved DMC from dying.

Dahbomb

As with every upcoming E3, many fans like to hypothesize about what's going to be announced at E3. Just checking on twitter or NeoGAF, you could see massive threads detailing fan theories and speculation about some upcoming news relating to the developers and publishers attending. And though many were convinced that Capcom was going to drop the bomb and announce Devil May Cry 5 at this year's expo, they of course were mistaken. But rest assured, Capcom is totally aware of the enthusiasm for the series. Itsuno had this to say to fans about the current state of Devil May Cry.
Aww shiieet... NeoGAF shout outs!

Itsuno on no DMC5 at E3 this year:

"Of course, there was some people rumor and speculating whether or not there'd be a new announcement at E3. Sorry, but there wasn't one this year. But 4SE is something I really wanted the chance to get DMC in the hands of the next-generation console player. It's been that long since the original series, the hardware has changed, standards are different, and I know that people are waiting to play the game again."

Alfredo

what's the technical quality of their prior work? hoping this turns out well

Well, there's this game called Deadly Premonition, one of my favorite games of all time...

Super interesting that Access worked on this title. I hope they did it justice. Maybe they snuck in an Agent York or Raincoat Killer costume in there, lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Kind of all over the place, but since DMC4 already had solid footing, and we've seen both official and unofficial streams of the game running, I think we're in the clear. There were no USFIV streams prior to the PS4 launch.

Pooya

Complete utter shit, lowest tier of all. Can't possibly find some developer worse, they can make the ugliest game in the world that still can't hit above 20fps. With that said there is always a first time and all that...I'd guess MTFramework is pretty solid and even AG can't mess it up too much.

takoyaki

It's certainly a surprising choice, I love Access Games/Swery, but most people play their games because they are charming diamonds in the rough (Deadly Premonition, Spy Fiction, D4), not for their technical expertise.

But until now, they always had to work with low budgets and troubled development; this is a port with Capcom involvement, running on a solid engine and all the videos look great so far. The game's out in Asia, if they screwed up the port, we'll know soon enough.

MechaX

I was wondering the same thing earlier, but I'm probably just going to get it on PC. I ran the old DMC4 PC benchmark and was averaging like 300 fps (remember, the game is about seven years old now). Plus, the PS4 controller is easy to get running on PC and the PC would still have mod support. Sure, it'll be at a reduced price at the next steam sale or something, but the same will probably apply to the PS4 version for second-hand copies.

Top Bottom