• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: The Fall coming to PC [Confirmed]

Card Boy

Banned
Deus Ex: The Fall is now confirmed for PC. No word on other platforms.

Press Release
Steam Store page

Following last year’s release on mobile devices, we’re really happy to now announce that Deus Ex: The Fall is coming to Steam on March 25.

The game’s been adapted for the PC, meaning (of course) full keyboard/mouse controls, but also a whole bunch of other little bits too - so if you didn’t fancy dipping into Ben Saxon’s story previously, now would be an eminently sensible time to reconsider. After all, the game was produced with the original creative team from the superb Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and there's the small matter of new tracks penned by none other than Michael McCann...

The Steam version will sell for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99, but if you pre-order the game now (or grab it for a limited time after launch) you’ll also get the original Deus Ex – Game of the Year Edition as well, for free... and if you’ve already have DE:GOTY, you’ll be able to gift it to somebody else instead!

So what’s on the complete feature list, compared to last year's mobile version of the game?

• No in-game purchase options
  • 28 Steam achievements
  • Adjusted AI
  • Steam Trading Cards, Badges and (TBC)
  • Revised tutorial
  • Full keyboard and Mouse control optimisation
  • Rebalanced game economy taking into account no IAP
  • Microsoft Controller support
  • Removal of auto target options
  • Reduction in aiming recital size
  • Choice in cover style as DXHR (HOLD or Toggle)
  • Resolution options
  • Anti Aliasing option
  • Vsync
  • Control maps for keyboard and gamepad

591022bd681271c5eab28b00c7c9e09b.png

f330e08e4bd8ee18b1ab96bae3cc8c47.png

15ec0e6b3379ad61bca6752d3906613c.png

677ab5b85eef415f710f6737fcebaad9.png

68abaa073d3a4aab064d35504a03f34c.png

Original OP

Credit goes to ColonelColon in the Steam thread.

As you can see these are Steam links. I thought the game was great despite the iOS limitations

Imagine

• 60FPS
  • Better textures
  • Better FOV
  • Mouse & keyboard support
  • Controller support
  • Fixed bugs
  • Larger areas
  • More ways of doing levels
  • More content.

Yes ''i asked for this.'' I feel the game would be great on PC if SE/Eidos Montreal put in the extra effort.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Phil Rogers said a few weeks ago in an interview that they thought Deus Ex: The Fall was a good idea, but they may have gotten the platform wrong, so this is likely real.

I probably should have made a thread then thinking back.

Nemesis_

I'd love a port for PS4/XBO. Would help alleviate the drought a little bit more.

Yes I know games are finally starting to release but there's a lot of blank space in the first half of the year

RedSwirl

I just looked up a video of this game for the first time and I'm really impressed I actually want to play it after watching part of the IGN review. If this turns out to be false and the game stays on mobile I might just get the iOS version. It really does look like a mini Human Revolution on a tablet. And it would also work excellently on Vita.

Card Boy

Banned
I just looked up a video of this game for the first time and I'm really impressed. If this turns out to be false and the game stays on mobile I might just get the iOS version. It really does look like a mini Human Revolution on a tablet. And it would also work excellently on Vita.

i got the game for like 99cents, Its good but touch screen controls suck donkeys nutsack.

Mumford

Having recently nearly (close to the end) completed Deus Ex HR, I'll hop on this no question if there's a PS3/4 port.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Seems really downscaled, but I'm interested to play it as I like the Deus Ex formula. Hope it's been scrubbed up a bit.

Was just about to purchase it on my phone the other day, but decided to wait due to a massive backlog of games I'm trying to catch up to. With this potential news, I rather wait and play it on PC instead.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Seeing that it is a mobile games kinda scares me away. I'll keep my eye on it though. Hopefully they flesh it out for the port.

Wolff

If it comes to PC or consoles i'd buy it day 1 no doubt. This one always interested me but i hate playing on tablets and stuff like that.

kuYuri

If true, looking forward to it, I was thinking of buying it when it was on sale on iOS around the holidays, glad I held off.

Mr.Mike

I guess their mobile experiment didn't work out as well as they'd hoped. I don't think they can really salvage it now by putting it on the PC, in a move that will surely only attract people who were really big fans of Human Revolution. Although I'm sure the game didn't cost too much in the first place anyway.

nampad

It should always also been on the Vita, considering the similar architecture and power envelope of the platform to iOS platforms. Some reviewers criticized the controls, which wouldn't have been a problem.

Looking at the latest announcements, there is probably no hope for a Vita port. PC/360/PS3 and maybe Wii U. The latter would surprise me though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why would this make you glad that you don't have an iOS device?

I assume he means that he would've bought the game earlier were that an option and therefore would have later regretted doing so upon seeing this thread.

damn, to think i just bought the game on my Nexus 7 a few days ago... if only i waited...

BTW if this comes on consoles (and specifically Wii U, Human Revolution Director's Cut was amazing) i might double dip...

d00d3n

The game was fun on iOS. Shooting was horrible ofc, but sneaking, instant takedowns, first person exploration and hacking worked surprisingly well on a touchpad (I played on the pre-air iPad). I will probably buy the revamped pc version to see the larger areas and extra content.

Nillansan

Have they sorted out the problems in the PC version of Deus Ex: Director's Cut? I really want to play it in time for The Fall, but I've held back due to the numerous bugs reported in the Steam Community forum.

Vaiim

I didn't pay it any attention when it first came out, but if it's anything like HR and ported properly, I'd definitely be interested.

Top Bottom