• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G A or F?: 4 teens boys repeatedly raped and sodomized another teen boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/04/florida.sexual.assault/index.html?imw=Y&iref=mpstoryemail

assault_33.jpg

(CNN) -- Four teenage boys in Tampa, Florida, were charged as adults Wednesday on allegations of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy.
Raymond A. Price-Murray, 14, is the fourth defendant in the case.

Charged with four counts each of sexual battery were Randall John Moye, 14; Raymond A. Price-Murray, 14; Lee Louis Myers, 14; and Diamante J. Roberts, 15. CNN is naming the defendants because they were charged as adults.

Hillsborough County prosecutors allege the four boys raped the 13-year-old victim multiple times over two months with a broomstick and hockey stick.

At a bond and arraignment hearing, the defendants appeared before Hillsborough County Judge Wayne Timmerman to hear the counts against them read in court.

Prosecutor Kimberly Hindman described to the court how two defendants held down the victim while the other two defendants violently sodomized him with the sticks. "The victim screamed and cried, telling them to stop," Hindman said.

The prosecutor said the victim's screams could be heard outside the boys' locker room at Walker Middle School, in southern Tampa, where the alleged assaults took place.

Multiple people witnessed the attacks, but no one reported the incidents, including the victim, Hindman said.
Don't Miss

The school began an investigation after a fight that began on the football field and continued until a coach broke it up in the locker room, said the prosecutor. During the fight, the victim said, "I'm tired of them getting on me," Hindman said.

When school officials questioned the defendants, all four admitted in a written statement that they had sexually assaulted the victim.

The defendants "all implicated themselves in a sexual-battery incident," Hindman said.

The victim did not acknowledge the attacks until questioned. School officials contacted authorities, who initially charged the four as minors with sexual assault and false imprisonment.

Several students witnessed the incidents over the two months, said the prosecutor, who added that she could not understand why no one reported the attacks.

The victim made a statement in court, telling the judge how his father was angry and his mother couldn't stop crying when they heard about the attacks.

Defense attorneys told the judge their clients were good students and had never been in trouble before. Attorney Tim Taylor, representing Randall Moye, said his client's family is among the finest in the community.

Taylor presented six character witnesses, including his client's mother, Jeanne Myers, who said her son wants to attend college. The prosecutor asked her about her son's written statement about the attacks. Myers said her son described clowning around in the locker room with a hockey stick. She added that he told her about holding down the victim for a few seconds.

The victim finished the academic year at home instead of returning to school, authorities said.

The judge set bond for each defendant at $15,000, with ankle monitors for all but one, who has left the area. The four boys were taken into custody in court and booked into the adult jail. The judge warned the four to have no contact with one another, the victim or any witnesses in the case.

The defendants could spend up to 120 years in prison if convicted on all four counts.
I sympathize with the victim but my inner 14 year old gay self wish it happened to me back then :lol

Seriously though, they never even thought how gay it sounded because these four look like the homo hater type.

These boys are gonna have so much fun in prison, especially the pretty one.

FoneBone

titiklabingapat said:
I sympathize with the victim but my inner 14 year old gay self wish it happened to me back then :lol
Yet another thread in the "way, way more than anyone ever wanted to know" category.

Ferrio

Banned
titiklabingapat said:

Okay okay... ummmm WHAT?

You seriously wish you had hockey and broomsticks shoved up your ass when you were 13?

batbeg

Wow. Fuck them. Fuck them with a broomstick.

Do they have broomsticks in prison? I fucking hope they have broomsticks in prison.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I fucking hate humanity, I really really do! Broomsticks and Hockey sticks, fucking Pluto them out of the fucking planet, sheesh.

I got literally light headed reading that.

batbeg said:
Wow. Fuck them. Fuck them with a broomstick.

Do they have broomsticks in prison? I fucking hope they have broomsticks in prison.

They do--I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Dahmer was beaten to death with one...

Anyway, I'm going against the grain here and saying they shouldn't be charged as adults (120 years? wtf?).

What they did is horrible, reprehensible, and just disgusting; but you shouldn't spend the rest of your life in prison for a mistake like that at 14 or 15.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
SnakeswithLasers said:
What they did is horrible, reprehensible, and just disgusting; but you shouldn't spend the rest of your life in prison for a mistake like that at 14 or 15.

But regular 14 y/o don't rape with broomsticks! at least not the ones in my city.

News Bot

Banned

Yes. Yes you should.

The world would be a better place.

Jinfash said:
But regular 14 y/o don't rape with broomsticks! at least not the ones in my city.

I'm not saying they're "regular" or "boys being boys." They deserve to be tried for their crimes, but I don't feel life in prison is equitable punishment for bullying.

News Bot said:
Yes. Yes you should.

The world would be a better place.

The US has longer sentencing than most industrialized nations and along with higher crime rates. I don't think the solution is plainly, "lock them up and throw away the key."

SnakeswithLasers said:
They do--I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Dahmer was beaten to death with one...

Anyway, I'm going against the grain here and saying they shouldn't be charged as adults (120 years? wtf?).

They did over a two month period. It simmered, and simmered for that long. And these aren't exactly "children". They already have a strong a sense of right and wrong.

Kevtones

Terrible to hear. Also, the OP needs not be an OP anymore.

Also, also Skittleguy :lol

Man rapes four with broomstick :lol

madara

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm not saying they're "regular" or "boys being boys." They deserve to be tried for their crimes, but I don't feel life in prison is equitable punishment for bullying.

Bullying? Ah does it not sound like this guy will be having challenging bowel moments the rest of his life?

SnakeswithLasers said:

Rape goes beyond bullying. These young men let go of their humanity and committed savage atrocities on the victim over a period of time, multiple times. This was NOT BULLYING! It was habitual rape, tantamount to torture in my opinion. What a horrific tragedy, raped continually for months as others heard, saw and did nothing!

Patriots7

It's sad that it happened, but it happens a lot, our crew team did a lot worse stuff to their new recruits, and this happened all the time on our varsity baseball team. (Luckily I was 6'4" and my brother was the captain of the team so I was spared any hazing, well most of it)
Gets even worse in college with some fraternities.

eznark

Banned
Wait, the OP wants a hockey stick forcibly rammed in him? That's as messed up as the story.

It's sad that it happened, but it happens a lot, our crew team did a lot worse stuff to their new recruits, and this happened all the time on our varsity baseball team. (Luckily I was 6'4" and my brother was the captain of the team so I was spared any hazing, well most of it)
Gets even worse in college with some fraternitie
s

What the fuck is worse?

JimmyV

Banned
Patriots7 said:

I'd ask for details but I'm scared.

eznark said:
Wait, the OP wants a hockey stick forcibly rammed in him? That's as messed up as the story.

s

What the fuck is worse?
I should have clarified, I want the rape(is it rape if I consent?) part, not the hockey and broom stick part.

Ferrio

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
I should have clarified, I want the rape(is it rape if I consent?) part, not the hockey and broom stick part.

Uh sounds like there was no actual FHUTA. Only broomstick and hockey sticks.

MrOctober

Banned
Patriots7 said:

This begs the question why the fuck would anyone join a fraternity? You have to pay money so people can be your friends but before they are your friends they are all going to ass rape you with fucking hockey sticks and apparently worse? Yeah fuck that shit, I'll stick with my real friends who don't cost me money or force splintered sports equipment up my shitter.

eznark

Banned
MrOctober said:
This begs the question why the fuck would anyone join a fraternity? You have to pay money so people can be your friends but before they are your friends they are all going to ass rape you with fucking hockey sticks and apparently worse? Yeah fuck that shit, I'll stick with my real friends who don't cost me money or force splintered sports equipment up my shitter.

Yeah, I call bullshit on Patriots post. Too many movies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know, 120 years sounds a little expensive on our part. Can't we just sentence them to death and save a few million dollars? Or just make them do something like 100k community service hours?

KibblesBits said:
Rape goes beyond bullying. These young men let go of their humanity and committed savage atrocities on the victim over a period of time, multiple times. This was NOT BULLYING! It was habitual rape, tantamount to torture in my opinion. What a horrific tragedy, raped continually for months as others heard, saw and did nothing!

Maybe you've read more than me on this case, but from the OPs article it looks like a "message" case so some DA can make a name for himself. I'm not denying this is horrific--or that they deserve to go to jail, I'm just saying that the rest of your life is prison is a lot harsher than any of you seem to realize. But it's typical knee-jerk GAF.

Patriots7

MrOctober said:
Living at our satellite house turns out to be cheaper than living in the luxury apartments off campus.

eznark

Banned
Patriots7 said:
Living at our satellite house turns out to be cheaper than living in the luxury apartments off campus.

People were willing to get things done to them worse than large objects shoved in their ass just to save a few bucks? And again, what the hell is worse? What kind of sicko are you?

You're full of shit.

I've never heard of a frat raping it's members as hazing. Elephant walks are about the extent of sexual shit because anything beyond that and who joins? I played hockey, football and baseball and pretty much the only non-boozing hazing was people getting pissed on in the showers occasionally.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Patriots7 said:

So you and your team raped people with sticks and worse? What did you do worse, murder kids?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Funky Papa said:
Yup. You are pretty safe as long as it is not a royal prince the one ordering the arse-stuffing.
Funky Papa said:
ou are absolutely correct. Saudi Arabia is the one that would decapitate any men having consensual sex with his boyfriend.

Ruh oh, somebody knows Saudi Arabia a little too well.

Patriots7 said:
You need to say what happened now that you brought it up.

Ferrio said:
I don't really classify these acts as "immature"

How would you see it then? I see how you're thinking but at the same time these kids probably had some sick wild fantasy, they also definitely were not raised right, they just haven't been show the light obviously.

And the reason I say immature is because when I was growing up around that age I had classmates do and say some of the stupidest shit ever. It's like that "beat your kids" thread that comes up once in a while, I just don't get how kids can think and act the way they do sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom