• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, I tried the demo for Scary Girl on my PStriple and I lost interest pretty quickly. I might pick it up down the road just for the art.

I'll pick up Scary Girl when I get home from work.

I picked up Hack Slash Loot the other day, guess I couldn't wait for Legend of Grimrock to come out and get my dungeon crawl on. I've only played it for about half an hour and damned near have as many characters as I have minutes in the game. First achievement I got was for dying in under 20 turns, it's actually pretty brutal and I'm not sure if I like it or not...but like every other Rogue-like I've ever tried to play, I'll keep on playing it (until I rage uninstall it). If you've got a bit of a masochistic streak in you, you love Rogue-likes and/or dungeon crawlers, then you should probably check it out. It's less than 5$ right now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh wow, that looks awesome. Anyone have impressions?

Played maybe half an hour on XBLA. The presentation is really nice. The 2.5D level style is neat. It's supposedly based off an existing IP. There seems to be a pretty deep combat and movement system. I found the controls a little sloppy.

Blizzard

Banned
I know it's heavily combat focused. And mission based. Theres a quick look of it too.
There's also a demo, sweet.

I'm curious how they made an indie game that is "Unreal-powered" and yet a space simulator. As far as I'm aware, there are major problems with doing that with UDK unless you strictly limit area sizes or use other tricks...maybe they used an older Unreal version or something.

cicero

Where are people getting these Lucid keys?

To quote myself from further up on this page, you can get 2 Lucid keys this way:
This worked for me just now. You send the message through your reddit account, which I think needs to be older than a day.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/rxemw/hi_reddit_its_time_for_steam_code_hunt_i_just/
Just send a message to http://www.reddit.com/user/YeaBoingCodes/ and the bot will send you TWO Steam Keys.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh, I don't have reddit (I refuse to make one) :(

Hmm... anyone willing to give?

EDIT: Welp, decided to give in and made one... but still have to wait for a day?

Chittagong

Gold Member
So I am getting into PC gaming, lured in by 1080p 60fps with AA plus point and click games.

I had this image in my mind of going to Steam and finding tons of almost new games for a tenner, but so far everything I've looked (eg Skyrim, MW3, Fallout NV, Ridge Racer Unbounded etc.) at is £29.99 or something like that. So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Second noob question, Steam is really the only DD service I would trust to have staying power. Can I buy games from Origin and GOG, but somehow have the license stored in Steam?

so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

It's also nowhere to be seen on Steam. Is this normal for Activision, or..?

Nabs

So I am getting into PC gaming, lured in by 1080p 60fps with AA plus point and click games.

I had this image in my mind of going to Steam and finding tons of almost new games for a tenner, but so far everything I've looked (eg Skyrim, MW3, Fallout NV, Ridge Racer Unbounded etc.) at is £29.99 or something like that. So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Second noob question, Steam is really the only DD service I would trust to have staying power. Can I buy games from Origin and GOG, but somehow have the license stored in Steam?

If you can't wait for a sale, you can always find Steamworks deals on other sites like amazon/gmg. The games you listed are all Steamworks, and have to be registered to a Steam account.

so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

PC version has been delayed to 24 july.

I'm interested in the game too. :/

Always check for Daily/Weekly sales and save up money for the big summer/winter ones. You will definitely get new-ish games for a tenner then. The normal prices on Steam are in line with retail, but on sale, dear god.

Just wait, in a few months you'll have more games than you can play in a lifetime.

Games on this list

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

can be activated on Steam, no matter where you bought them from (also known as "Steamworks", even though not entirely correct).

Nabs

Prototype 2 PC isn't coming out for a while.

Two Lucid keys. Already got Lucid. Quote to reveal. Didn't know I had to wait a day after registration. Sent another message and the bot responded with 2 keys within seconds. Reply if you claim them.

Javaman

God the key features for Pat and Mat sound like a pitch to investors.

>World-wide known brand. (Pat and Mat are well known in many countries all over the world. Game doesn’t just “use” the name – it really simulates the popular TV series on your PC.)

>Humor for everyone. (Funny animations, funny situations, funny actions all the time.)

Who writes this shit? LOL

szaromir

Banned
I have a SpaceChem key to spare to anyone who knows what the game is and promises to actually play the game.
edit: no longer valid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom