• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

a916

The thing about the avs last preseason was even though they won, every single game was baaaaad. This year about half the games were bad, maybe a little less than half. Our PP is still just insanely terrible though. It's gonna be a better year but with a worthless PP it's still gonna be very painful.

The intersquad game had a score of 1-0... that team could not score, even in pre-season last year, even though they went 6-0.

This year they look more... hopeful. And barring the catastrophe injuries of last year, and I believe either the, or among the worst in modern day history, goaltending they got last year, they should bounce back nicely from that point total last year. That's not saying much because a 30 point turn around would still have them fighting for last place.

Silexx

Chatter from Ottawa media people seem to indicate that Chabot & Brown are getting likely to make the team to start the season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
must be a pretty short article

strengths : Carey Price is in net
weaknesses : Carey Price can't play any other position

you just reminded me to subscribe to the website
Mostly, Price is super human, that Habs actually have good forward depth (Lol can't score in preason) and a pretty good #1D. Biggest issue obviously is the lack of mobility on D.

Ondor

Banned
Ahh so Juolevi, Rodin, and Holm aren't at practice today so wouldn't be surprised if they're cut. Not sure why Megna and Chaput are still there though.

imBask

Banned
Mostly, Price is super human, that Habs actually have good forward depth (Lol can't score in preason) and a pretty good #1D. Biggest issue obviously is the lack of mobility on D.

outside of shitposting i'm still very unsure about the scoring even in regular season. We couldn't score last year and I don't feel like our forward group got any better

Cake Boss

Banned
DJI5s1qUwAAxfTk.jpg

#wow

Red_Man

outside of shitposting i'm still very unsure about the scoring even in regular season. We couldn't score last year and I don't feel like our forward group got any better
Didn't get better, but they had some of the best possession stats last year, and with Price in net, the offence being middling is still enough to ease into the playoffs, even if not ideal. Rebound seasons from AGally and BGally would be huge, and Lehkonen looks to be ready to take the next step. People severely underrate how good he is.

Ahh so Juolevi, Rodin, and Holm aren't at practice today so wouldn't be surprised if they're cut. Not sure why Megna and Chaput are still there though.

Sucks for Rodin, but he's been outplayed by Boeser and Virtanen and is better suited to a top-6 role.

Juolevi needs more time.

Solo

Couldn't score in regular season and especially in playoffs last year. And the offense is at best equal this year, and at worse even more anemic.

Going to be a real struggle. I expect either making the playoffs in the 5-8 seed range followed by an abrupt 1st round exit again, or the drive for 9th. This team isn't good enough to do more than that first scenario.

imBask

Banned
Didn't get better, but they had some of the best possession stats last year, and with Price in net, the offence being middling is still enough to ease into the playoffs, even if not ideal. Rebound seasons from AGally and BGally would be huge, and Lehkonen looks to be ready to take the next step. People severely underrate how good he is.

not a bad article so far, it's giving me some kind of hope, but this

Alex Hemsky may be a fine replacement for Radulov, as he too is a slick play-making winger, though he has to stay healthy to have an impact.

is how you lose me. Radulov was intense and everywhere and sparked everyone up with his enthusiasm, Hemsky is a dumpster fire on skates

Red_Man

is how you lose me. Radulov was intense and everywhere and sparked everyone up with his enthusiasm, Hemsky is a dumpster fire on skates
I agree with the intensity and off ice stuff, but statistically he outputs the same point totals at 5 v 5 that Radulov did *shrugs*

I don't see him as a Radulov replacement, but he seems like a decent guy to take a flyer on.

Ondor

Banned
Sucks for Rodin, but he's been outplayed by Boeser and Virtanen and is better suited to a top-6 role.

Juolevi needs more time.
Yep, he would've been good to have in the club a season or two ago but Boeser is here and Virtanen has come into his own. He's very good depth to have down in Utica.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Calling it now. Jake Guentzel is going to be a 40 goal scorer this season. Can't wait to see the Pens make another run this season. Just hope Letang can make it through a full season, when healthy he has a legit shot a Norris.

calder

Does that mean you arent a Rangers fan anymore? I'll take your season tickets then. 😀

I always knew when he took that high-powered wall street job Marvin was like 2-3 years away from becoming a Rangers lifelong.

And any doubt vanished when I saw you during this game against the Pens:

iZcGEzX.jpg

The worst thing? Marv is actually texting security in this pic and has the fun-loving guy with the beard tossed out. At least take off your tie dude.

Marvie_3

Banned
I always knew when he took that high-powered wall street job Marvin was like 2-3 years away from becoming a Rangers lifelong.

iZcGEzX.jpg

The worst thing? Marv is actually texting security in this pic and has the fun-loving guy with the beard tossed out. At least take off your tie dude.
Fuck you old man. Thats a power tie.

Chatter from Ottawa media people seem to indicate that Chabot & Brown are getting likely to make the team to start the season.

Feels like a given to me too.

Wonder if they will stay the year or just get their 10 games and get sent down.

Once Brassard is fully back don't see how Brown can stay and I don't like the idea of rushing him.

Pikma

Banned

iZcGEzX.jpg

Dude on his right is checking him out

Maddocks

GO KINGS GO!

Hyped for the season like no other. Going to be a good October for LA fans. Kings, Lakers and Dodgers.

KodaRuss

If by wild you mean shitty, yeah probably

There are some very high expectations going on around Dallas right now with Bishop, Radulov and Hitchcock on the team this year.

Their biggest problem (and its been this way for a while) is their D and they really didnt do anything other than add Methot, who is not that great.

Pikma

Banned
There are some very high expectations going on around Dallas right now with Bishop, Radulov and Hitchcock on the team this year.

Their biggest problem (and its been this way for a while) is their D and they really didnt do anything other than add Methot, who is not that great.
Both Radulov and Hitchcock are good additions

Bishop tho? I'll have to see it to believe it.

D is still bad, really bad

KodaRuss

Both Radulov and Hitchcock are good additions

Bishop tho? I'll have to see it to believe it.

D is still bad, really bad

Bishop is definitely an upgrade over whatever the hell was in net last season. Lehtonen should hopefully be better as well. The D is still going to cause problems though.

Top Bottom