• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Playstation has always been the platform for the tournament community. Literally all the good players are there.
word. well, i'd imagine that even if the other fighting games had a majority on playstation it'd probably slight but tekken's would be more overwhelming
Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release. I definitely appreciate the apology given, though.
as if a Tekken game would ever skip out on a Playstation release...

Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.
I would be more surprised if it did get it.
And why the hell would they put tekken tag 3 as an exclusive? They don't owe anything to nintendo, it would be a suicide for the series. (Also tag happens every 3 mainline games)

This is the part that hurts. The West gets treated like crap and gets scraps well after the fact. I wanted this game two years ago... Now it's finally coming out but it's still not complete and has that season pass crap. It's incredibly frustrating to try and be a fan.

Two years ago the game was in a beta state in the arcades with new gameplay mechanics in dire needs of revamps and refinements , and with less than half the current cast . Maybe you'd be fine with access to that , but a good chunk of the people with the same complaints as yours , would be trashing the game

Hahaha if you zoom in on the collector's edition, you can indeed see the point where they photoshopped out the support beam for Kazuya.

Yep it's working now thanks xo
i kinda hate how collector's editions be doing steelbook cases instead to plastic shit. i kinda steelbook cases so i might just preorder the regular edition

Xater

I would be more surprised if it did get it.
And why the hell would they put tekken tag 3 as an exclusive? They don't owe anything to nintendo, it would be a suicide for the series. (Also tag happens every 3 mainline games)

Also Bamco was pretty good about WiiU support and I don't think it paid off for them.

ZeroX03

Banned
i kinda hate how collector's editions be doing steelbook cases instead to plastic shit. i kinda steelbook cases so i might just preorder the regular edition

I'm not a fan of steel books. Or physical media in general. On the fence about the CE, I'd only want it for the soundtrack and statue, and I have way too many statues and not enough space as is.

I like artbooks. We need more artbooks.

Cross Play?

this should be a standard by now tbh
I'm not a fan of steel books. Or physical media in general. On the fence about the CE, I'd only want it for the soundtrack and statue, and I have way too many statues and not enough space as is.

I like artbooks. We need more artbooks.
oh yeah the fuckin statue and the soundtrack, does the CE also include the season pass?

i'm thinking maybe i'll get the collector's edition and then sell the game, only to buy it again after that

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Tekken-7_2017_01-23-17_032.jpg

XIZIk1T.gif

xviper

i wanted to play both Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 and was hoping Tekken 7 to come out at the end of the year

well, that settles it, goodbye Injustice 2

ZeroX03

Banned
I just noticed that the season pass has new stages. Hmm.

this should be a standard by now tbhoh yeah the fuckin statue and the soundtrack, does the CE also include the season pass?

i'm thinking maybe i'll get the collector's edition and then sell the game, only to buy it again after that

Yes the CE does have the season pass.

Fardeen

god i hate pre orders and season pas bonuses, why cant we get all characters like before, just make it hard to unlock them like doctor boskonovich in tekken 3

Xater

i wanted to play both Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 and was hoping Tekken 7 to come out at the end of the year

well, that settles it, goodbye Injustice 2

I didn't care much for the first Injustice. I think their MK games are better. That made the decision easy. :)

god i hate pre orders and season pas bonuses, why cant we get all characters like before, just make it hard to unlock them like doctor boskonovich in tekken 3

Because enough people bought into this crap in the past. Now you will have to live with it.

TDLink

No Switch version like many were speculating, Nintendoomed

I'm also pretty surprised about this. Harada was hinting at it quite a bit, up to even tweeting the Switch press conference stream. And it's a UE4 game, which Epic said they're helping to bring to the system. Plus Namco has supported Nintendo quite a bit in the past and Wii U got Tekken Tag 2.

So it's a bit puzzling.

Going to get it on steam anyways, of course. Might wait for a "complete" version though with the disappointing news of season pass stuff happening.

Moofers

Day One! And June sounds perfect to me as I have enough stuff to last me well past that right now. I'm going to let Tekken 7 be the first game I buy in 2017. Those shots look awesome, btw. I'm digging Eliza. I didn't bother much with the free to play game so now I finally get to try her out.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
XB1 gets Tekken 6. PS4 gets Tekken Tunes and exclusive costumes. PC gets...well, I guess we should just be happy to get the game.

I was pretty excited for it finally hit PC but feeling left out of extra shit. Then a season pass? Nah. I'll wait. Namco slashes the fuck out of prices so whatever.

Malice215

The Switch supporting UE4 doesn't mean that games like Tekken 7 are going to magically show up without compromises. I'm sure Namco will put out other games for the Switch that are designed for the system seeing that they put out Tag 2, Smash 4, and Pokken on the Wii U.

ZeroX03

Banned
XB1 gets Tekken 6. PS4 gets Tekken Tunes and exclusive costumes. PC gets...well, I guess we should just be happy to get the game.

I was pretty excited for it finally hit PC but feeling left out of extra shit. Then a season pass? Nah. I'll wait. Namco slashes the fuck out of prices so whatever.

PC gets the best looking and performing version of the game by a mile (seen with my own eyes). And cheaper I assume.

opricnik

Banned

Well i hope we get mods i guess.

PC gets the best version of the game, performance wise.

even if there is a Ps4 pro/scorio version, the PC version is obviously going to be the best.

edit: beaten by Zero

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
PC gets the best looking and performing version of the game by a mile (seen with my own eyes). And cheaper I assume.

Technically that is a pretty good feature set. In addition to mods as someone else mentioned.

JayEH

Later than expected but I'll take it. A bit disappointing they are going the dlc route now but hey what can you do. That's modern games now. Will probably go for the PS4 deluxe.

IbukiLordSA

Pre-order characters are literally the most scummy thing developers can do for pre-order bonuses. Why, it makes no sense. Dampened the mood but still excited.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

This is a feature now? =P

Sorry, that's an expectation.

(Not sure on price since Steam hasn't updated).

Top Bottom