• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Valigarmanda was a pushover with mage meta. Sheepsong + OK Burst and Vivi Burst made extremely quick work of the boss. Toss in a Terra OSB roaming warrior that hit for 99,999 and it was the easiest u+ ever.

For me it would depend on if you have enough to take advantage of element stacking. Do you have Imperil Fire? +Fire damage gear? If yes, then I would run with those and mix/match synergy gear until you can comfortably hit the damage cap (or close to it) in *insert content here*, since that's the cornerstone of any element stacking team. I've had a fair amount of fun with my Holy one (PCecil + Beatrix and friends) but there's always going to be that one or two bosses that come around that are immune/absorb your team's damage so you need a backup team (f*ck you Yunalesca and Red Soul).

Otherwise, i could just run it like any other BSB character you want to use and do an Ace Striker type RM + any RW BSB and build up the gauge with the Commands. This is pretty easy with OK since he works with any character and his buff is good anywhere, but you could also run a few other rarer things like Vivi BSB or w/e

I do not have any +Fire gear and my only Imperils are Faris SSB for Wind and Beatrix BSB for Holy.

My normal physical team is a Wind one: Luneth BSB, Faris SSB, Onion BSB, Tyro BSB, Selphie SSB, RW Wall. This is pretty safe and Luneth deals massive damage with Sky High.

My normal mage team is: RS Mage, Onion, Tyro, Selphie, Vanille, RW Weakness-based (Maria / Vivi / Serah / Ashe / Quistis / Hope).

T1:
RS Mage - RW
Onion - BSB
Keeper - Wall
Vanille - Protectga
Selphie - Shellga

T2+:
RS Mage spam multi-hit command, Onion RW then do the same, Keeper Breaks, WMs Curaja / Dreamstage / Miracle Prayer.

I can now use Vanille's BSB instead of Miracle Prayer on the mage team and she will take Selphie's spot on my Physical team.

As for Terra, I don't see her changing things up w/ just her SSB. If I had gotten her OSB then that would have been a completely different story, but I know chasing after the disco ball is a bad idea and that I would be better suited to use the mythril on Saturday.

So, is Refia typically used from the back row? While the entry damage isn't ranged both her burst commands are and Fires Within (an ability that basically fits her like a glove) is too.

Kain

Three pulls, all my mythtril: 3 fucking tiaras, shout and Kain's BSSB

I didn't want shout T_T

At least now we enter the Kain meta! (Check my username)

Anustart

Mastered 180 difficulty exdeath. Fire phase dropped like a rock with krile, phase 1 went quick as well, Bartz got double snowspell strike twice which about killed him. Water and earth phases took longest. Lost 2 medals for damage :(

WarAdept

Just reading up on FF14 a bit and the reason why it's so hyped is because of the new Stonewall BSB effect?

ff14.PNG

The entire banner is basically amazing. When Wall is one of the weakest things to get there...

Kenai

As for Terra, I don't see her changing things up w/ just her SSB. If I had gotten her OSB then that would have been a completely different story, but I know chasing after the disco ball is a bad idea and that I would be better suited to use the mythril on Saturday.

There's almost no SSBs outside of a healer or buffing SS like Shout or Sheepsong or Dreamstage that will be better than BSBs. I just thought you wanted to use Terra so was giving suggestions. :x

Kain

Holy hell, Kain went from hitting like a wet noodle (his default SB is lol) to obliterate shit with his BSSB + Lightning dive. I'm crafting all the 5* and 6* Dragoon abilities right fucking now.

My 11 Pull Luck Lately: "We'll give you some alright (read: old) relics so you can stay competitive, but we'll keep the really good stuff juuuuuust out of reach."

At least the Gigantuars still love me.

Razmos

Already had Vanille's BSB, Shout and Stoneskin. 100 gem pull got me a dupe Platinum Sword lol, definitely not doing any more pulls on this one.

Syntsui

I couldn't stand the pressure, got platinum sword/Vanille burst/Tiara.

I'm just happy I didn't get Y'shtola relic, I would totally dupe it on FFXIV banner.

friz898

So Mind Breakdown, it's only good for mobs who use Holy spells or Heal themselves, is that (mostly) correct? As In, I don't see myself using it much.

As someone said about 5 posts ago, Vali-whatever was very easy. I did die one time with him at 10%, but rematch was no contest. Full party of 99's, and most damage came from Terra's Starburst with Chaos Fira.

Shellga and Cait Sith SB sure seemed to do little on cutting down it's magic though. Damn.

Dragner

Mind breakdown is usefull for bosses that inflict annoying status effects like Valigarmanda or the U spider stop. It reduces the duration.

150 mythril netted me:
Blood Sword
Mistilteinn
Platinum Sword (x2 and a I combined them :( ... it's not like Ramza is in a rush to master and it would been great for lack of Tactics synergy)
Tiara
Healing Staff

Nice banner and I couldn't resist the SSB+OSB combo and probably shouldn't have dove so deep (especially now reading about 30 Tin Armour but no OSB). I might pull on one of the other banners in the fest but keeping mythril for FFXIV and maybe that XIII Cid burst (though I already have three XIII bursts).

Grats to all the new Shout users!

Not going to pull on banner 3 after all with FFT banner not far off and I can get Agrias's BSB there plus Orlandu's BSB or his OSB. Only have 1 dupe on banner 1, so my odds are good at getting something new.

friz898

Mind breakdown is usefull for bosses that inflict annoying status effects like Valigarmanda or the U spider stop. It reduces the duration.

Good to know. I don't think that earns it a slot though where as Magic and Power breakdowns (or some form of, or SB) is a must.

MiTYH

WHAAAAT!?!

I was planning on going at least 2 multis in this banner, but first one I got Terra's Fire Overstrike! So... done for that. Need to figure out where else to spend my pulls. Maybe 4 or 5, I like some of those banners.

Also pulled Y'shtola's Thyrus SSB in that pull which'll be useful

Dragner

Thyrus is a regular SB lol. But OP as the strongest burst. At some time DeNA will pull the trigger and add wall another effect to make people whale for it again. They tried with echo SSB but the world wasnt ready for it. I think we will see it soon.

WarAdept

Also pulled Y'shtola's Thyrus SSB in that pull which'll be useful

Just a normal SB (like SG). Her SSB is the ProShellga + High Regen.

Banner 1 is done for me. 2 Blood Swords and a Mage Meta healer (got Eiko for Physical Meta) in a single x11 pull, so I'm still swimming in mithril. Thank you RNGesus.

Banner 2 is highly dangerous as despite wanting 3 of the items, I already have the other 3. Will probably skip.

Might do a pull on Banner 3.

Banner 4 is trash to me.

Might do Banner 5 just for WoL BSB lols.

There's almost no SSBs outside of a healer or buffing SS like Shout or Sheepsong or Dreamstage that will be better than BSBs. I just thought you wanted to use Terra so was giving suggestions. :x
Oh I do, I just want to find a way to maximize her use outside of CMs.

Maybe running her as the RW Mage? I'd lose the RS stats, but if I 99 her and run RW Papalymo that should be strong, right? Still unsure which RM would fit best here, though. I usually use Devotion on the RS Mage, but would it be better to get her En-Fire up asap instead?

Also, in general, when would x% increase from a magic damage / elemental damage / weakness damage RM outweigh Devotion's 20% MAG?

friz898

I think I'm crazy with over 500 spent in a little over a year, and every character at 80 or 99, and all spells up to Rarity 4 maxed out to Rank 5.

Then I read this forum or hear about the $800 guy and I realize I'm just an amateur lol.

Kain

Did a random pull on the V banner and got Krile's burst O_O

This game really wants me to use her, I got Sheepsong the same way.

Syntsui

I'll go ahead and say that reddit guy faked it. I don't belive he spent that much and didn't get the OSB.

Even in Brave Exvius, where the chances are below 1% to get a 5* base this shit never happened.

Dragner

I'll go ahead and say that reddit guy faked it. I don't belive he spent that much and didn't get the OSB.

Even in Brave Exvius, where the chances are below 1% to get a 5* base this shit never happened.

I can tell you I can happen, for personal experience, Ive got my first medica after wasting all the mythril of months and 200$ back in the day. Got 7* of any other item in the banner before the first medica dropped. In total was about 500 mythril + 200$. My early days of not knowing what I was doing.

ofc this was pre G5.

thedan001

I couldn't stand the pressure, got platinum sword/Vanille burst/Tiara.

I'm just happy I didn't get Y'shtola relic, I would totally dupe it on FFXIV banner.

Nice! If I remember right, you were missing a medica relic?

idk if you already have wall, but having shout and vanille's BSB will set you up quite well!

Pulling in XIV should get you a wall hopefully.

Syntsui

Nice! If I remember right, you were missing a medica relic?

idk if you already have wall, but having shout and vanille's BSB will set you up quite well!

Pulling in XIV should get you a wall hopefully.
I already had Shout for Cid, but Ramza is just superior in every way and now I have an excuse to use him.

I'm missing a Wall and hopefully FFXIV will set me up. I'll do two pulls there and then I won't have anything left for a good time lol.

Said screw it and did my last 11 pull on this banner as it has a lot of useful things. Another single relic pull it was at least Thyrus so not another damn Healing Staff. Can't believe in 4 11 pulls I only got a single relic for each one. Jesus.

There's about a 3.6% chance of this happening at thirty pulls, it's unlikely but certainly not impossible.

Valigarmanda was a pushover with mage meta. Sheepsong + OK Burst and Vivi Burst made extremely quick work of the boss. Toss in a Terra OSB roaming warrior that hit for 99,999 and it was the easiest u+ ever.

OK BSB + Locke BSB + FB (needed?) -> Terra OSB for 99,999. Twice and he was done. Definitely the easiest U+ in a while.

Syntsui

I don't understand why the game requires debuffs for mastery even when bosses resist them. I bought that stupid dance debuff, wasting precious orbs, and the stupid bird resisted it too.

Ahnez

I don't understand why the game requires debuffs for mastery even when bosses resist them. I bought that stupid dance debuff, wasting precious orbs, and the stupid bird resisted it too.
Resist = half effect

All Ultimate, U+ and U++ resist breaks, but they are necessary.

When its resisted, its only reduced by half. The debuff still applies.

Yep definitely use all my luck on FFBE...after my shit tier luck here I decided to do a few single pulls there and pulled my 2nd Noctis....got damn!

Fuck, so I really wasted the orbs because I had the breakdown >.>

Anyway I can't beat it anyway lol.

You didn't waste it. If you had hit with a breakdown, it would have cast a really nasty counter on you because it was a physical attack. If you were having a hard time dealing with damage already, getting hit with a counter wouldn't help t hat at all.

It may not do damage, but Multi Break is fantastic for AoE bosses and Mage team battles where the boss can't be hit physically / has harsh counters to physical attacks. I have mine at R2 and it's paid dividends when needed.

thedan001

Multi Break is working on bosses but debuffs are really OP so DeNA gave all ultimate bosses 100% resist so the debuffs apply but not as OP

Debuffs are still a necessity to win ultimates, even Dr. Mog repeats it in boss intro pages about bosses resisting but still use debuffs anyway

If status effect or debuffs don't apply, it says miss or null and that's considered a waste

Dragner

Instacast medicas are super good. Thats why vanille burst is top tier even without having single command heal. And thyrus is a wall, wall is a key piece on hard content so they are both good relics.

thedan001

Alright so how are the 2 relics I pulled? Minwu?'s Healing Staff and Y'shtola's Staff? Worth putting either of them in my party now?

If you can tell us a little about what relics you have so far and what characters unlocked/leveled. We can give better advice with team builds.

To answer your question, Minwu is great if you don't have any medicas yet.

Y'shtola will become your wall if you don't have Tyro's Senitiel Grimoire yet. So yes she is worth using in your party if that's the case.

Something to keep in mind is that both are for white mage characters, having 2 in a team is great as long as your other characters are strong dps to make up for it.

If you can tell us a little about what relics you have so far and what characters unlocked/leveled. We can give better advice with team builds.

To answer your question, Minwu is great if you don't have any medicas yet.

Y'shtola will become your wall if you don't have Tyro's Senitiel Grimoire yet. So yes she is worth using in your party if that's the case.

Something to keep in mind is that both are for white mage characters, having 2 in a team is great as long as your other characters are strong dps to make up for it.

Okay sounds good. I will give you a list of what I have. Orichalcum (Zidane), Shadowblade (DKC), Tyrfing (Luneth), Revolver (Squall), Runeblade (Ashe), Excalibur (Bartz), Stoneblade (Ashe), Kotetsu (Edge), Riot Blade (Auron), Genji Blade (Greg), Partisan (Fang), Plat. Fists (Tifa), Cat-Ear Hood (Relm), Sephiroth's Coat, Tidus's Strike, Gabranth's Hauberk, Glorious Armguard (Wakka), Organics (Cloud) using, Lightbringer (Celes) using, 1st Fusion Sword (Cloud), Prism Rod (Aerith), Full Metal Rod (Yuna), Crescent Wish (Selphie), Asura's Rod (Garnet), Moore Branch (Exdeath), Wizard Rod (Garnet) using, Morning Star (Strago), Light Staff (WM), Holy Wand (Arc), Rune Staff (WM), Thyrus (Y'shtola), Healing Staff (Minwu), Killer Bow (Fran), Traitor's Bow (Fran), Artemis Bow (Faris) using, Shooting Star (Rinoa) using, Cards (Setzer), Skycutter (Hope), Fixed Dice (Setzer), Peacemaker (The Goddess), Sirius Sidearm (Sazh), Official Ball (Wakka), and Atomic Scissors (Barret). whew...I forgot I had a ton of stuff stashed in my vault. Sorry for the long post I just don't know who the fuck to use. As for characters I have all the ones listed above unlocked and I have a few level 2 crystals to get them to 80..

Current Party is Cloud, Rinoa, Garnet, Faris and Celes

My 11-pull + 3-pull + 100-gems netted Minwu's medica, Thyrus, Shout and Tin Armour.
A lot of shinies but nothing I really wanted (already have SG and Shout, though this one is the only dupe).
Thyrus messes with my 2 scheduled 11 pulls in XIV banner.
FFS, I wanted any one of the banner BSBs or Terra's OSB to go with the Tiara I already had; I leave this phase sorely disappointed.

Top Bottom