• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Gears of War Judgement has leaked to the web...

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Can we expect it to hit the stores before the 22nd of March?

I find very annoying having to wait more than a month to purchase it when other people are playing right now.

MormaPope

Banned
What a boring game to leak, a prequel to a series where they aren't even covering a more interesting time in the game's universe.

Let me guess, Baird and Cole fight locust, soldiers die, and Baird/Cole become brotherly in the process.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
They're not going to release a game early because some pirates get to play it early. I don't think that's ever happened.

Eideka

Banned
The lack of hype surrounding this game is disturbing. I like Gears but I'm not sure I will bother with Judgment.

Omega

Banned
What a boring game to leak, a prequel to a series where they aren't even covering a more interesting time in the game's universe.

Let me guess, Baird and Cole fight locust, soldiers die, and Baird/Cole become brotherly in the process.
spoiler tag that shit!

Tagg9

Yeah, heard about that earlier today.

Microsoft has a real problem keeping their first-party output from leaking.

Sakujou

Banned

Dude, you should've covered this with spoiler.
Dont you know how epic all the unique shooters are with their twisted story plots?

you nuts? it's mad reassuring. It means people actually DO get tired of infinite sequels

faith in games restored

I think you should wait until the next Call of Duty, which sells more than 20 million sandwiches than the last game of this entry.

Sojgat

The lack of hype surrounding this game is disturbing. I like Gears but I'm not sure I will bother with Judgment.

It feels like Gears 3 just came out, and they haven't really been showing much. I keep forgetting that it even exists.

Teknoman

Something surprising always happens in each Gears game, so I dont think Judgement will be all it seems at first look.

EDIT: Yeah they havent really shown it off that much either.

wrowa

I can't get excited over another Gears, but it's sad to see that People Can Fly likely have another flop on their hands.

I wonder if the studio is in danger...

totowhoa

Banned
For some reason I thought this was summer. Had no idea it was so soon. Buzz has been low I guess, but then again I'm not a #1 gears fan or anything, despite them all being pretty good

And if anybody tries to play online, MS is going to nuke their account like they did with halo 4 right?

Of course. That whole GAF incident was an example of MS having a policy that didn't allow for anomalies near release date, which was a foreseeable issue.

I have to agree with that. I was a huge Gears of War fan. Was even a Gearhead for those familiar with that community.

But this? What's the point really? Sure, Baird and Cole are popular characters in the series, but it isn't enough to warrant a $60 game purchase and a worn out multiplayer that I'm going to abandon for Bioshock: Infinite and The Last of Us (not to mention finally play both of The Witcher games).

I may eventually get it if the word here and around is positive and when I can fit it in amongst everything else, but that's a stretched may right there.

Maximus.

Not at all interested in this game. Gears 3 was utter shit, and seeing how this game isn't even made by the same people doesn't inspire hope.

Pezking

Why does this always happen with the biggest titles from Microsoft?

Of course, every game leaks a few days before the street date.
But an entire month?!?

The last game that leaked that early was "Halo 4".

Do they do that on purpose?

I'm very confident that I will get the retail version at least half a week before the street date (Germany here). I hope these morons don't start banning early retail buyers again without first checking if these people are even playing on a modified console...

Pezking

Yes, for downloading illegal copies of the game off the internet.

They can do that until about March 15th. After that, it's much more likely that they falsely ban early buyers of the retail version as well.

I hope that awful Halo 4 drama doesn't repeat here.

And they say zero day piracy is not a problem on the consoles and rampant PC piracy is killing the gaming industry.

A month in advance fellas, a month.

A Steamworks game would never suffer from this particular form of zero day piracy/leak.

Whining Xbox players complaining incoming?

ban-hammer.jpg

rapid32.5

Gears 2 and 3 stories ruined the whole universe Epic set up with the first installment. There was no horror, mystery, RAAM type of characters to keep you on your toes. Eventually the Queen became a clown for comic relief as opposed to somebody to fear.

ElfArmy177

you nuts? it's mad reassuring. It means people actually DO get tired of infinite sequels

faith in games restored

Agreed. Ive seen the hype this last year split between so many games it makes me happy. Infact, God of War 3 doesn't get much attention either.

Top Bottom