• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Any TNBC medals cannot legally be in banners, they have to be "given" away in events. SE doesnt have rights to the property so they cant profit from it. thinking back on it, i dont think any disney movie has been in a banner. only in promotional stuff when a movie gets released
Huh but Jafar and Maleficent are in the current banner?

Psxphile

it's the same banner JP got. i wasn't really expecting them to hand out 3 dot guaranteed prems either.

hopefully we get the old event medal event next week

?? Pretty sure they had event quests where you could farm them from enemy drops. Y'know, because they're outdated and trash and you shouldn't have to waste jewels on them (though I thought that Maleficent A was still high-tier?).

Man. I feel terrible about how good my first 2 pulls on JP...

Like, look at this crap. lol

IgotElbows said:
Fz3R1XO.jpg

m2uBKwj.jpg

Ugh. It hurts....

Not for their anniversary. I joined for their anniversary and they sure as hell didn't get this banner.

Any recommendations on what I should pull for JP? Or should I just save up and wait to pull?

EDIT/P.S. It's insane that JP gets 1000 jewels every 5 days while global gets 500 jewels every 5 days...

Razmos

People are speculating that we are going to get HD Namine next week. She apparently copies the special attack of the next medal

Skittles

Not for their anniversary. I joined for their anniversary and they sure as hell didn't get this banner.

?? Pretty sure they had event quests where you could farm them from enemy drops. Y'know, because they're outdated and trash and you shouldn't have to waste jewels on them (though I thought that Maleficent A was still high-tier?).
jpl0KYH.jpg

The only thing different is the HSC medals they got are slightly different and theirs came with Key Art #6. Which was also outdated there because IllRikuB was a thing months beforehand (this was before the buff tier changes so you would run ikairi2 and illrikub which made you hit max buff). So they also got a banner with medals that were extremely outdated. Our banner doesn't last long enough for a mercy so i'm ok with it not having one (plus the ikairi deal is still going). I just want the event they got to go with the anniversary.

Man. I feel terrible about how good my first 2 pulls on JP...

Like, look at this crap. lol

Ugh. It hurts....

Any recommendations on what I should pull for JP? Or should I just save up and wait to pull?

EDIT/P.S. It's insane that JP gets 1000 jewels every 5 days while global gets 500 jewels every 5 days...
The Tsum Tsum banner seems pretty great. Your pulls were alright. HD namine needs to be guilted before she's useful. The boosted Tsum Tsum is great. Everything else in your pull is lol worthy in JP

People are speculating that we are going to get HD Namine next week. She apparently copies the special attack of the next medal
It'll probably be our next banner. Which kind of sucks since I wanted to save up for her to gulit her.

Joqu

Aww man, I was hoping for a nice way to get some old event medals. This... isn't that. I don't even have the time to gather jewels if I wanted to.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have just shy of 10k jewels - zero of those will be going towards that shit banner. Why not at least give them dots?

E: Also, how long does 0AP last? I am only on Proud 12 and want to finish those before 0AP goes away. Oh and FINALLY 3 Mickey'd all the MOG quests. So glad I did, because boosting that keyblade is annoying as hell.

deanote666

I have just shy of 10k jewels - zero of those will be going towards that shit banner. Why not at least give them dots?

E: Also, how long does 0AP last? I am only on Proud 12 and want to finish those before 0AP goes away. Oh and FINALLY 3 Mickey'd all the MOG quests. So glad I did, because boosting that keyblade is annoying as hell.

I would say either the 27th or 3ed since that's when certain events end but don't quote me on it.

Better get a move on on those proud quests! We're up to 200. I hope you have a lot of Cid's. I only have 15 left after the last 50.

Grinding my way through the Proud quests, though after the update, I'm at quest 162. Not too bad after being having stopped at level 20 prior to the anniversary campaign. It's taken me roughly 2 days to get to 162 so far...

Thanks to the anniversary campaign, I've managed to:

- 3* all of the Moogle of Glory quests as well as fully level it past 25
- 3* all of the Stroke of Midnight quests as well as fully level it past 25
- Evolve Sleeping Lion to level 25
- Get the Counterpoint keyblade and am currently working to level it to 25
- Stockpile both munny and evolve medals for a rainy day

Razmos

That's a good question actually, how much munny and medals did you guys stockpile from that insane VIP quest?

I now have:
60,000,000 munny
650 of each Huey, Dewey and Louie
400 Fairy Godmother and Yen Sid
450 Fantasia Mickeys
400 of each rarity of the 3 fairies
And 350 Huey & Dewey & Louie

Didn't even take that long either, and these are what I was left with after guilting all the medals I could.

Famassu

I don't want to ever have to extensively grind the regular exp & evolve quests ever again so I have, like, 2000-2200 of everything except HDL exp medals...

I went for Second Chance on Kairi2 since I use it on pretty much every keyblade now.

Between that, and Defence Boost II has saved me many many times and is really useful for Union Cross, since second chance can activate there, and then if you die and are brought back, it can activate again. So it not only keeps you alive to do more damage but allows your team to do more damage since they aren't using up turns to revive you.

Triple Threat w/ double attack is a double-edged sword. Two chances to inflict statuses per turn is super nice, but say the initial attack inflicts Sleep? If you're fighting a singular enemy you run a good chance of negating Sleep with the second attack. That's kind of a bummer. Though I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Thanks! Is there a medal which triple threat suits better? I have sleep+ on a musketeer donald so I'm not really worried about sleep missing when I need it, if I need it I can fuse that donald into another medal.

Psxphile

Thanks! Is there a medal which triple threat suits better? I have sleep+ on a musketeer donald so I'm not really worried about sleep missing when I need it, if I need it I can fuse that donald into another medal.

Typically any AoE medal that won't benefit much from an Attack Boost and one you might use during prolonged battles. I put mine on Vexen B since it's more of a defense buffing medal than something you'd use to 1-turn an enemy, and during multiple turns being able to inflict statuses that will help you survive the fight while also buffing your defense and healing seemed like a good idea.

Ugh, finally beat proud quest 200 but can't 3* it due to the level condition: use medals only of 8200 STR

Anyone have an idea for a setup for a lvl. 25 Sleeping Lion? I'm using iB&B as my strength booster but I don't have a strong enough speed medal that's single-hit.

Ava Pug

Ugh, finally beat proud quest 200 but can't 3* it due to the level condition: use medals only of 8200 STR

Anyone have an idea for a setup for a lvl. 25 Sleeping Lion? I'm using iB&B as my strength booster but I don't have a strong enough speed medal that's single-hit.

I used iB&B, iXemnas, WOFF Seph, MDG & WOFF Lightning

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Proud quests are definitely tough for a non-established player. I have a lot of medals, but very few are guilted and few have -10+ Cost to makeup the damage/buff/debuff requirements of some of these OTK requirements. I am just trying to clear as many as I can during the event and will worry about collecting all the 3 Mickey awards later on.

Anyone in top 800-1000 for Coliseum?
What round are you are?

I'm like 2700, wondering if I should even bother trying to get harder.
Highly doubt I could anyway. lol

Sidenote. Any high ranked Ursus parties recruiting?

deanote666

Anyone in top 800-1000 for Coliseum?
What round are you are?

I'm like 2700, wondering if I should even bother trying to get harder.
Highly doubt I could anyway. lol

Sidenote. Any high ranked Ursus parties recruiting?

Round 538, 226th place, level 659 enemies next. I'm at my limit unless I get a 2nd attack ikairi ii.

I fell about 14 places since yesterday. :(

^I'm at 1371st after beating round 260.

Yikes... unless I put skills on all my medals, there is no way I could get to 260...
Well being in top 10k will be good enough for me I guess. lol

Round 538, 226th place, level 659 enemies next. I'm at my limit unless I get a 2nd attack ikairi ii.

I fell about 14 places since yesterday. :(

That's not too bad.
I'd think you should be maybe be fine for top 1k since the drops are smaller up there?
Even at my current spot. I've only been dropping 50-100 every day.
Which is a lot less then 150-250 a day when I was rank 8kish.

deanote666

Yikes... unless I put skills on all my medals, there is no way I could get to 260...
Well being in top 10k will be good enough for me I guess. lol

That's not too bad.
I'd think you should be maybe be fine for top 1k since the drops are smaller up there?
Even at my current spot. I've only been dropping 50-100 every day.
Which is a lot less then 150-250 a day when I was rank 8kish.

There's only 1-3 people per round up here and several rounds with no one.

I think round 300 was in the 600's in the rankings earlier this week but could be different now..

Also, having skills on all medals at that point in the coliseum is a way of life.

Party, solo event next week and VIP broom quests...

I'm guessing there's only 3 brooms tomorrow so I STILL can't guilt my ill KHII Sora in time after WAY too many pulls...

Famassu

The banner has 7 brooms... I hope it isn't another Magic Mirror VIP quest fiasco and they give more of them than 1 per day. -_-

Azuran

Banned
I love SENA sometimes just because they're so good at messing with the community.

Oh well, I'm in need of a guilted iKH2 Sora so have my money this week again. Looks like I have to suffer and not buy snacks for another week ;_;

Managed to also 3-Mickey regular remaining normal quests I had left so for now, I can refocus on coli and union x until the end of the month.

I want to guilt my iKH Sora so bad... I have enough jewels for another pull at least.

If it's 3 brooms a day I'd go VIP for the second time I think...

But I highly doubt it is. Especially because the KA5 special thing is still doing on. (Otherwise people could just use brooms to get it on Tuesday. Unless the event ends Monday night?)

Probably 1 a day. Which is 1 2/5 Fantasia Mickey Bs.

So if you really wanna guilt something with a 3 pip, I guess it is good for those people. Probably can help them climb the ranks more too in Coliseum.

Edit: Yep. It's one broom per day. Eh...

---

Speaking of lame stuff.

"At the end of the event period listed above, the parties that were ranked 1st in each Union will be ranked against each other in the Cross-Union Ranking, awarding Jewels to all players in their respective Unions!

The higher the party's Cross-Union Ranking, the more Jewels that the Union members will receive!
 1st Ranked Party's Union: 1000 Jewels
 2nd Ranked Party's Union: 600 Jewels
 3rd Ranked Party's Union: 500 Jewels
 4th Ranked Party's Union: 400 Jewels
 5th Ranked Party's Union: 300 Jewels
"
It's like 100 jewels to switch unions right? Maybe
So... is everyone going to drop out of Ursus and other low ones and just jump to the highest ranked Union for more jewels?

Psxphile

1 broom a day. Wew. Don't spoil us, SENA. Also, the quests are replaced daily so if you're going for it, start on Monday to get the maximum 7.

Speaking of lame stuff.

"At the end of the event period listed above, the parties that were ranked 1st in each Union will be ranked against each other in the Cross-Union Ranking, awarding Jewels to all players in their respective Unions!

The higher the party's Cross-Union Ranking, the more Jewels that the Union members will receive!
 1st Ranked Party's Union: 1000 Jewels
 2nd Ranked Party's Union: 600 Jewels
 3rd Ranked Party's Union: 500 Jewels
 4th Ranked Party's Union: 400 Jewels
 5th Ranked Party's Union: 300 Jewels
"
It's like 100 jewels to switch unions right? Maybe
So... is everyone going to drop out of Ursus and other low ones and just jump to the highest ranked Union for more jewels?

It's saying the top party of each union will be evaluated on their lux collecting and placed, with the rewards benefiting everyone. So basically the parties consisting mostly of whales and hackers will determine what union places highest. Hell, depending on how things go even Leopardos has a shot at the top. But yeah, I can see people using this as an excuse to jump to Vulpes.

1 broom a day. Wew. Don't spoil us, SENA. Also, the quests are replaced daily so if you're going for it, start on Monday to get the maximum 7.

It's saying the top party of each union will be evaluated on their lux collecting and placed, with the rewards benefiting everyone. So basically the parties consisting mostly of whales and hackers will determine what union places highest. Hell, depending on how things go even Leopardos has a shot at the top. But yeah, I can see people using this as an excuse to jump to Vulpes.

Yeah, if people get VIP this week, they should get it day one or really not bother at all if they wanna get their moneys worth.

I guess the flipside is, it might make getting solo ranks even easier in Ursus now? lol That will be more useful when the only reward isn't just gems. Will be better when brooms become part of it.

c-murph

Oh snap. Paid brooms.

I can Guilt like 3 of my Tier five medals now.

EDIT: Nope nope nope. Seemed to misunderstand. We get paid 7 paid brooms only. Need 5 to make a M&B. I thought it was 7 M&B.

Razmos

I don't really mind that it's 1 broom a day, it's what I expected.

What does bug me though is that the other 2 rewards every day are goddamn moogle medals. Are you serious? They couldnt give us 1 broom, 1 chip and 1 dale? Or 1 broom and 2 cids?

Eurgh.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I mean, I'll still buy VIP. But 1 a day seems rough. If I weren't so invested money wise in the US version, I'd consider the Switch to JP. Everything just seems so much better there, ha.

Famassu

Sölf;234569643 said:
Well, seems like I will never guilt anything with brooms then. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
VIP quests obviously won't be the only source of them, though where and when they'll start offering them outside of those is still a question.

I have so many things to say about the brooms quests. I will get to it when I have the time.

I will say now that I refuse to buy the weekly unlock this time around, though.

Skittles

I mean, I'll still buy VIP. But 1 a day seems rough. If I weren't so invested money wise in the US version, I'd consider the Switch to JP. Everything just seems so much better there, ha.
For reference, they were introduced in JP the exact same way. Extremely scarce for awhile and only available though VIP

OK, now for my rant. This brooms thing only allowing for 1 a day is tone-deaf a complete slap in the face to us for several reasons:

1. Effectively, we only get one pip once all is said and done. If we got 3 a day instead, we would have gotten four pips. It is just not a good purchase on its own.

2. We're still in the anniversary event. Why are we not going all-out in terms of rewards? This entire event has been waaaaaay too conservative outside of the iKairi 2 deal.

3. This is the worst of them all, and it's practically sadistic. Many people have only managed to get 1 iKH2 Sora in the iKairi 2 deal. With the two Mickey & Brooms that were handed to us, they need one more pip to guilt iKH2 Sora. However, the deadline for the premium medal being handed out to people who guilt iKH2 Sora is tomorrow. If we were given 3 a day, then these people would have just enough brooms to make a new Mickey & Brooms and can guilt iKH2 Sora.

But no, we are not allowed that. Instead, these people now have to miss the deadline by 3 days because they can't get enough brooms until Friday. That is really messed up. I'm saying this as someone who didn't even get a single iKH2 Sora in 15 pulls.

Guys, I know brooms are tempting, but don't allow SeNA to get away with this. It's completely insulting.

You can just guilt KA5 with mickey and brooms.

The point is that people wouldn't need to if we were given 3 brooms a day. The fact that people are going to miss out on the deadline by 3 days is genuinely awful. It's like we're being taunted.

Heck, plenty of people in this thread alone were holding out on their two Mickey & Brooms, hoping that SeNA would give us more brooms before the anniversary is finished. Well, we're now given brooms! Except in such a piecemeal way that it destroys the whole point of holding out like that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For reference, they were introduced in JP the exact same way. Extremely scarce for awhile and only available though VIP

So does the US version feel "fair" compared to the JP version? Considering the delay I mean? I don't know how much to continue to invest if it's going to take ages to feel "on par".

c-murph

Oh man, Stage 112 is ass. Make you use only green and red medals with 3 hits... I couldn't even fill my blade. Had to result in using blue. No where near one hit completion on that one.

Top Bottom