• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temple Run 2 (iOS) releasing today/tomorrow, gameplay video

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The distinction of today/tomorrow depends on where you live.

Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu3paDJJLEw&feature=player_embedded&hd=1

Imangi said:
Temple Run 2 by Imangi Studios, LLC

The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by storm!

With over 170 million downloads, Temple Run redefined mobile gaming. Now get more of the exhilarating running, jumping, turning and sliding you love in Temple Run 2!

Navigate perilous cliffs, zip lines, mines and forests as you try to escape with the cursed idol. How far can you run?!

FEATURES

★ Beautiful new graphics
★ Gorgeous new organic environments
★ New obstacles
★ More powerups
★ More achievements
★ Special powers for each character
★ Bigger monkey!!!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks about the same, just different environments, not particularly great.

Never liked the tilting either.

twofold

Android or gtfo

If you care about mobile games, you buy an iPhone. This is hardly new information. Until developers can make as much money with Android as they can with ios, the Play Store will continue to play second fiddle to the App Store. Since that's not going to happen any time soon, you should probably take that into account when you purchase your next tablet/phone.

Anyway..

Looks fun. I'll grab it for my ipad tomorrow. I only played the original a few times but it was pretty decent.

If you care about mobile games, you buy an iPhone. This is hardly new information. Until developers can make as much money with Android as they can with ios, the Play Store will continue to play second fiddle to the App Store. Since that's not going to happen any time soon, you should probably take that into account when you purchase your next tablet/phone.

Anyway..

Looks fun. I'll grab it for my ipad tomorrow. I only played the original a few times but it was pretty decent.

See I don't really care that much about them but they are nice to have around when you are sitting on a bus or train but for me that's about it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice, will try it out today.

Anyway..

2010 called and want his comment back. Thinks been changing at a fast rate, many big releases are multiplattform and the Android versions follow soon after the iOS version.

Jb

Geez, they really spent a whole lot of time coming up with new gameplay ideas for this one...

twofold

2010 called and want his comment back. Thinks been changing at a fast rate, many big releases are multiplattform and the Android versions follow soon after the iOS version.

ios is still tons better than the Play Store, though. It's getting better, but they're nowhere near equal yet. I knew that when I bought my Nexus 4. I have no problem with it. It's just annoying to read posts like 'Android or gtfo' when it's been known for a long time that Android is an inferior gaming platform than ios.

Ashhong

Holy shit at the people complaining about a free game. Since when do all sequels have to be revolutionary? Would you prefer if they called it Temple Run: Random Ass Subtitle?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ios is still tons better than the Play Store, though. It's getting better, but they're nowhere near equal yet. I knew that when I bought my Nexus 4. I have no problem with it. It's just annoying to read posts like 'Android or gtfo' when it's been known for a long time that Android is an inferior gaming platform than ios.

Back in 2010 when i got my iPhone 4 i would gladly agree - if you care about Gaming you had to get an iOS device. But now ? Not really Rayman Jungle Run, GTA. NFS Most Wanted, Modern Combat 4, Virtua Tennis, Final Fantasy III, Sword and Sorcery etc. there is more than enough on Android and it isnt stopping anytime soon.

So yes, iOS is better for gaming but times where you needed an iOS device to get great mobile game are long gone.

twofold

Back in 2010 when i got my iPhone 4 i would gladly agree - if you care about Gaming you had to get an iOS device. But now ? Not really Rayman Jungle Run, GTA. NFS Most Wanted, Modern Combat 4, Virtua Tennis, Final Fantasy III, Sword and Sorcery etc. there is more than enough on Android and it isnt stopping anytime soon.

So yes, iOS is better for gaming but times where you needed an iOS device to get great mobile game are long gone.

Yes, I know.

But still - if you care about playing ios exclusives or playing mobile games as soon as they come out, you have to buy an ios device. If you buy an Android device, you know you won't be treated as well as an ios device owner. It's still one of the main downsides of the platform, even if the disparity isn't as huge as it once was.

Temple Run 2 will eventually hit Android. Everyone knows that. God knows when, though. It could be out next week or it could be out next year, for all we know.

If you care about playing mobile games as soon as they hit, you have to buy an ios device. It's that simple. The fact that Temple Run 2 is out for ios tomorrow but is 'TBA' for Android is proof of that.

The fuck? Jailbreaking or rooting your phone is the same. Why did you have to bring up such a stupid argument?

You need to root your phone now to run unsigned apps? Did that change recently? Haven't really paid attention to android for a few years.

but if this isn't a valid argument, what is a valid argument for android over iOS in terms of games?

Ashhong

You need to root your phone now to run unsigned apps? Did that change recently? Haven't really paid attention to android for a few years.

but if this isn't a valid argument, what is a valid argument for android over iOS in terms of games?

No you do not. That poster just doesn't know what he's talking about.

aparisi2274

That is some impressive draw-in right there... That is like N64 draw in.....

I like that they added some new variety with the hills and what not, but its essentially the same game...

Haunted

★ Beautiful new graphics
★ Gorgeous new organic environments
This game's marketing department and I clearly do not have the same definition of "beautiful" or "gorgeous".

Will download, play for 5 minutes and then uninstall.

Seriously, what other ios have substance, they all bore me in minutes, dont want to carry my PSP no more.

Moff

yep, part 1 had bad graphics, extremely repetitive gameplay and still its the only phone game I played more than 1 hour, I cant really explain why. looking forward to the android release.

Oxx

TR Brave runs like ass on my old iPod so I'm somewhat concerned about its ability to survive the new one.

The fuck? Jailbreaking or rooting your phone is the same. Why did you have to bring up such a stupid argument?

you don't need to root, plus on many devices, rooting is just a whole lot easier. especially the most popular Android devices, Samsung phones. bootloader isn't even protected, well, except Verizon versions, haha...

Top Bottom