• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:
wThio13.png

RHPRUfB.png

Thanks for the advice. You're right, I have too many bad habits. Bad habits just seem like the hardest thing to train away, you know? It's just something I do without even thinking about it at this point and to get rid of it I have to learn to think about it again. I might have to implement some applied behavior analysis on myself to get around this.

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:
You'd think with how much real stuff there is to bitch about, one wouldn't have to make stuff up or nitpick.

I mean.. just by watching her for a bit I saw a few normals that reminded me of others. I didn't watch the video but from memory I saw her share a similar animation to; Karin's cr.MP, her fwd.MK being Laura's overhead, Sweep being Guile's sweep but I'll let that slide, her cr.MK kinda reminds me of Mika's cr.LK but a lot slower ofc

wouldn't be surprised to see some recycled animations for the newer characters going forward tbh

mbpm1

I thought it was Elena's overhead

make it as good as Elena's overhead capcom

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

All walking animations are recycled too, all feet move back and forth.

Edzi

I mean.. just by watching her for a bit I saw a few normals that reminded me of others. I didn't watch the video but from memory I saw her share a similar animation to; Karin's cr.MP, her fwd.MK being Laura's overhead, Sweep being Guile's sweep but I'll let that slide, her cr.MK kinda reminds me of Mika's cr.LK but a lot slower ofc

wouldn't be surprised to see some recycled animations for the newer characters going forward tbh

They're not technically recycled, but they're definitely similar to a lot of moves we already have in the cast. That st. MK is shared by like 4 characters at this point.

Ryce

With 20+ characters, certain animations are going to coincidentally resemble others no matter what. There are only so many ways for a martial artist to perform a jab or a low kick or a sweep. The problem comes when people blame those similarities on laziness and accuse Capcom of recycling animations. I have a pretty good eye for finer details, and Kolin doesn't have a single recycled animation in her move set. I'm sure of it.

MrCarter

He's a cool guy but bores me to sleep half the time. Talks way too much about way too little. Capcom are not NRS whereby they will recycle animations from one game and use it in another.

There's probably a Necalli out there who thinks that I just rage-quit on them. Lost the connection during our 3rd, final match, just after they had KO'd me in a one-sided first round. I wanted that fight :(

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

They're obviously different. Laura's lets you look down her top and Kolin's lets you look up her skirt.

He's a cool guy but bores me to sleep half the time. Talks way too much about way too little.

I thought I was the only one who thought this, what a relief. I unsubscibed from Vesp recently as he drags out videos on the smallest and insignificant shit, usually days after the rest of the web (GAF) has exhausted discussion on the same issue. Maxamillion is another I got sick of very quickly.

Pompadour

I thought I was the only one who thought this, what a relief. I unsubscibed from Vesp recently as he drags out videos on the smallest and insignificant shit, usually days after the rest of the web (GAF) has exhausted discussion on the same issue. Maxamillion is another I got sick of very quickly.

I like Vesper and he did a great job dissecting early SFV footage when we had almost no info on how the game worked but I literally did fall asleep last night watching his 3rd Kolin breakdown. I appreciate the effort, though. If I want to find out all about a new character but don't want to dig through dozens of forum posts Vesper is a gpod option.

MrCarter

Trust me. You're not. He literally picks apart every single frame and talks with about it with the most mundane voice possible. He's good for people who like that sort of thing though. Also, don't make me get started on Maxi-clickbait-millian.

I honestly feel kinda bad for Maximilian; he's a fun guy to listen to and his Week Of battle compilations are a great way to learn some tech for a character you're just starting, but the way YouTube awards monitization means he has to stretch discussion videos out for waaaaaaay longer than necessary a lot of the time. It may seem ridiculous when he spends like 15 minutes discussing on tiny tidbit or info or an unverified rumour but I s'pose you've gotta make that YouTube money somehow if you create content for a living.

Edzi

I honestly feel kinda bad for Maximilian; he's a fun guy to listen to and his Week Of battle compilations are a great way to learn some tech for a character you're just starting, but the way YouTube awards monitization means he has to stretch discussion videos out for waaaaaaay longer than necessary a lot of the time. It may seem ridiculous when he spends like 15 minutes discussing on tiny tidbit or info or an unverified rumour but I s'pose you've gotta make that YouTube money somehow if you create content for a living.

That's honestly not even the part that turned me off from him, it was mainly the streaming/reaction fake hype videos. That stuff is super transparent, and I've never liked streamer culture where they're basically begging for money and spending most of the stream profusely thanking all the saps who are giving them money for nothing.

That's honestly not even the part that turned me off from him, it was mainly the streaming/reaction fake hype videos. That stuff is super transparent, and I've never liked streamer culture where they're basically begging for money and spending most of the stream profusely thanking all the saps who are giving them money for nothing.

Eh, if people want to support a personality they enjoy then they can. It's a bit irritating yeah, but I'm not gonna disparage something that I don't have to take part in.

Edzi

Eh, if people want to support a personality they enjoy then they can. It's a bit irritating yeah, but I'm not gonna disparage something that I don't have to take part in.

The main problem isn't really the people who donate, but the streamers who encourage it with the attention.

Pompadour

I would say Sagat and Sak are locks but then again I was sure they'd be locks for s2.

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that Sagat and/or Sakura are in S2 as one of the few surprises Ono said he'd reveal around E3/Evo. Not that I like the characters but they're obvious inclusions that we need to get out of the way before we can get the characters I like.

Maybe if S2 is 85% new characters then the rest of the future DLC will be veterans. That would be 9 new characters and SF4 only had 10 out of 44 in their lineup.

mooncakes

I dont understand the hate for Viper. Why do people dislike her?

Her superjump and feints cancel makes her feel like an anime character in a street fighter game.

I would hate to see Viper in SF 5 since they might maker her move casuals friendly and less complex like Ibuki.

FluxWaveZ

GGs earlier, Producer. You know, I think I'm gonna spend more time with Balrog. What'd you think when I played him? The thing that people don't realize is that playing Mika can be pretty stressful. Low health, difficult to get in with, needs to take risks to get anything going and she needs to make it count once she gets in.

But with Balrog, I feel like I'm constantly threatening, I have good health and I don't need to be taking crazy gambles all the time. Feels good, and I like the MU more against Chun using him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom