• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Dlent

so the actual hit and combo flow animations in Injustice 2 look a shitload better than what im used to from NRS.

I havent played much NRS since MK9, but IJ2 is making me curious to jump in.

I'm similarly shocked. The animations on individual normals still look bad, but they do a much better job of hiding it this time(although I haven't watched that much of the game).

Dahbomb

Nobody can be blamed for buying terrible games when there is so much deception and misinformation fed to gamers. Everyone is getting bamboozled.
Yes you can and should be blamed.

The people who get bamboozled are those who pre order a game and buy it day 1. If you don't want to get bamboozled, hold the purchase off for a couple of days and wait until everything about the game is out in public, in writing and in video.

That's not to say that corporations shouldn't be taken to task for deliberately deceiving their customers but with some self control you can easily avoid getting bamboozled.

vulva

Alien Covenant was even worse than Prometheus. Only things that saved it were the overly homoerotic scenes. Otherwise it was a film that somehow looked worse than all of it's predecessors, had no tension, and none of the characters were remotely likeable. Ridley Scott further cementing that he's way more garbage than good.

Dahbomb

Alien Covenant was even worse than Prometheus. Only things that saved it were the overly homoerotic scenes. Otherwise it was a film that somehow looked worse than all of it's predecessors, had no tension, and none of the characters were remotely likeable. Ridley Scott further cementing that he's way more garbage than good.
It looked bad from the trailers too. Sadly I am going to end up watching it anyway because my fiancee is a bigger Alien fan than me. And she loves Fassbender.

pizzacat

Banned
But what if they replaced fassbender with a predator

vulva

It looked bad from the trailers too. Sadly I am going to end up watching it anyway because my fiancee is a bigger Alien fan than me. And she loves Fassbender.

She'll love the homoerotic stuff then. Some woman in my theater screamed "YES!!!!!" at one point because of it. Definitely highlight of the movie tbh.

Lol, that reminds me. It was a shit movie, but 1 thing I found amusing about AvP, was the Bishop actor cameo as Weyland's CEO. Fun piece of storytelling that suggests Bishop from Aliens was built in his image, lol.

Covenant trailer looks like a couples retreat in space where you know what bad stuff is going to happen but they don't.

Edit; Didn't know there was Fassbender. Thought it was just Eastbound and Down guy.

Dlent

Does anyone know if it's still possible to disable v-sync to reduce input lag in SFV, and if it affects online connectivity at all? I don't remember hearing anything about this after the first kerfuffle about the 8 frames. Seems like it would give PC players a huge advantage during cross play.

I also remember that you could alt+tab out of the game to transfer the one sided lag over to the opponent.

JeTmAn81

Lol, that reminds me. It was a shit movie, but 1 thing I found amusing about AvP, was the Bishop actor cameo as Weyland's CEO. Fun piece of storytelling that suggests Bishop from Aliens was built in his image, lol.

You can never have too much Lance Henriksen.

Dahbomb

Alien 3: Director's Cut is not that bad but still a major step down.

Alien: Resurrection might be one of the worst franchise films I had ever seen at that point and is no surprise that it took so long to make an Alien movie after that.

Prometheus is hardly an Alien movie and more like an excuse for Ridley Scott to throw out masturbatory Christian themes in that universe with all that space Jesus non sense.

Have not seen Covenant yet, I just want it to be better than Prometheus at this point.

In other news... I LOOOOVVVEE the smell of Deadshot salt in the morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUOW4ma_5VM

Tizoc

So what's the batting average of Alien films after 2? Lol.

You know what?
avsp.png

Anyone know where to buy a poster/framed copy of this flyer?

Saw Alien C.

Vulva is mostly right, the film really suffers from a lack of good characters. Too many flat 1 dimensional characters that didn't need to be there. Fassbender remains the film's best character. I wish they took more time elaborating on his motives & drive. Oddly enough the film is better when the Alien isn't around. I really feel like these two prequel films aren't even "Alien" films. The themes are completely different & somewhere in these new themes is the potential for a great film but Scott & his writers have not been able to put it together yet.

Some slightlt spoilerish nerd stuff.
I have issues with how aggressive & fast the Alien is. It's unnatural. When Aliens added more speed to the creature it felt natural with weight, the creature is too weightless. The Alien is too quick to throw itself into bad situations as well. The creature was always decently cunning even in 3 & R. Here it just attacks recklessly which is uncharacteristic. Too much CG as well. When the chestburster appears it's CG & it really shouldn't have been. The Alien is more CG than it should be as well, adding to that weightlessness

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well that's good.

One of my biggest pet peeve is how stupid people react in horror movies. Covenant is like the king of that in recent movies. Korean and Asian horror in general is miles above American films in that aspect.

Sayad

Well that's good.

One of my biggest pet peeve is how stupid people react in horror movies. Covenant is like the king of that in recent movies. Korean and Asian horror in general is miles above American films in that aspect.
Lower budget movies lend them selves better to horror, blockbuster beats just get too much in the way of a good horror movie. We still get things like The Witch and Get Out every now and then from the west.

Hyun Sai

Lower budget movies lend them selves better to horror, blockbuster beats just get too much in the way of a good horror movie. We still get things like The Witch and Get Out every now and then from the west.

I really liked Cabin in the Woods. I didn't see it years ago thinking it was another bland by the book US horror flick, but it was legit good and surprising.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah now that I think about it low budget horror movies, at least the popular ones, have characters with better common sense.

I thought Split was good in the recent pile. Also the void as well.

Dahbomb

Convenant is like the DMC2 of Alien franchise.

I have no hopes for Blade Runner.
Ridley Scott isn't directing Blade Runner thankfully.

Saw Alien Covenant and yea gotta echo what Vulva said. No tension, predictable stuff, characters did a shit ton of dumb stuff that got them predictably killed, more God allegories, shit ton of exposition dump etc. Only good thing is that it makes Prometheus make more sense lore wise.

I would still watch a sequel to this as from the way they have set it up, it might have an Aliens vibe to it but from the looks of things they might make a movie in between Promethus and Covenant which would be incredibly dumb at this point because we already know what happens thanks to Covenant.

Side note: Never have I seen a bunch of people casually just accept a bunch of creepy alien shit happening around them. It's like no one even acknowledges that we are dealing with life beyond humans here or the implications...

I could write a good 3rd film but I don't think the people Scott is working with can. There is potential but it's hard to imagine them pulling it together.

mbpm1

Side note: Never have I seen a bunch of people casually just accept a bunch of creepy alien shit happening around them. It's like no one even acknowledges that we are dealing with life beyond humans here or the implications...

Oh I fucking hate that shit

shaowebb

Okay finally beat both endings in Story Mode. The way it phrased it about "beat all character scenes to unlock an alternate ending" made me think their was a third ending with maybe Darkseid or something.

Now that I finally got through without being spoiled on the story though I can start pounding multiverse mode for character endings and loot. Story had some
Nightwing
fights in it...I wonder if he will be playable?

Either way my thoughts so far.

• Firestorm- Not as fast of a zoner as i liked. Not as dominant at full screen as I wanted. Good but he hasn't clicked yet. Not sure if I'll make a backpocket Firestorm. I'll have to lab his strings.
  • Blue Beetle/Catwoman- Surprisingly fun rushdown from both. Could easily see getting long combos out of either. Possible I might go in on one later.
  • Cyborg- MUCH. IMPROVED. His old heal gimmick sucked. He has slow short strings still but he has a much stronger knockdown game with his mother box gimmick. Its like using Puggles with Quan Chi or Lex Luthors traps. Very good full screen and a great GTFO blaster makes him easy to setup knockdowns.
  • BANE: STILL MY MAIN! Even better even without the double punch. new super and elbow drop stuff is just that good.
  • Green Arrow: All hail the new boss. Boxing glove is solid, his movement is better, and his strings are now threatening. He can combo and start and punish way better than ever. Definitely one to keep.

I still need to lab dudes I didn't get to play as in the story. Most of the bad guys look great. Hoping to use Brainiac or Robin as a backup. Dr. Fate looks damned tempting though.

EDIT: Back after some labwork. Changing my mind on Robin's pressure. Its alright but it seems like a lot of his shit is just punishable. Folks cant rush it down so much as they'll have to setup guessing games with him.

Top Bottom