• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

From what I've heard about the book it panders heavily to the crowd that asked for the book so how you feel about that kind of stuff will determine how you feel about the book. I've seen people call it amazing while others call it terrible.

Moon Girl is decent fun, though I'm behind on her book like many others.

"Pander?" Does the book written by a gay latina featuring a gay latina superhero not feature enough Pepe memes or white dudes saving the day for those people?

I hate how "pander" is thrown around to delegitimize books not written by straight white males. They think writers like Gabby Rivera are making some kind of calculated move for profit rather expressing herself in the way she wants. "Pander" assumes the audience is all white and male, and anything not tightly tied to their interest is "pandering" to an audience that's not real or worthwhile.

Malyse

From what I've heard about the book it panders heavily to the crowd that asked for the book so how you feel about that kind of stuff will determine how you feel about the book. I've seen people call it amazing while others call it terrible.
It's just not hitting with me. Plus
America dumped her girlfriend because reasons
which was just awful. And it made me realize I hate like 80% of all superhero banter. It didn't feel like the character being written was the same America Chavez I've been reading over the years.

Malyse

She dumped her white girlfriend
from Ultimates?
Yeah! I know I'm overreacting to it but
one thing I loving in any work of fiction in any medium is a couple that stays together happily no matter what. So when we immediately jump to America dumping her long time girlfriend in the first issue?
BRUH.
Yeah, her white girlfriend dumped her for reasons
I mean,
I know long distance relationships usually don't work, but America can kick between dimensions for fuck's sake. And she's friends with so many tech geniuses they could have worked it out.
it's just so ugh.

Batman #11 is amazing. Just spectacular. The parallel narrative device is under appreciated and one of the storytelling devices that absolutely shines in comic form.

One last Logan thought before bed: I'm happy Marvel didn't try to tie-in to the movie with a bad future X-Men event.

See y'all tomorrow~

Edit: Quote me on this in the future if I'm right: Fake!Clark is Superboy Prime but the escaped/broken out Oz prisoner is Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Such bullshit...
a line in the letters section makes it seem like the bullet may be the case though.

Andrea getting grazed by a bullet would be too predictable. And part of why the book had been so interesting lately is because of all the fakeouts. So this could be Kirkman trying to trick us into thinking he's doing another fakeout and then at the end of next issue after treating the supposed bullet wound Andrea transforms and gets a swift bullet to the head.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Andrea getting grazed by a bullet would be too predictable. And part of why the book had been so interesting lately is because of all the fakeouts. So this could be Kirkman trying to trick us into thinking he's doing another fakeout and then at the end of next issue after treating the supposed bullet wound Andrea transforms and gets a swift bullet to the head.
Or it's a
double fake out
🤔

Malyse

I like Dick and Helena as a couple.

-----

I really like the Freelancers. They are a great anti-Champions. I think Champions is finally worth reading.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
In news from various places, Rick Remender is revealing a new book during ECCC, and Jeff Lemire has two "big announcements" tomorrow at ECCC.

PsychBat!

Banned
In news from various places, Rick Remender is revealing a new book during ECCC, and Jeff Lemire has two "big announcements" tomorrow at ECCC.

ANOTHER Remender book? Hope this doesn't hold him back on his other books. Interested in the Lemire books since he's not gonna work at Marvel anymore.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ANOTHER Remender book? Hope this doesn't hold him back on his other books. Interested in the Lemire books since he's not gonna work at Marvel anymore.
Well, Remender's got Low, Deadly Class, Black Science and Seven to Eternity right now. He said he's already written through 16 on that last book. Five could be doable, and it may not be an ongoing.

Not 100% that Lemire's announcements are new books, but that seems likely. In fact, looks like the announcements are happening tomorrow and Lemire's not ECCC til the weekend, so who knows. Could always be something about a film/TV adaptation, as he's got a couple things that have been optioned and are in development.

dan2026

The page even says
"prime suspects." They think they're being clever.
I don't think it will be
Superboy Prime.
I hope it is.

But I think it probably won't be.
The fortress scanners confirmed the mystery man to be human.
Unless that too is another fake out,

shingi70

Banned
Man like I haven't read comics in three weeks. Gonna do some reading and sometime next week but the $90 worth of books I'm down on.

But firday it's all switch all weekend.

Messi

Kelly Thompson posted about Jem stuff getting announced soon.

Hold onto your butts! I have it on good authority that we’re getting a Jem & The Holograms (and The Misfits!) announcement at ECCC this week/weekend!

There will also be an exclusive piece online (with an awesome outlet), for those not attending the show. :D

IT’S HAPPPEEEENNNNNINGGGGG!

Reboot!

Grrl Scouts: Magic Socks #1 preview is in #11 of Image+ magazine. This is looking to be Mahfood's best work.
KTTtVlQ.jpg
Comes out May 17th.

America #1

WOOF

Anyway, Action Comics really picked up after the first Doomsday arc. Men of Steel was pretty awesome. Heavily invested in this Mild Mannered arc and am going to read Superman #18 tomorrow

Malyse

America #1

WOOF

Anyway, Action Comics really picked up after the first Doomsday arc. Men of Steel was pretty awesome. Heavily invested in this Mild Mannered arc and am going to read Superman #18 tomorrow
I legit think America might have been my most anticipated comic this month too. WELP.

Dalek

its possible the bullet could have gone clean through.

;)

Top Bottom