• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNIQLO UTGP '17 Winning Nintendo Shirt Designs Revealed

Ryuukan

got a handful for the kids for the summer

DAMlpNTUwAE-1-E.jpg

I had a look today but they're all over the place in terms of quality. The I Am Legend one is quite nice with stitched pieces, but most of the others are just iron transferred style things and look really cheap. The most disappointing was DK climbing up the pocket. That's just a transfer whereas Mario & Luigi out of the pipe is a proper pocket, major wtf! Will wait for them to start clearing them out half price methinks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The odd thing I find about the DK pocket one is the dithering on it, like whoever designed it used an oddly compressed sprite.

Toronto Yorkdale was cleared out of Mario stuff by 5pm yesterday. And they've said that's it.

I only managed to get the last Resetti.

Uniqlo Canada doesn't even do online orders. Apparently people were linin up in the morning.

This is more rare than the NES Classic.

Got a splatoon one
Haha hopefully the brand is not obvious enough yet to give off "omg videogame!"

Looks nice - I am afraid that the iron press thing will come off after a few washes though

Ninja Dom

I copped the Mario & Luigi pipe pocket t-shirt and the winning design t-shirt. The pipe pocket t-shirt is a really nice touch when you see it in the flesh!

openrob

I went down to the UK launch yesterday and copped a couple shirts.
Annoyed that the Boo one was a girls tee, because that one was cool hehe.
Magicarp is hands down the best.

I put a little video of the lauch up as well, though it was much more low key than the US launch by the looks of it,

Those Pikmin and Boo shirts for women are ace. Actually kind of upset that they're feminine only.
Might still cop that graphic T with the stencil design. That one is real neat.

GRaider81

Not a huge fan of any of them tbh, not for me anyway. Would get a couple for my kids though.

Preferred the Vans collab last year

Salarians

My store seemed to have plenty of them. Just grabbed the Splatoon shirt. I wish the Kirby and Animal Crossing ones came in adult men's sizes. :(

SalvaPot

Went there convinced to pick up the DK one, but it doesn't look as nice in person (No real pocket is a deal breaker for me). Picked up the Magicarp one instead, my gf wanted the boo one but they were sold out, got the Pikmin one instead since it looks much better in person.

ASaiyan

Banned
Why are all the best designs only in women and kids sizes q_q

Still cool that they did so. Some great art all around.

Laws00

Just got my shirts in today actually!!

the red mario one

splatoon one and the mario and luigi green pipe one

MutFox

Banned
Currently in Japan,
Every Uniqlo I've seen have a ton in stock.

Not my style though.
Only one I sorta like is the Metroid one.
Though I'd like it more if it didn't say Metroid.

Guevara

Kind of want that Metroid shirt, but I know it will be one of the least popular and on clearance for like $4 in a few months.

MutFox

Banned
Nobody would dare wear those shirts in Japan, lol.

Well they are pretty ugly designs for the most part.
Something more simple would have sold better here.
Actually not sure if this will do that well anywhere.

Maybe North America, where fashion isn't as important.

Chairhome

8EeGBjal.jpg

My haul from online (I was told Disney Springs would not have any so i did early access shopping on thursday, then found that they did get it, but sold out of a lot of styles anyway).
2 for my wife, 3 for me, 3 for my daughter, 4 for my son. We all picked what we wanted.

marmoka

Banned
I'm trying to purchase the Metroid t-shirt in the UK store, but it's sold out, only XS size is available. It's been like this for at least one week.

I need that t-shirt!!

thenexus6

Got an email notification about the AC shirt coming back in stock so I got it for my Sister... then instantly out of stock again.

goods_00_199519

Definitely the best shirt from the selection I think.

I'm trying to purchase the Metroid t-shirt in the UK store, but it's sold out, only XS size is available. It's been like this for at least one week.

I need that t-shirt!!
They are super bad at restocking the UK store. Stuff will be there for like an hour then sell out. The problem is that when you start the check out process items are removed from the store. But if you don't finish checking out stock is stuck in limbo for up to a day until they cancel that order. I got some stuff earlier this year and was pretty disappointed with two out of the four items I purchased anyway.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Welp, I saw our local Uniqlo having these shirts. I bought one, the YOU CAN NOT RESET LIFE shirt.

I was picking between this and the Splatoon ink splat shirt, though I grabbed this because I'm an AC guy. I kinda prefer the one for kids though.

Top Bottom