• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces online fees for Monster Hunter G Wii

duckroll

We knew before that MHG and MH3 won't have free online, but they have now officially disclosed the pricing for MHG's online in Japan.

- There will be a 14 day free online trial campaign
- For ongoing online play, players will have to purchase Hunting Tickets
- 30 days ticket = 800 Wii points, 60 days ticket = 1500 Wii points, 90 days ticket = 2000 Wii points

This is for Monster Hunter G, but I think the rates will probably be the same for MH3 as well. Thoughts?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
People will bitch. People will pay. MH will still bore me.

Tailzo

I am not sure about what the rest of you think, but I would not pay for MH online fees.

edit: I will play MH3 Portable via adhoc when it comes though :)

cvxfreak

So I guess this is how Nintendo will handle pay-for-online. Karaoke Joysound Wii also had the ticket system.

I think it's a good system given the lack of Xbox Live or PSN-like system in place. I recently registered with KDDI to play Biohazard Outbreak and Outbreak File 2 online in Japan, but I wish I didn't have to use my credit card to do so.

Hopefully though, one ticket buys into both games and any future Capcom online games.

StuBurns

Banned
It's not a persistent online experience, and you're not getting Live like service, any amount is too much.

Also, I was under the impression the insane MH popularity was due to the whole social aspect of all being in the same room, seems like a bad game to charge for online because people can just play it on PSP.

Huh, I used to be interested in trying this game to see what all the fuss was about, having never owned a PSP.

So much for that.

Tron 2.0

Killer said:
is this a joke?
Are you honestly surprised or just ignorant of the way Monster Hunter has handled online in the past?

Japanese Monster Hunter players are used to it at this point, but I do wonder if they'll charge if the game is localized. Might be a major turnoff for Western gamers unfamiliar with the series.

ri6ihs.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Go319 said:
wow capcom, all this wii love in one day? whats a wii owner to think?

its all getting to much...

Yeah but this is Japan only, we don`t know if they'll charge in the us for mh tri.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
AranhaHunter said:
Why wouldn't they?

Because the series isn`t that popular here and most ppl. wouldn't want to pay for a monster hunter online expierience ?

biocat

I'm not not surprised but it's just another reason why the series should have stayed on the PS3.
No online fees.

(Talking about tri, here)

duckroll

biocat said:
I'm not not surprised but it's just another reason why the series should have stayed on the PS3.
No online fees.

Are you sure? Even Monster Hunter Frontier on the PC has fees. :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
biocat said:
No online fees.

They would have charged for it in japan anyway. That's their business model.

cw_sasuke said:
Because the series isn`t that popular here and most ppl. wouldn't want to pay for a monster hunter online expierience ?

Not a good enough reason.

biocat said:
No online fees.

SOE "Free Realms" will have a free option and a monthly fee option so I'm sure if Capcom wanted they could've charged monthly fees on PSN too.

biocat

duckroll said:
Are you sure? Even Monster Hunter Frontier on the PC has fees. :p

I know, but what other online game for the PS3 has fees?
Sony seems to be pushing for everything to be fee free.

StuBurns

Banned
biocat said:
There aren't any major MMOs on their yet, when Rapture's out, it'll have online fees.

Also, even though the Agency isn't going to be pay monthly any more, they were considering it.

biocat

AranhaHunter said:
SOE "Free Realms" will have a free option and a monthly fee option so I'm sure if Capcom wanted they could've charged monthly fees on PSN too.

I stand corrected, then. Capcom has a similar model for Monster Hunter Frontier (PC), free and pay, so I suppose it could have floated on PSN.

Grayman

biocat said:
it is not like sony has had people beating down their doors to put games that are usually pay to play on the system.

Barrett2

On one hand, the utterly featureless online functionality of the Wii makes this seem ridiculous. But at the same time, with the game's popularity in Japan, I would probably do the same thing if I were Capcom.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AranhaHunter said:
Not a good enough reason.

it's still free , you just pay for your horse armor and power up and other stuff ( like Home ) , I think Sony want PSN to be free , I guess that why SE didn't port FFXI to PS3 and why NCsoft just forget about their PS3 game .

duckroll said:

- There will be a 14 day free online trial campaign

- 30 days ticket = 800 Wii points, 60 days ticket = 1500 Wii points, 90 days ticket = 2000 Wii points

Thoughts?

Oh man I'm getting back flashbacks to the time I played an MMO here. Seriously though a year would costs me $80. They have to charge for this to make a profit, this is a business afterall. My question is this; how good is the service? The stability of the servers, keeping content following, etc. etc. I hope we don't get fees like this in the US but we going to if we want to kick some wyvern ass together.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow. Paying for online? I'll stick with the PSP ones then... Had no idea the console versions are pay for online. No wonder the PSP ones sell so much better. I'll stick with ad hoc party. Free online, FTW!

Top Bottom