• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

guit3457

Well, about Wii Music he said:

"It is always sad that something is not sold as well as expected. I think these negative experiences on a project is a thorn that is stuck, so we usually try to work the best idea or at least take it up and concretize it from an angle different for use in another title. "

Is that the case of Wii Music? "Yes, I want to do more with that idea," he adds with a laugh.

darthdago

...I was not here for the weekend and the posts are more than doubled...

I had a party and now sitting here at work with a massive hangover...

tried to read some of the first pages (there was something about a perma ban cos of fake info)

and the last two pages...

but I havent seen any news...

whats up do we know something new?

Would be nice if someone could give a summary...

Combine Mario Paint and Wii Music. Let me turn my tablet screen into a Mario-themed version of Garage Band, make flipnote-studio style animations to play alongside my creations, etc.

darthdago

Well, the cat's out of the bag: this, what appears to be, industry insider just confirmed that the WiiU will be LESS powerful than the PS3.

I think it might be Arkam. Get Ideaman in here!

:)

???
I should go back to my rum then...ohh...what do I see here...there is some beer in our office...that will also do it...........

but Ideaman and a lot of others have allready made clear that...(ohh my head)...the WiiU is stronger than PS360 and we shouldnt believe in any BS.
The only thing we didnt know is how much stronger...or...

Bumhead

Banned
Mario combining the tablet and TV screen is an interesting one.

I wonder how games will work that use both. Will they only work using the tablet and TV, and therefore won't stream entirely to the tablet? Being able to play games on the sofa independantly from the TV is a big part of the appeal of the system for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ain't you afraid this guy has a backdoor into your dreams?
Why would I be afraid of that. Why wouldn't I be welcoming. What a silly question.

Wii Music! This is the real bad news for Wii U.

Take your Wii Music hate outta here.

Then how would the instruments communicate with each other?
You select the notes you want to play and the game composes an email to send to one of six Nintendo certified composers. They will then send you an MD with the recording of your notes in about 30 days.

m.i.s.

Banned
t1338922800z4.png

make it go faster T_T

Just realised, the day of Nintendo's pre-e3 press conference is an extra bank holiday for us brits because of the Queen's Diamond jubilee.

Bagu

You select the notes you want to play and the game composes an email to send to one of six Nintendo certified composers. They will then send you an MD with the recording of your notes in about 30 days.
Sounds efficient.

Most people don't really know what MIDI is...

When I was I younger, I assumed most people would do a bit of research if they didn't fully understand something. Turns out most people just seem to trust the first person that tells them something, not really caring if it's true or not.

Antioch

If there will be a Mario Wii U game at E3 I think it's more likely to be the next EAD Tokyo game, rather than another NSMB, since we know that to be coming out for the 3DS. So I think it'd be great to get at least a glimpse of what EAD Tokyo is making as the successor to the Galaxy games.

Btw, I think Wii Music still has the potential to succeed, I think the controller lends itself far better to music than the Wii remote, tbh.

AntMurda

If there will be a Mario Wii U game at E3 I think it's more likely to be the next EAD Tokyo game, rather than another NSMB, since we know that to be coming out for the 3DS. So I think it'd be great to get at least a glimpse of what EAD Tokyo is making as the successor to the Galaxy games.

The most circumstantial evidence is that New Super Mario Bros. Mii is the Wii U game. For all we know that 3DS game is a different game or maybe a connecting game.

Btw, I think Wii Music still has the potential to succeed, I think the controller lends itself far better to music than the Wii remote, tbh.

Why not just let Jam with the Band and Rhythm Heaven take the spotlight. Wii Music is far inferior.

HylianTom

Banned

It has been 2 years since the last Galaxy game was released. And there were about three years between Galaxy games releases, so.. we may be closer than many think to more 3D Mario greatness. :)

...only she is there if I start Civilization with England...and its 4000 BC...

:))
She is - by far - one of my favorite opponents in Civ V. So goooood.. and scary on an ocean-heavy map!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why not just let Jam with the Band and Rhythm Heaven take the spotlight. Wii Music is far inferior.

They're all different. RH is purely a rhythm game. Jam with the Band does have music creation but you need to know how to write music before hand to really get the most out of it. Wii Music allows you to play along with music in anyway you like to compose music. What it needs to a refinement option so you can make adjustment without having to play a part all over again.

AntMurda

It has been 2 years since the last Galaxy game was released. And there were about three years between Galaxy games releases, so.. we may be closer than many think to more 3D Mario greatness. :)

Super Mario 3D Land was just released in November. An HD Mario Galaxy will also take more resources than the Wii games. New Super Mario Bros. is the next game due. There is no question about that. Whether it is for Wii U, 3DS, or both is the question.

Rhod

It's not *inferior*, it's very different.

The first two are robotic response games, wonderful and rewarding but where your skill comes from pattern recognition, and the relationship between that set pattern and the music. (Please don't mistake this for criticism, Band Brothers and Rhythm Heaven GBA are two of my favourite games).

Wii Music is a jazz performance simulator where the skill is in creating your own version, and the reward is not from a score or a medal but from the player's own satisfaction at their achievement. Somewhat like a time-attack means the player will re-start as soon as they are unhappy with their performance on a lap, so will a Wii Music addict repeat the same exact section of music until they have it sounding just as they like.

That's not inferior. It's just very very different and trying to put it in the same category as rhythm-action games surely creates a large amount of the misunderstanding.

DCKing

Super Mario 3D Land was just released in November. An HD Mario Galaxy will also take more resources than the Wii games.
That's probably why Nintendo EAD Tokyo 2 has made SMG2 and SM3DL. To free up Nintendo EAD Tokyo 1 to make Super Mario HD after they finished Super Mario Galaxy.

lednerg

The dots connect themselves. Mario, Music, TV...

Super Mario MegaStar Maestro

You move forward by humming into the microphone and jump by making beatbox noises. The more contrived and boring the songs are, the better your radio exposure. The end of the game takes place at Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew.

radcliff

Galazy 1 was made by EAD Tokyo Group 1 in 2007. They have not developed anything on their own since (although they did collaborate with GREZZO on OOT 3D). Galaxy 2 was done by EAD Tokyo Group 2. Since then they have developed Super Mario 3D Land. I would think if a Mario is shown for Wii U at E3, it would be from EAD Tokyo Group 1, with the 2D 3DS game by EAD Group 4 (the NSMB group).

Super Mario 3D Land was just released in November. An HD Mario Galaxy will also take more resources than the Wii games. New Super Mario Bros. is the next game due. There is no question about that. Whether it is for Wii U, 3DS, or both is the question.

A Mario Galaxy HD game won't take more time.

Nintendo makes all it's assets above HD quality. It actually downsizes them to the resolution it needs.

There will be no extra effort, maybe even less to make an HD game for Nintendo because of how they develop.

Why do you think the Wii emulator, Dolphin can push out such hi res quality renders? Those assets already exist on the disc!!

darthdago

She is - by far - one of my favorite opponents in Civ V. So goooood.. and scary on an ocean-heavy map!

true...

ahhh, I will start a new civ game later if I'm back home...

Antioch

The most circumstantial evidence is that New Super Mario Bros. Mii is the Wii U game. For all we know that 3DS game is a different game or maybe a connecting game.

I personally don't think NSMB Mii was never more than the demo we saw, nor intended to be more, I doubt Nintendo would release two 2D Marios so close together.

And I think Nintendo would still want to do something with Wii Music because of the much larger brand recognition of the 'Wii' line of games as opposed to Jam with the Band or Rhythm Heaven. In terms of quality I think we can all agree Wii Music wasn't anything noteworthy, but like I said I think the Upad would lend itself to a music game like that far more anyway.

I really hope so, but let's not forget that 3D Land just came out some months ago, and though that didn't take all of EAD Tokyo's resources as far as I know, it didn't leave me too optimistic about seeing a Wii U 3D Mario too soon. But I think considering how much Nintendo has talked about improving the quality and consistency of their line-up for Wii U, I think we might get an early trailer at E3, with a release Holiday 2013. Miyamoto saying they would show a Wii U Mario just makes this more likely I think. Like I said I really doubt it's another NSMB.

Gravijah

Nintendo makes all it's assets above HD quality. It actually downsizes them to the resolution it needs.

There will be no extra effort, maybe even less to make an HD game for Nintendo because of how they develop.

Why do you think the Wii emulator, Dolphin can push out such hi res quality renders? Those assets already exist on the disc!!

they have to program in hd though and that takes a lot of money and time to program in hd

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
- Nintendo will show a new Super Mario game for the Wii U in the E3. Combining the TV screen with the tablet sreen

Uh oh! Somebody hide this from AceBandage!

I kid, I kid. There's a good chance it wouldn't be a launch game, anyway.

A new 3D Mario continuation of the Galaxy series to show off the graphical capabilities will be absolutely amazing.

darthdago

I dont think so.
I for sure think that they will have some extra work. - they will put more details and effects e.g.

HylianTom

Banned

That's what I thought. Which means that if Group 1 has had close to five years to make a Galaxy game.. hmm..

true...

ahhh, I will start a new civ game later if I'm back home...
Now I'm thinking that I might have to do one of my 14-hour overnight marathon games once this move is over and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom