• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Quest rogue is hilarious to play

This warrior used 2 brawls overall and primordial drake + sleep with the fishes on back to back turns to clear my board 4 times and I still eeked out a win :p

Blizzard

Banned
I lost like crazy with pirate warrior tonight, all the way back to rank 15. I guess I need to farm dust until I can buy the epics and such I'm missing, and/or learn the proper mulligans. As far as I know it should be an easy deck that wins a lot. :p

In the meantime, I tossed in 2 copies of Explore Un'goro. I've rarely if ever won with it, but it leads to some fun and very unique games with the random cards you get to choose from.

KuroNeeko

I lost like crazy with pirate warrior tonight, all the way back to rank 15. I guess I need to farm dust until I can buy the epics and such I'm missing, and/or learn the proper mulligans. As far as I know it should be an easy deck that wins a lot. :p

In the meantime, I tossed in 2 copies of Explore Un'goro. I've rarely if ever won with it, but it leads to some fun and very unique games with the random cards you get to choose from.

I'm not sure you can still call it "Pirate Warrior" if you have two copies of Explore Un'goro in there. ; )

Sounds like a fun card to play though!

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure you can still call it "Pirate Warrior" if you have two copies of Explore Un'goro in there. ; )

Sounds like a fun card to play though!
I mean I put it in after I gave up on winning with pirate warrior for tonight. :p

I eventually won 1 game with it, but it was only about 1 out of 10 with pirate warrior + explore un'goro. I got some amusing cards.

Lyng

Is it just me or is Hunter trash tier again.

ah no I just draw trash when I play it, but when I play against it they get all the silly random things to their advantage....this game man

Lyng

it seems that hunter is living off quest rogue now even though pirate warrior seems like a much better option.
Hunter curve is way too fucking high for an aggro deck.

Yeah pretty much what I feel. And if the quest rogue has half a brain he can easily win the game. They simply end the game faster then a hunter can.

Zakalwe

Banned
I hit rank 5 again for the first time in ages. I got to 6 ***** with a winstrek, then an aggro Paladin slapped me back down. Won the next two games. First against a Rogue who managed to shadows step a Tidehunter twice amongst other plays that filled his board, but I pulled all the right removal and read one of his feints which won me the game. Second was a Hunter who gave up after turn 5.

I forgot to record two games (the three mentioned above plus two more), but they were 4 wins 1 loss so I think that makes it 62.8% as a WR so that's pretty much spot on anyway. I had some dumb losses around rank 7 and went on a bit of a losing streak, I should have logged when I felt it and tried later. I reckon I could have kept this above 70% if I'd been a bit more focused.

Using Taunt Warrior exclusively. I switched the cards around a lot, Rats for Smiths, etc...

Going to stick with a it a while more and see how things are above 5. I only have the cards to make Taunt Warrior, Pirate Warrior, and Elemental Shaman, so hopefully I'll be fine (I know PW just listed as top tier still so I'm not worried. Here comes the grind...).

So far from 10:

34 wins
21 losses

Recorded stats:

EtwtzAS.jpg

NfpBiek.jpg

wiibomb

oh boy!!! these freeze mages are triggering me!!!

They are pretty common at my rank... I end up with a board of very bulky elementals and NOPE, frost nova! NOPE, Blizzard!! NOPE, primordial glyph into another frost nova!

and then I get burned to death

hahahaha..
I just laugh to not cry

scarlet

They are pretty common at my rank... I end up with a board of very bulky elementals and NOPE, frost nova! NOPE, Blizzard!! NOPE, primordial glyph into another frost nova!

hahahaha..
I just laugh to not cry

Same. I blame glyph for this.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

hahahaha..
I just laugh to not cry

Part of the problem is burn mages can play pretty similarly so that stacks on the freeze mages to make them feel more common.

Lyng

hahahaha..
I just laugh to not cry

What deck are you playing?

wiibomb

Part of the problem is burn mages can play pretty similarly so that stacks on the freeze mages to make them feel more common.

the problem I'm seeing right now is frost nova. There is little hope in having a huge board if you can do a 3 mana frost all enemy minions chained to some burn spells like fireball, then the next turn I get more burn with more fireballs, frostbolts and pyroblasts.

the only mass freeze spell should be blizzard because of its high cost, frost nova is way too efficient for these combos. the others should be single target freezes

What deck are you playing?

elemental paladin.

I think my other problem is that I have 0 healing on this deck. may be I should add rag lightlord

Zakalwe

Banned
the problem I'm seeing right now is frost nova. There is little hope in having a huge board if you can do a 3 mana frost all enemy minions chained to some burn spells like fireball, then the next turn I get more burn with more fireballs, frostbolts and pyroblasts.

the only mass freeze spell should be blizzard because of its high cost, frost nova is way too efficient for these combos. the others should be single target freezes

elemental paladin.

I think my other problem is that I have 0 healing on this deck. may be I should add rag lightlord

Take away FN and the artcheptype won't work anymore.

Not saying it's not annoying to play against though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I went ahead and crafted Edwin, Tiron, and Lyra. I have enough dust left for 2 legendaries or 8 epics, or 1 and 4.

Thinking of just doing epics:
2x Murloc Warleader (in case I want to do any murloc deck ever)
2x Shadow Visions
2x Primordial Glyph

Then I'm not sure. Probably the second copy of preparation I never got so I can actually do this Rogue thing, maybe a dragonfire potion, I'm not sure. So many epics are important now, it's kind of a pain.

So I went ahead and crafted Edwin, Tiron, and Lyra. I have enough dust left for 2 legendaries or 8 epics, or 1 and 4.

Thinking of just doing epics:
2x Murloc Warleader (in case I want to do any murloc deck ever)
2x Shadow Visions
2x Primordial Glyph

Then I'm not sure. Probably the second copy of preparation I never got so I can actually do this Rogue thing, maybe a dragonfire potion, I'm not sure. So many epics are important now, it's kind of a pain.

Those epics are a good investment, murlocs can't be played without the leader and the glyph will be in most mage decks for two years.

Getting a Spikeridged Steed on a Ragnaros, Lightlord seems to always cause a "Your Opponent Left"

Everyone is like "...fuck, I am not dealing with that shit, peace out"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Those epics are a good investment, murlocs can't be played without the leader and the glyph will be in most mage decks for two years.

problem is I don't have ice block either

damn mage is expensive

like, you don't think about it because they don't generally run a ton of legendaries, but there are epics everywhere

ice block, primordial glyph, cabalist's tome, and pyroblast are all being run right now and they're all epics

My list of legendaries I want:
Deathwing
Pyros
Ozruk
Kalimos
Ragnaros, Lightlord
Tirion Fordring
Baron Geddon
Chillmaw
Confessor Paletress
Inkmaster Solia
Prophet Velen
Twin Emperors
Justicar Trueheart
Sunkeeper Tarim
Awaken the Makers
Nexus-Champion Sarad
Raza the Chained
White Eyes
Sherazin
Edwin
Xaril
Fire Plume's Heart
Lakkari Sacrifice

At 1600 dust each, that's 36,800 dust. Only about 2 years of grinding to get to try all the decks that interest me after putting about $200 into the game.

I have about 4800 dust right now, so I could craft 3, but I can't decide on which ones I want. :-/

Edit: Also, Cairn. I still don't know why C'Thun Warrior went out of style.

TankUP

You've got a few real stinkers in your list, so I think you can pare it down a bit. There's a also a few that are only used in win-more situations or meme-decks, so while they might be fun I would also put them down the list on which ones you want first.

Zakalwe

Banned

I have about 4800 dust right now, so I could craft 3, but I can't decide on which ones I want. :-/

Which decks do you want to play? It's probably much better to spend the dust constructing 1-2 decks than just buying random legendarily to fill your personal catch em all quota.

scarlet

Ozruk?

And some of those are no longer in standard. Unless you're playing wild.

It depends on what class are you playing, what kind of deck midrange, aggro, control?

TankUP

Deathwing
Pyros
Ozruk
Kalimos
Ragnaros, Lightlord
Tirion Fordring
Baron Geddon
Chillmaw
Confessor Paletress
Inkmaster Solia
Prophet Velen
Twin Emperors
Justicar Trueheart
Sunkeeper Tarim
Awaken the Makers
Nexus-Champion Sarad
Raza the Chained
White Eyes
Sherazin
Edwin
Xaril
Fire Plume's Heart

Lakkari Sacrifice
Cairne

I bolded the ones I would prioritize, either based on the strength or fun factor of the deck they belong to or their lasting influence on the meta.

Ozruk and Lakkari you should not consider at all.

You've got a few real stinkers in your list, so I think you can pare it down a bit. There's a also a few that are only used in win-more situations or meme-decks, so while they might be fun I would also put them down the list on which ones you want first.
Like what?

Which decks do you want to play? It's probably much better to spend the dust constructing 1-2 decks than just buying random legendarily to fill your personal catch em all quota.
I want to play:
C'Thun Warrior
Reno N'Zoth Quest Shadowpriest (this deck is sick)
Squire Paladin
Crusher Shaman
Miracle Rogue
Elemental Shaman/Mage

Lakkari Sacrifice and Fire Plume's Heart are just cards I want to experiment with. I want to try a N'Zoth Quest Warrior where you use Deathlords and Sludge Belchers and make copies with Blood Warrior to complete the quest. It's just a weird idea that might not work out. Lakkari Sacrifice is crap but I keep coming back to it.

Completing C'Thun Warrior means I need:
2x Shield Slam
2x Brawl
Twin Emperors
2x of the C''Thun taunt.

Completing Reno N'Zoth Quest Shadowpriest means I need:
Awaken the Makers
Raza the Unchained
Dragonfire Potion

Completing Miracle Rogue means I need:
Edwin
Sherazin

Completing Squire Paladin means I need:
2x Quartermaster
Tirion
Talim
Lightlord

Elemental Shaman/Mage just need their respective legendaries and Ozruk.

Crusher Shaman needs:
Cairne
1x Elemental Destruction
2x Farsight
White Eyes

Ozruk?

And some of those are no longer in standard. Unless you're playing wild.

It depends on what class are you playing, what kind of deck midrange, aggro, control?
I only play Wild, and I play a variety of deck types.

I bolded the ones I would prioritize, either based on the strength or fun factor of the deck they belong to or their lasting influence on the meta.

Ozruk and Lakkari you should not consider at all.
Is Ozruk really that bad in Elemental Shaman/Mage?

C'thun will rise again. I feel it. I feel like druid can still run him

The only legendary I want is Alexstraza. I have had to craft most of the legendaries I got.

wiibomb

it is really bad...

in a world with many hard removals like hex, polymorph, execute, etc etc etc (mulch in wild) that card is really bad, the condition requires to at least get to play 3 elementals on the last turn to make it worth which could lead to eventual misplays since the elemental synergy just doesn't end on ozruk and even a firefly could be needed for synergy on later turns after ozruk.

besides all that, ozruk has only 5 attack, which is really mediocre to deal with late game threats without receiving 2 hits from a huge thing and just kill it

Zakalwe

Banned
Like what?

I want to play:
C'Thun Warrior
Reno N'Zoth Quest Shadowpriest (this deck is sick)
Squire Paladin
Crusher Shaman
Miracle Rogue
Elemental Shaman/Mage

Lakkari Sacrifice and Fire Plume's Heart are just cards I want to experiment with. I want to try a N'Zoth Quest Warrior where you use Deathlords and Sludge Belchers and make copies with Blood Warrior to complete the quest. It's just a weird idea that might not work out. Lakkari Sacrifice is crap but I keep coming back to it.

Completing C'Thun Warrior means I need:
2x Shield Slam
2x Brawl
Twin Emperors
2x of the C''Thun taunt.

Completing Reno N'Zoth Quest Shadowpriest means I need:
Awaken the Makers
Raza the Unchained
Dragonfire Potion

Completing Miracle Rogue means I need:
Edwin
Sherazin

Completing Squire Paladin means I need:
2x Quartermaster
Tirion
Talim
Lightlord

Elemental Shaman/Mage just need their respective legendaries and Ozruk.

Crusher Shaman needs:
Cairne
1x Elemental Destruction
2x Farsight
White Eyes

I only play Wild, and I play a variety of deck types.

Well, the Warrior cards will be required for when you experiment with FPH. There's a variant with two shield slams, and all variants run 1-2 Brawls. Plus you can afford the C'thun deck.

Orzuk doesn't look too hot, I don't have him but I imagine you'd see him removed quite often before he can make use of all that health. Plus he's a shit 5/5 for 9 if you miss the Ele link.

By comparison, Kalimos has a Battlecry that can swing/win a game, and he's a 7/7 for 8 which is nowhere near as bad.

Ele Shaman only really needs Blazecaller x 2 and Kalimos. You can add Bloodmage, or a Stone Sentinel or two, but it's a pretty cheap deck overall. Not sure on Wild variants as I play Standard only.

You could do some good with that dust for sure.

Ozruk is bad because on turn 8 you would probably play blazecaller or Kalimos.

9 Mana 5/10 isn't great

Good point.

To make him worth it you really need to proc his ability twice. Two Elemental cards on turn 8 isn't that bad when you have Fire Fly and so many low cost Elemental minions, but you will run into times where you can only get 1 or even none. And then you consider how much removal there is saved for late game.... it's just not worth it

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not to jump to conclusions, but from what I'm seeing on the ladder there is a mass exodus away from Rogue. Druid was slept on for way too long and people are finally bringing the token decks forward. Big surge in murloc based decks too, though that is not surprising to anyone.

Deathwing
Pyros
Ozruk
Kalimos
Ragnaros, Lightlord
Tirion Fordring
Baron Geddon
Chillmaw
Confessor Paletress
Inkmaster Solia
Prophet Velen
Twin Emperors
Justicar Trueheart
Sunkeeper Tarim
Awaken the Makers
Nexus-Champion Sarad
Raza the Chained
White Eyes
Sherazin
Edwin
Xaril
Fire Plume's Heart
Lakkari Sacrifice

At 1600 dust each, that's 36,800 dust. Only about 2 years of grinding to get to try all the decks that interest me after putting about $200 into the game.

Looking at your list and realizing I have 23/24 of those and 13 of them golden makes me never want to actually calculate how much money I've wasted on this game.

Replacement for Leeroy in Pirate Warrior?

Reckless Rocketeer, most of the time you're using Leeroy to finish off your opponent so Argent Commander doing one less damage is pretty significant.

Dahbomb

Deathwing
Pyros
Ozruk
Kalimos
Ragnaros, Lightlord
Tirion Fordring
Baron Geddon
Chillmaw
Confessor Paletress
Inkmaster Solia
Prophet Velen
Twin Emperors
Justicar Trueheart
Sunkeeper Tarim
Awaken the Makers
Nexus-Champion Sarad
Raza the Chained
White Eyes
Sherazin
Edwin
Xaril
Fire Plume's Heart
Lakkari Sacrifice

Delete Ozruk from your list asap.

Confessor Paletress sucks too.

IMO craft money is best spent on completing Classic set Legendaries first. Cairne, Edwin and Geddon would take priority over all.

Zakalwe

Banned
IMO craft money is best spent on completing Classic set Legendaries first. Cairne, Edwin and Geddon would take priority over all.

Not unless there are decks you want to use them with now...

Very little point just crafting legendaries because of an arbitrary rule, surely it's better to think which would help you build the decks you actually want to play first?

Dahbomb

Not unless there are decks you want to use them with now...

Very little point just crafting legendaries because of an arbitrary rule, surely it's better to think which would help you build the decks you actually want to play first?
If you are playing the game long term then yes crafting classic Legendaries makes sense.

I always pushed back crafting Deathwing, Malygos, Edwin and Cairne which always ended up biting me in the ass. As soon as I crafted them it felt good. I am secure for the foreseeable future when it comes to classic so I can focus on just getting new expansion cards.

I currently have Deathwing in my Control Warrior deck and it has served me well. I am too cheap to craft a second Primordial Drake.

I think I have every classic card in the game except a couple of terrible Legendaries like Millhouse.

Grief.exe

argent commander? reckless rocketeer?

there are very few since that card is extremely efficient for a finisher and none of them will perform the same

Reckless Rocketeer, most of the time you're using Leeroy to finish off your opponent so Argent Commander doing one less damage is pretty significant.

I'm just running out of dust and want to craft some cheap decks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do technically have enough dust for Leeroy, and it would be a solid investment.

wiibomb

If you are playing the game long term then yes crafting classic Legendaries makes sense.

I always pushed back crafting Deathwing, Malygos, Edwin and Cairne which always ended up biting me in the ass. As soon as I crafted them it felt good. I am secure for the foreseeable future when it comes to classic so I can focus on just getting new expansion cards.

I currently have Deathwing in my Control Warrior deck and it has served me well. I am too cheap to craft a second Primordial Drake.

I think I have every classic card in the game except a couple of terrible Legendaries like Millhouse.

in my experience both are working amazingly, curator pulls one, the other eventually comes to save my ass a second time.

I still don't have leeroy, deathwing, malygos or cairne, I really want them, but man I'm so cheap I don't craft those... that isn't even counting antonidas and grommash... man I'm behind on classic legs

I opened one tinkmaster last time I opened classic pack on ungoro launch

Zakalwe

Banned

Wait, you mean in the list of legendaries you want to craft for the new decks you want to try, Neutral ones should come first, right? And not "always craft neutral legendaries first even if that means they're sitting in your collection until the right deck appears".

The former makes sense, latter doesn't, to me at least.

Top Bottom