• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 12/06/07 - Bowling, Wild Arms PS1, GTA4 trailer, MGS4 TGS trailer, themes

tanod

when is my burrito
store1206.jpg

Thank you to Goldrusher and Reminder for their help in posting lists for the foreign stores and Chubigans for the custom banner.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

-The Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo on the Japanese Store is GONE.
-GT5: Prologue comes out on the Japanese PS Store next week for 4500 (??) yen.
-The Burnout: Paradise demo comes out next week.
-Resistance Map Pack 2 has been integrated into match making.

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-High Velocity Bowling - $9.99
-Wild Arms (PS1) - $5.99
-Timeshift multiplayer demo

DLC:
-Folklore - Ellen Pack 1 - $3.99 (includes 4 new quests unique to this pack, new costume for Ellen and a new Folk)
-Folklore - Keats Pack 1 - $3.99 (includes 4 new quests unique to this pack, new costume for Keats and a new Folk)
-Folklore - Bundle of Pack 1 + 2 - $5.99
-MotorStorm - Vehicle - $0.99 (Falfer Domino)
-PAIN - Character Skin - Santa - $0.99
-PAIN - Character Skin - Cookie - $0.99

Rock Band:
Song Packs - $5.49 each:
-Black Sabbath Pack 1

Individual Songs - $1.99 each:
Black Sabbath:
-N.I.B.
-Sweet Leaf
-War Pigs

Trailers:
-Battlefield: Bad Company - "Frostbite"
-GTA IV - Trailer 3 - "Move Up, ladies"
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots – "TGS 2007 Trailer"
-TimeShift - "FPS Video 3"
-Turok - "Interview"
-Uncharted - "Environments"

Other:
-Ratchet & Clank Future theme
-Uncharted theme

United Kingdom:

Games/Demos:
-Cain & Linch demo

DLC:
-Folklore - The Origin of Belgae Mission Pack - €1,99 (4 missions, 1 folk & 1 Ellen costume)
-MotorStorm - Vehicle Pack - €2.49 (Domino & Adventure)

Trailers:
-Blazing Angels - "Multiplayer"
-Metal Gear Solid 4 - "E3 2007 Trailer"

Other:
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Lemmings theme
-Mesmerize theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme
-Tori Emaki theme
-Xbox 360 Dashboard theme :p

Japan

Games/Demos:
-PixelJunk Monsters - 900 yen

Trailers:
-Disgaea 3

Other:
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)
-Pixeljunk Monsters theme

COMING BEFORE THE SUMMER DROUGHT OF 2008:

Demos:
-Burnout Paradise - December 13th
-Devil May Cry 4 - January
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - December

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research (missed November date)
-High Velocity Bowling (no date)
-PAIN (no date)
-Piyotama (December)
-Riff: Everyday Shooter (December)
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (no date)
December
-Dark Mist
-Elefunk
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - JPN
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Distort
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Trace
-PS Eye - Tori Emaki
-PS Eye - Trials of Topoq
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Skydiving
-Snake Ball
-Toy Home
January
-PixelJunk Monsters
-Wipeout HD
February
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - NA/Europe
Other early 2008 games
-Commando 3
-Echo Chrome
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Hyper-Fighting, etc.

GAMES YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Cain & Linch demo
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Lemmings theme
-Mesmerize theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme
-Tori Emaki theme

JAPAN:
-No Hot Shots 5 demo any more
-No Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo any more
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)
-Pixeljunk Monsters theme

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 11/29/07 (PAIN game; Oblivion: Shivering Isles expansion; GH3 and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/22/07 (Aquatopia and Operation: CF PS Eye games; MX vs. ATV demo; flOw, NFS: ProStreet and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/15/07 (Blazing Angels 2 and Toy Home demos)
PSN Content 11/08/07 (Uncharted and College Hoops 2K8 demos; GH3 and MotorStorm DLC; FIFA and Motorstorm in-game patches)
PSN Content 11/01/07 (TimeShift & NFS:pS demos; Godfather DLC; Twisted Metal 2 for PS1)
PSN Content 10/25/07 (Ninja Gaiden and Piyotama DLC, Spyro for PS1)
PSN Content 10/18/07 (Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Folklore and Juiced 2 demos)
PSN Content 10/11/07 (Everyday Shooter game; Ratchet & Clank Future, Conan, and NHL 2K8 demos)
PSN Content 10/04/07 (Go Sports Ski game; Simpsons & Bladestorm demos, Last set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/27/07 (Jericho and NBA 2K8 demos; NG: Sigma and MotorStorm DLC, 2nd set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/20/07 (LocoRoco PS3; NBA 08, Sega Rally Revo, Skate, Stuntman: Ignition demos, 1st set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/13/07 (PixelJunk Racer, Poker; Tony Hawk, NHL, FIFA, PixelJunk Racer and Harry Potter demos)
PSN Content 09/06/07 (Stranglehold & NBA Live demos, Motorstorm & NG Sigma DLC, HS preview - part 5 of 5)

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

OTHER REFERENCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.
-Help on creating a Japan Store account. Alternative guide here.
-A link to NCSX Importers to purchase a 3,000 yen PSN Card. - $36.50

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Setting some expectations for my listing of PSP Store content. I will only post the PSP list after it gets posted on the PS blog. I'm not going to track content outside of the U.S. nor am I going to track upcoming releases. It's simply way beyond what I have time for. If somebody else wants to start keeping track of that, feel free.

The last update was on November 22nd, the launch of the store.

Games:
-Beats - $4.99
-Wild Arms (PS1) - $5.99

PSP Trailers:
-GTA IV - Trailer 2
-Heaven Sword - Anime 1
-Heaven Sword - Anime 2
-Heaven Sword - Anime 3
-Heaven Sword - Anime 4
-Heaven Sword - Anime 5
-Ratchet & Clank Future - Trailer 1
-SOCOM FTB
-Uncharted

PSP Wallpaper:
-LocoRoco Holiday
-Ratchet & Clank Size Matters (2 of them)

Vashu

As stated in the other thread:

PixelJunk Monsters is on the Japanese Store, along with a cool new theme to download.
The cat thing, don't know the name, has two new themes.

I'm checking the rest.

Edit1: PJM is 900 Yen, and there's some MotorStorm stuff on too. Volume 4 of a pack for 200 Yen. I'm not good at Japanese yet. XD

I also see the dates now for the Cat themes... These are last weeks, my bad.

That's it so far..

tanod

when is my burrito
Elhandro said:
I really do not understand why we even bother with a PSN update thread.

Thanks OP

There's, on average, about 19,198 reasons to post what I do every week.

The reason why I even started doing this in the first place is because I was frustrated that nobody knew when anything was going up and nobody ever talked about what did so I never got good impressions on the demos and other things that went up without scouring GAF.

Code:
PSN Content 11/29/07 - 18,221 views
PSN Content 11/20/07 - 13,199 views
PSN Content 11/15/07 - 25,501 views 
PSN Content 11/08/07 - 21,190 views
PSN Content 11/01/07 - 17,878 views

For the record, the highest number of views the thread ever got was 33,000+ when Everyday Shooter came out.

nofi

tanod said:

The reason why I started doing this in the first place is because I was frustrated that nobody knew when anything was going up and nobody ever talked about what did so I never got good impressions onthe demos and other things that went up.

Ignore the haters, the weekly PSN thread is the best thing on GAF.

bryehn

Pretty slow week, as always, I'm hoping a game will show up, say bowling or Elephunk or, well anything really.

Will pick up the Folksoul pack even though I'm only on chapter 1 of each character so far. Got a little sidetracked with all the other holiday-ish releases.

dionysus

Yaldog
I'm out of the loop on these threads, what is supposed to be hidden in all the banners?

Edit. Looked at the older threads and figured it out.

Defuser

no crotch grabbing?You disappoint me chubigans!!!
dionysus said:
I'm out of the loop on these threads, what is supposed to be hidden in all the banners?
Just search for the past psn threads and find it out.

tanod

when is my burrito
dionysus said:

Check the banner on the week of 10-18. Work your way forward.

kbear

I check this thread every week. These updates are great. Please continue doing them and ignore the hater(s). What's "beats"?

Elhandro

tanod said:

The reason why I even started doing this in the first place is because I was frustrated that nobody knew when anything was going up and nobody ever talked about what did so I never got good impressions on the demos and other things that went up without scouring GAF.

Code:
PSN Content 11/29/07 - 18,221 views
PSN Content 11/20/07 - 13,199 views
PSN Content 11/15/07 - 25,501 views 
PSN Content 11/08/07 - 21,190 views
PSN Content 11/01/07 - 17,878 views

For the record, the highest number of views the thread ever got was 33,000+ when Everyday Shooter came out.

I just think it would be more useful if there was something to talk about, Like maybe something significant.....but thats just my opinion. Honestly if it wasnt for this thread I wouldnt know what the hell they were doing week to week. But inspite of your best efforts their really isn't much to talk about. Its the end of the year, the biggest shopping season and the content from week to week is horrible. For me, this thread is a constant reminder of wasted potential.

And I should not kill the messenger, but I just felt like it really needed to be said.

tanod

when is my burrito
Elhandro said:
I just think it would be more useful if there was something to talk about, Like maybe something significant.....but thats just my opinion.

It's all about taste. Every week isn't going to have something for everybody and we don't even know every thing that's going up yet.

Also, believe it or not, if there was a LIVE Marketplace thread, it wouldn't be all that different looking.

Elhandro

tanod said:
It's all about taste. Every week isn't going to have something for everybody and we don't even know every thing that's going up yet.

Also, believe it or not, if there was a LIVE Marketplace thread, it wouldn't be all that different looking.

Your are def right. And this is why there is no Live MarketPlace thread. We have two threads (Arcade and demo), and they are only bumped when something significant is released. Im not tryin to shit up your thread, you obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, and we all appreciate it. I just have a personal beef with the way sony has gone about PSN and I was hoping to get a good discussion out of the zealots.

tanod

when is my burrito
BenjaminBirdie said:
Unless it's what I pointed out behind the spoiler, I can't find it.

:(

In the left circle, instead of the regular Folk's head, you can see the wrestler's face. Very tiny. :)

nofi

Elhandro said:
Your are def right. And this is why there is no Live MarketPlace thread. We have two threads (Arcade and demo), and they are only bumped when something significant is released. Im not tryin to shit up your thread, you obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, and we all appreciate it. I just have a personal beef with the way sony has gone about PSN and I was hoping to get a good discussion out of the zealots.

Nice.

I don't get what you're on about. Sony release stuff every Thursday, so Tanod collects all that together so that everyone can discuss that day's releases.

If you have a problem with Sony doing that, there's a blog to complain on, littering this thread won't help you.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
tanod said:
In the left circle, instead of the regular Folk's head, you can see the wrestler's face. Very tiny. :)
You can also find Ric Flair in the bottom circle

Cardon

Elhandro said:

Stop being a party pooper and get over it.

Top Bottom