• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Game tease

Hiltz

Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) recently teased about doing a voice recording gig in Seattle for a new Mario title. He says that it's not for New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Mario Galaxy 2.

I hope it's not another Mario Party or Mario Sports title though.

Here's what he said on Twitter about it:

- Mama Mia!!!! I'm going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1

- Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it's going to rain....in San Francisco tomorrow!

- Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!

Hiltz said:
Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) recently teased about doing a voice recording gig in Seattle for a new Mario title. He says that it's not for New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Mario Galaxy 2.

I hope it's not another Mario Party or Mario Sports title though.

Here's what he said on Twitter about it:

- Mama Mia!!!! I'm going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1

- Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it's going to rain....in San Francisco tomorrow!

- Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!

Mario tennis motion plus please

wrowa said:
Charles Martinet uses Twitter? Seriously?

Shigeru Miyamoto's Twitter is hinting at something too. He mentioned Squareenix in it. I'm guessing the game is Super Mario RPG 2 with Geno returning.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I dunno why this made me laugh but damn :lol

SPM2 with voiceovers

Shiggy

wrowa said:
Charles Martinet uses Twitter? Seriously?

Seems so. The thing with the Weltkindertag for example is true. I wonder why someone would fake such messages. Who would look up all those dates?

I found some leaked screen shots from Twitter. It's New Super Mario World. Start speculating!

epicmario.png

Hiltz

I wonder if the game is going to be something like New Super Mario Bros. 2 or 3 for DS.

Nintendo would be crazy not to release a new one for the DS given how much the first game has sold.

Mario RPG 2 from Square Enix would be freaking sweet. :D

Anth0ny

Probably a Mario sports game or something... I can't imagine Nintendo is working on a Mario game other than NSMB and Galaxy 2 right now.

[Nintex]

Anth0ny said:
Probably a Mario sports game or something... I can't imagine Nintendo is working on a Mario game other than NSMB and Galaxy 2 right now.
Mario Prime

Maybe Mario Football to make up for EA's Madden Wii failure in the US?

Shiggy

Teddman said:
It's Mario Golf Wii actually.

About time they got one out...

This is it! The 33 people at Camelot are developing both Golden Sun DS and Mario Golf Wii. Aren't they also working on an Pokemon MMORPG for Wii as well as World of Zelda (another MMORPG)?

rezuth

Hiltz said:
I wonder if the game is going to be something like New Super Mario Bros. 2 or 3 for DS.
I would think they just reuse the sound they have from the first game. Don't see any benefits from recording new.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jump_button said:
So how long befor dev's start to ban staff from Twitter
Knowning Nintendo, I'm shoked the twitter account is still up now.

Also I wonder if this is anyway related to that secret game IGN saw or that Super Mario Collection trademark.

Hiltz

grandjedi6 said:
Knowning Nintendo, I'm shoked the twitter account is still up now.

Also I wonder if this is anyway related to that secret game IGN saw or that Super Mario Collection trademark.

Interesting. I forgot about IGN's comment on that new game they'll be getting to play from Nintendo.

Haunted said:
Mario Party 9!!

No!!!! For the love of God.

Mandoric

Banned
rezuth said:
I would think they just reuse the sound they have from the first game. Don't see any benefits from recording new.

Core market wonders why you're cheaping out, especially if there's a fanbase for the actors and they're paid per recording rather that royalties. A looooot of licenced Japanese stuff rerecords even basic reused lines.
It also helps keep consistency between near-simultaneous releases over the years as an actor's voice subtly changes. You could definitely make a new Mario game using only Martinet clips from SM64, but it'd sound really weird a few months later when they go back to the well for Mario Curling and need to rerecord for particular terminology. And of course, mixing new and old in a single game is right out.

Johnas

Gunloc said:
A new Paper Mario game would be the most favorable outcome for me.

I haven't played SPM, but was there any recorded dialogue in TTYD? I can't remember any, but I only played through it once, at release. Actually, I guess I do remember some various sound effects. Actually, after more thought, I guess Mario really doesn't speak much beyond that.

I'd love a new real Paper Mario game though.

Top Bottom