• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

We made sure to add him as the last media link :)

gEWY31g.gif
Just watched that video. He's got some serious patience, and good timing with those quick dodges.

Just watching Skyward with those Slapamanders was enough to annoy me. They gave me so much trouble during the TP, along with Mechanica's double hammers.

Greatest OT of all time

( no obscure little message)
(amazing gifs)
(awesome game)
(awesome info)

Everyone else making OTs please take note :p

I think I'm going digital with this one. Very small size and midnight release worldwide (right?). I'm also thinking about selling my physical copies (MK8, Zelda,etc) and buying the digital versions. I hate switching games, lol. Especially MP games.

Guys,

Buying it from the Japanese Eshop saves like 10 bucks over buying USD?
Eh..I guess I'll get my gold coins for my main account.

KodaRuss

$100 FOR ANOTHER JOY CON?

DAMNIT NINTENDO

I bought my first Nintendo Console in almost 20 years on Sunday and I have bought more accessories/controllers for my Switch than my last 20 years of gaming combined I think.

Now I am broke.

Glass Protector for Switch
Pro Controller
Yellow Joy-Cons
Switch Carrying Case
Joy-Con Charger
Joy-Con Grips x2
Another AC Adapter

Somebody tell me what that snake dude's gimmick is again?
When his arms are charged, he can ground dash until the charge wears off. This let's him go under punches and makes him the fastest character in the game by a pretty wide margin. He's pretty slow without the charge, but he does have the fastest jump movement even without it.

jobrro

Does anyone know when this goes live and what the options for preloading are?

It's live now in Japan. When I put in in my Amazon JP code before midnight it started downloading.

I assume it will go live whenever the first midnight across the time zones of your country is.

ryushe

Man, I'm still so on the fence about this one.

Edit: wait, it's cheaper on the Japanese eShop like how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was? Hmm...

So, what's everybody's plan for the early days? Straight into online play, or farming up some gloves? I know my intention is to clear Grand Prix 4 or higher with every character before I jump into Ranked, so I know I qualify with all of them, not unlike 3-starring all cups in Mario Kart and amassing unlocks along the way. I dread doing this with Helix, though, as his default set is so unorthodox and I didn't get a good handle on him in the Testpunch.

jobrro

Man, I'm still so on the fence about this one.

Edit: wait, it's cheaper on the Japanese eShop like how. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was? Hmm...

I think it's about 52USD if you buy code from Amazon. Co.jp.

You can also download and play right now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So was the sky arena showed in the tournament yesterday part of the first update because at the moment it's only for the singleplayer, right?

Ogodei

So wait, are the human arms fighters... human? Are they cyborgs, or do they just have their arms temporarily removed for the fights?

Barring Mechanica and Twintelle who seem to have their real arms.

Whaaaaaaat the helllll, I only seleccted difficulty 3 but my Ribbon Girl can't even beat Min Min in the 2nd fight!

I was able to beat lvl 5 Hedlok a number of times in the demo, I wasn't expecting this difficulty!

So wait, are the human arms fighters... human? Are they cyborgs, or do they just have their arms temporarily removed for the fights?

Barring Mechanica and Twintelle who seem to have their real arms.

They are human, but "woke up one day with extendable ARMS". Apparently "it's actually pretty rad".

Top Bottom