• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
After surviving another Steam sale, I tried a bunch of new games.

Long story short, my fiancee (a non-gamer) had a blast last night playing Overcooked co-op with me.
She laugh so hard, tears came out.

It was a great time!

Overcooked is a ton of fun! :D

Se_7_eN

50% off Pizza Hut pizzas this week!

great use of the money you didn't spend the last two weeks

I think I can do that... Thanks!
tumblr_n28yqljyeS1ql56ddo1_500.gif

kulapik

Have we been freed from the shackles of community or this was just misposted? (though the most probably option is that when the winter sale ends it will get moved back to community

Anno

Another seal come and gone. Now to vote for some GOTYs. Unlike last year this one seems like it could be kind of competitive at the top of the ticket.

Blu(e)

Happy New Year!

Ended up finding a game my friends and I would play. Thought you guys should get a copy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Don't Starve & Don't Starve Together -- MB-DD817C27B5971957 - Taken by Valxal. 11 entrants total.

t1483399428z1.png

Ready to see some GamePump and Humble Monthly later this week.

Sch1sm

Still in gaming, we might gotten away with it, play it cool guys, act natural.

lmfao.

To make up forgetting to post in the Winter Sale thread.

Some stuff I got and played during the sale was pretty good.

Brigador - Received as a gift. Has a look and a sound to it that just kinda fits what it is going for. Tough as nails isometric shooter at times but, pretty fun. Might be on my GOTY list or something.

Dust: An Elysian Tale - Received as a gift. A really really good "Metroidvania" that has this amazing hand drawn artstyle but, kinda gets shit for having anthropramorphic animals as the characters in it. I dunno I grew up with plenty of shit like that with platformers as a kid so it doesn't bug me I suppose. Either way that was a lot of fun. Wish the game didn't crash after the ending cutscene though for me lol.

Rot Gut - Bought like 30 minutes before the sale ended. A short but fun little action platformer. You play as a detective trying to solve this murder (although you just murder everyone yourself) that's pretty easy. Took me about 30 minutes to complete not bad for $1.69.

Free to play wise I tried Art of War: Red Tides, still in early access but the core gameplay is for sure lie, I was told it was an RTS but it's really a tower defense game with whoever produces more units the fastest wins as they move on their own to what they are supposed to kill. I think it's a mobile game port though not sure but clearly that platform is in mind.

There was also Brief Karate Foolish which is supposed to be a weird ass mugen game in vain of Dong Dong Never Dies but the game barely works and to get it into windowed mode you have to change properties on an .exe to run at 16 bit color and it did weird shit with my taskbar on windows...yeah I just stopped trying after awhile and uninstalled it.

Otherwise I am still playing Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator and Shadowverse daily.

What has everyone else been playing?

Intralism was my start of the sale. Don't really understand where KHB Soft was going with that game. Absolutely no sense of difficulty scaling. 2nd level was near trollish in comparison to the subsequent 4 to round off the game. Fun stuff, really good music to it. Spent levels 3-6 just casually jamming out, not gonna lie.

140 followed. Hellish experience. So well done mechanically, so retina damaging you question your sanity. Stage bosses seemed super hurtful but then, like, rhythm. Ya gotta have that rhythm.
I didn't have that rhythm because THE COLOURS H U R T.

Refunct was another. Like 30 minutes of my life, maybe should have waited for a bundle; was one I picked up in the Autumn Sale. Super zen, just a little world builder deal.

I went and replayed HexCells, that was still nice 'cause it's been a while now.

Paint it Back is what I'm currently running through. 8 hours in already. So much content for the price. It feels like it may just never end. I'm only 6 galleries in. Think there's a whiiiiiiiile left.

Everyone should play 140 just to experience it, even if you uninstall in like 10 minutes like iosefe. :lol:

Kvik

Since the OP lack some January releases, here's one: Tales of Berseria - Steam Store Page - January 27

The latest entry of the Tales series, not only it includes an improvement of the battle system introduced in Zestiria, but the Skit systems now includes cut-ins of the characters in various poses, depending on their dialogue. The story is set on the same world as Zestiria, with a female protagonist named Velvet Crowe. She was transformed into a Daemon and imprisoned because of the incident after her transformation. After breaking out of her prison, she wages war not only against Daemons, but also against the Order of the Abbey, and Artorius, whom sacrificed her younger brother before her imprisonment.

Accoun

What has everyone else been playing?

Wolfenstein: The New Order - not perfect (submarine section was boooooooring), but mostly enjoying it quite a lot. Also, found a "beniz" grafitti in the underground railroad, so there's that.

Sleeping Dogs - better than sum of its mechanics, none of which I find that good (as I've mentioned in that one thread, most fun would probably be the parkouring). Still, two of the sessions I've played were around 8 hours each, so I guess I'm having fun? I blame the HK atmosphere.

Rollercoaster Tycoon - mostly playing it while something else (like a podcast) plays in the background or when I'm not in the mood to fully commit, since I can tab out of it, do something else while the game goes on in the background and get back. Especially when I have a half decent park built already.

Starcraft - the original one. I'm terrible at it, but I've played a few missions and AI skirmishes (I'm such a scrub that I lose basically every single AI match, lol).

Also, for some reason I'm still following DansGaming on Twitch even if I basically don't watch him at all, so when I saw him playing Pharaoh, it made me want to play it too. So I'll probably install either it or Zeus soon. So I'll have yet another timewaster/'not playing for campaign' installed.

scitek

I'm trying to get into Dishonored 2 and Watch_Dogs 2, but I'm having a hard time sticking to both past the first hour. I don't know why!

maty

It's been a while since I posted in a steam thread.

Joined the gamepump train. Let's see where it takes us.

Happy New Year!!

Wok

Wait, Humble Monthly and GamePump are only coming to us... at the END OF THE WEEK BOYS!!!

Played Skyrim SE for over 400 hours but only beat it once. Coming up with new ways to kill shit is near endless fun. Gonna try my luck with Fallout 4 now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
gKSOZss.png

Voting is now open for the fourth annual NeoGAF Steam GOTY Awards. Voting is simple, just follow these steps:
  • Choose your top 5 favorite games that released on Steam in 2016. See below for official eligibility
  • Award your favorite game (#1 choice) 5 points, your next (#2 choice) 4 points, and so on.
  • (Optional) write a few sentances explaining why you think your top choice deserves to win
  • (Optional) decide on your three entries for the DLC of the Year award and Early Access GOTY award (see below)
  • Multiple votes for the same game on a single ballot will be disqualified. If you list the same game multiple times, the vote with the highest point value will be used and all other votes for that game will be discarded.
  • If you have any questions about a particular game's eligibility, ask in the Steam thread and we should be able to help you.
  • Modbot is not eligible to vote due to the fact that he is a bot.
  • PM everything to jshackles
Here is a sample entry you can copy/paste into your PM:
GOTY:
(5 Points) - Game 1
(4 Points) - Game 2
(3 Points) - Game 3
(2 Points) - Game 4
(1 Point) - Game 5

I think Game 1 should win GOTY because...

DLC:
(3 Points) - DLC 1
(2 Points) - DLC 2
(1 Point) - DLC 3

I think DLC 1 should win DLC of the Year because...

EA:
(3 Points) - EA Game 1
(2 Points) - EA Game 2
(1 Point) - EA Game 3

I think EA Game 1 should win Early Access GOTY because...
Voting will close on January 16th at 4:00PM PST
t1484611200z4.png

Here is the selection criteria for each category. If you choose a game that doesn't meet these guidelines, your vote for that game will be disqualified.

Bou5dkj.png

This award will be given to the best game released on Steam in 2016 as chosen by our community.

• Game must have have been fully released on Steam in 2016. Early Access games and DLC are not eligible in this category.
  • Re-releases, ports, and remasters are only eligible if the original source material was not previously available on Steam. For example, games such as Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster or Ty the Tasmanian Tiger are eligible because those games were not previously available on Steam. Skyrim Special Edition and Bioshock Remastered are not eligible because they are both remasters of existing Steam games.
  • Episodic games are only eligible if their final episode was released in 2016. For example, The Walking Dead: New Frontier is not eligible, because only the first two episodes released in 2016. However, King's Quest is eligible even though it came out in 2015 because it's final episode was released in 2016.

Ubr5rRZ.png

We are also soliciting optional nominations for our new category: "DLC of the Year". This award will be given to the best piece of DLC as chosen by our community.

• The DLC must have been released on Steam in 2016. It can be for any Steam game regardless of the year the game was released. It must have it's own store page on Steam.
  • Individual episodes of episodic games are not eligible. For example, individual episodes of Hitman are not eligible.
  • DLC for Free to Play games, such as Fishing Planet - Monster Night Pack are eligible.

OZdPEKq.png

This year we are recognizing outstanding Early Access games by soliciting optional nominations for "Early Access Game of the Year" with the following criteria:

• The game must have been released on Steam Early Access in 2016. If the game left Early Access before the end of 2016, it is not eligible in this category.
  • As this is the first year we're doing this award, all current Early Access games released before 2017 are eligible as long as they had at least one content update in 2016.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Vastag

I'm trying to get into Dishonored 2 and Watch_Dogs 2, but I'm having a hard time sticking to both past the first hour. I don't know why!

Is Watch_Dogs 2 any better than the first one? I found the first one incredibly tedious.

Kudo

Here's to better year, 2017 starts with full power.
Got 4K HDR TV coming and lots of games for each month, treat yourself to some good times.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In case my last post wasn't clear, time to send me a list of your favorite animu games from last year.

Also, time to get gamepumped

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Watch_Dogs 2 any better than the first one? I found the first one incredibly tedious.

I'd say it has much better characters, a more lively world, and while the non-lethal branch of the combat system is rather poor, the RC car and drone are fun to experiment with.

Wok

Here are 9 games, which are to be released this year, and which you could add to your wishlist:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom