• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch full GT.TV episode featuring Reggie and Donkey Kong Country

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze

Not sure if we need a new thread but here it is.

Summary: http://nintendoeverything.com/gt-tv-nintendo-power-live-blog/

Some key points:

- Reggie says Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros, Mario Kart will be in the top ten selling games across all platforms this generation
- Reggie is feeling good about Wii U’s software lineup next year
- He’s confident Nintendo has strong software Nintendo has already announced and in development
- Reggie says Nintendo is working on a lot more with Wii U NFC
- Reggie says Nintendo will be different by having a steady of pace of games for Wii U/3DS, marketing throughout the entire year
- Reggie teases something for VGX (December 7)

It's been a long time I stopped trusting Reggie. The guy is doing his job, but his job is just throwing PR stuff. I only trust what I see Reggie, so, show me the games.:)

z0m3le

Banned
Key things to take away:
  • Nintendo to have better marketing in 2014.
  • Nintendo is working on a NFC title.
  • Nintendo is going to fill their retail releases more evenly in 2014 between Wii U and 3DS.
  • Gametrailers thinks Wii U cost $350.

I didn't want to grab everything the OP says, just the lesser PR stuff. Also VGX Nintendo will be there "probably"

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Donkey Kong is looking great. It better that is not coming just next month after Mario, it would have been too soon.

It sounds like they have a good strategy, let's see how it would look at the end of these holidays.

At the beginning of the episode they said something along the lines of "We will be revealing Kong Pow." I was thinking who in the hell is Kong Pow? I totally thought it was the name of the fourth Kong.

Yanikun

Banned
Four things I really liked:
- They did in fact put the NFC chip inside the GamePad for a reason, and the game is currently in development. This is big because there's room there to create something unique to the Wii U and in particular something that sells. They need that kind of new stuff with strong sales potential.

- Since he promises there will be consistent releases and marketing for both Wii U and 3DS in 2014 without even being asked about that, it means Nintendo's fully aware that this is something that needs to be done and they screwed up badly this year.

- Reggie stating as fact that 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. will be in the top 10 highest-selling software of the generation. I expect that video to pop up again on Gaf in the next few years.

- Nintendo's going to VGX. About time.

Yanikun

Banned
It looked like Bill had been partying all night long before they shot the episode.

9rhk.png

Geoff is putting the heat on Reggie.

Geoff: "So is Nintendo Wii U going to be a number-one selling system in 2014?"

Reggie: "You know, I certainly hope so. And as I look at our software line-up, I'm feeling pretty good."

Geoff: "You think you're going to be able to pull ahead of Xbox AND PlayStation? It's going to happen next year, Reggie?"

Reggie: "You know, we're going to find out. But what I'm confident about is that we've got strong software that we've already announced, we've got other strong software in development, and in the end, if we execute with great software, we're going to drive the install base, we're going to create an environment for third-party publishers to jump in with their best content...that's what we're looking to do."

Geoff: "But you need to convince more third parties to make great playing games on the Wii U..."

Reggie: "You're going to help me do that, right?"

Reggie: "Look, in the end..."

Geoff: "It's your sales pitch! They're watching right now!"

Reggie: "...what motivates a third-party publisher is a large install-base, a diverse install base, and an opportunity to drive sales. So, it's Nintendo's responsibility to drive that install base, and that's what we're looking to do, with all of our best franchises."

That was a pretty awesome moment.

Geoff is putting the heat on Reggie.

Geoff: "So is Nintendo Wii U going to be a number-one selling system in 2014?"

Reggie: "You know, I certainly hope so. And as I look at our software line-up, I'm feeling pretty good."

Geoff: "You think you're going to be able to pull ahead of Xbox AND PlayStation? It's going to happen next year, Reggie?"

Reggie: "You know, we're going to find out. But what I'm confident about is that we've got strong software that we've already announced, we've got other strong software in development, and in the end, if we execute with great software, we're going to drive the install base, we're going to create an environment for third-party publishers to jump in with their best content...that's what we're looking to do."

Geoff: "But you need to convince more third parties to make great playing games on the Wii U..."

Reggie: "You're going to help me do that, right?"

Reggie: "Look, in the end..."

Geoff: "It's your sales pitch! They're watching right now!"

Reggie: "...what motivates a third-party publisher is a large install-base, a diverse install base, and an opportunity to drive sales. So, it's Nintendo's responsibility to drive that install base, and that's what we're looking to do, with all of our best franchises."

That was a pretty awesome moment.

The best part was when Geoff asked Reggie why they don't play games together anymore and then asked if it was due to "lack of software."

Qurupeke

- Reggie says Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros, Mario Kart will be in the top ten selling games across all platforms this generation
Bold prediction but it's not that far-fetched. Not sure for 3D World, but Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are pretty likely.
- Reggie is feeling good about Wii U’s software lineup next yea
r- He’s confident Nintendo has strong software Nintendo has already announced and in development
Hmm, the 2014 lineup is quite good till now. I can't wait for more surprises. Like Metroid...
- Reggie says Nintendo is working on a lot more with Wii U NFC
That's interesting. The first attempt was pretty bad. I mean Pokemon Rumble U, because the figures didn't come to Europe... Anyway, I really want to see what's next. The feature is great, they could do a lot with it.
- Reggie says Nintendo will be different by having a steady of pace of games for Wii U/3DS, marketing throughout the entire year
Just no droughts please...
- Reggie teases something for VGX (December 7)
Smash and/or Zelda.

Yanikun

Banned

They haven't shown that yet. Everything they've released so far has been colorful and upbeat. Time to introduce some diversity in terms of visuals, genre, tone, gameplay etc. I like that he brought up the diversity aspect, but I'm gonna need to see the receipts.

The best part was when Geoff asked Reggie why they don't play games together anymore and then asked if it was due to "lack of software."

Yeah, that part was amazing as well. Full quote:

Geoff: "You know, Reggie, over the years we've played a lot of games together, we kind of got out of that trend...I don't know what happened...no software for the platforms or something..."

I love that Geoff can playfully jab Reggie without being outright disrespectful...since he's always up there in Redmond, sitting on that high horse, a good poke is exactly what Reggie needs once in a while. :)

daakusedo

I don't know if I'm missing something but even in hd, the video quality is not that good.
I was able to see more details on those ign off screen videos from last month.

Top Bottom