• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK list Earthbound for Wii U.

Rich!

Might just be a download card.

yes, £44.99 for a SNES game.

We know Earthbound is coming on the VC. It won't cost that much, obviously. But why have they finally decided to release Earthbound this year? A remake/successor/mother 4 for the Wii U sounds...like it fits!

hooray, im jumping to conclusions and I love it.

That's horrible to play with our hearts.

I would pay that price to get a retail copy of Earthbound....and especially if it's a collection of all three mother games.

GameE

There is a difference between Amazon US and other Amazon sites, remember another Amazon site listed Kid Icarus for Wii U and that was bullshit

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
U6g0gCB.gif

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Developed by Retro collaboarting with Itoi.

*Trollface*

Hip Hop

can anybody feel me in on Earthbound? Why is so highly regarded?

Never got to play it, but will when the VC drops.

Tenck

We know Earthbound is coming on the VC. It won't cost that much, obviously. But why have they finally decided to release Earthbound this year? A remake/successor/mother 4 for the Wii U sounds...like it fits!

Except Itoi doesn't want to make another one. Not every game needs a successor.

XPE

They are not going to remake earth bound and release it in the UK, it’s will be a place holder and a misprice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CEUQ9Y0/

They listed (UK or US?) New Super Luigi U before it was announced has being available for retail, so...
They listed NSLU as a 3DS title instead of Wii U title.
There is a difference between Amazon US and other Amazon sites, remember another Amazon site listed Kid Icarus for Wii U and that was bullshit
This. People are getting their hopes too high up.

Although I will say Nintendo has been oddly marketing and hyping up Earthbound's VC release even having posters in japan anouncing its release.

sakipon

That's horrible to play with our hearts.

I would pay that price to get a retail copy of Earthbound....and especially if it's a collection of all three mother games.

This was my thought about the price. Throw all in - perhaps with some bonus material - and there you have a great package.

It makes you wonder since Nintendo finally caved on Earthbound SNES... They generally save "big" games like that before they launch a new one in the sequel.

I wouldn't get anyone's hopes too high though, amazon has been known to post things incorrectly in the past.

Kacho

Gold Member
I wouldn't put much stock in that, personally. It sure would be nice if that ended up being true.

Here's what I said back in January:

I am almost certain we will get an Earthbound game on the Wii U in some form. Be patient.

I'm thinking the VC release may be the best we get unless they're releasing it to help raise awareness for a brand new title.

Top Bottom