• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata PC performance thread

theultimo

Looks to have the same mgr refresh rate issue in fullscreen that i have (30hz indtead of 60)

16gb ddr4
1060 6gb
Win 10 14393

Borderless is fine with BG

Trickster

I'm getting transparent bars on the top and bottom of my screen during cutscenes. Anyone that knows if thats normal?

theultimo

Runs well enough, but I seem to be experiencing the same thing I did with Metal Gear Revengeance. The game seems to be skipping a frame or 2 every other second, causing stutter. Not all the time, but consistenly every 2 seconds or so. Seems like a timing issue. Small thing, but annoying as fuck.

Anyone else seeing this?

5820K@4.5GHz
Titan XP@2000Mhz
16GB RAM@2666Mhz
Windows 10
2880x1620 resolution
Check to see if you monitor is locked at 30hz, i have to run windowed to fix it, something with my tv edid.

Shari

FX4300
R9 290x
8GB

Can you run it says I'm good to go on both sides but I don't trust that.

That's not a toaster mate. The problem with this game is that its either hit or miss, there aren't many graphical options to play with and I don't think it would be a pleasant experience under 60 fps.

I'd say wait a little on more reports or buy on steam and refund if it doesn't work as you would expect.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They weren't kidding with the system requirements this time, it seems. My 660 is far below the 'minimum' spec of a 770, and it runs in the single digits, even with everything on low. If you've got an older GPU like me, you're probably going to want to stay away until you can manage to upgrade.

i5 4670k 3.4ghz
GTX 660 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit

ToKre

its the full screen btw , leave it in window mode and use the borderless gaming it works much better

anyone knows why my ps4 controller doesn't work with this game i thought steam supported it natively.

Just woke up. 3440x1440 support in? How is the 21:9 support?

Just about ready to pull the trigger and download but need to know this first.

Also, how is the framerate/pacing?

That's not a toaster mate. The problem with this game is that its either hit or miss, there aren't many graphical options to play with and I don't think it would be a pleasant experience under 60 fps.

I'd say wait a little on more reports or buy on steam and refund if it doesn't work as you would expect.

Yeah I'll wait a little bit. Don't wanna get my hopes up and have it run like ass.

Gbraga

They weren't kidding with the system requirements this time, it seems. My 660 is far below the 'minimum' spec of a 770, and it runs in the single digits, even with everything on low. If you've got an older GPU like me, you're probably going to want to stay away until you can manage to upgrade.

i5 4670k 3.4ghz
GTX 660 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit

Wow, single digits? That's worrying.

I need a new GPU :C

Spinky

I fixed the insane lag in the menus by going into the Nvidia Control Panel and forcing it to run on my 1060.

Fullscreen still on a lower resolution though, gonna try this Borderless thing.

EDIT: OK yeah, BG solved that too.

Grief.exe

its the full screen btw , leave it in window mode and use the borderless gaming it works much better

anyone knows why my ps4 controller doesn't work with this game i thought steam supported it natively.

I believe you have to set that up in Steam settings. I don't know if Platinum has to support that API , or whether that just works natively since I haven't used Steam for that yet.

Just woke up. 3440x1440 support in? How is the 21:9 support?

Just about ready to pull the trigger and download but need to know this first.

Also, how is the framerate/pacing?

21:9 confirmed. Need to use Borderless windowed though.

TrueHero

Getting some interesting performance.

I have a 980ti/ I7 4790k

The game looks somehow worse than when i played it on my ps4 pro? and the screen tearing is dreadful. Didn't expect this to be a great port but man, this kinda sucks :/

Edit: Durante save us

Parsnip

i5 4670k 3.4ghz
GTX 660 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit

What resolution were you running it on?

Duxxy3

The more and more I play PC games (at least modern ones) the more I wonder if fullscreen should even be an option. Borderless window seems to fix so many issues in so many games.

I fixed the insane lag in the menus by going into the Nvidia Control Panel and forcing it to run on my 1060.

Fullscreen still on a lower resolution though, gonna try this Borderless thing.

Oh, Optimus laptop issue. That tech seems to cause issues at times.

The more and more I play PC games (at least modern ones) the more I wonder if fullscreen should even be an option. Borderless window seems to fix so many issues in so many games.

Windowed mode is virtually unusable for most games that support SLI.

T-Rex.

Banned
2f6pHxK.png
Keeps crashing on my RX 480 8GB :/

I have the latest drivers installed as well.

No please! I have that card too :/

It says that "Big Picture must exit" so maybe try turning that off and/or disabling the Steam overlay?

C'mon GAF, let's see the high res screenshots. For science.

Nzyme32

That's an error with big picture mode, not the game. But it seems that the game crashing is what caused the issue. Perhaps disable the steam overlay and don't use BPM. See what happens. I expect the game will still crash, but at least you rule steam out. At that point I'd consider changing settings or looking for an ini if you can't get that far

ToKre

I believe you have to set that up in Steam settings. I don't know if Platinum has to support that API , or whether that just works natively since I haven't used Steam for that yet.

21:9 confirmed. Need to use Borderless windowed though.

thanks that worked i thought it was plug and play but it needed to be activited from the settings

-

windowed mode with borderless gaming is a must till they fix the issue with full screen.

The controller button mapping seems to have X and Y reversed.. at least for me.

I thought the controls were being unresponsive, but despite the in-game config saying X was light attack and Y was heavy attack, they were swapped.

Anyone else seeing this? I just remapped them in-game and it's working like it is supposed to. (that is, I told it I wanted light attack on Y and heavy on X and it is now working like I would expect)

For 1080p users that want to squeeze out more frames but enjoy the 21:9 aspect ratio, create a 1920x810 resolution in your GPU control panel. I do this in almost every game now.

Does anyone know if SweetFX/Reshade works?

Top Bottom