• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
-x.Red.x- said:
After seeing Scribblenauts got GOTS on IGN, I had to check it out...
and checked post #217...

WOW

I want to write DeLorean. :D

I'm kind of glad more and more people are still just learning about this game. :D

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Congrats to your team and you, Jackson! You deserve it.

New image, now with varia suit Samus.
2wof5lf.jpg

And this avatar is fro MetroidKiller:
a2qlc3.jpg

I hope you like it ;)
This looks ten times cooler and more original than anything Team Ninja cooked up. I hope the guys from the other thread don't read this. haha.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Congrats to your team and you, Jackson! You deserve it.

New image, now with varia suit Samus.
2wof5lf.jpg

And this avatar is fro MetroidKiller:
a2qlc3.jpg

I hope you like it ;)
If you could make Dr. Mario powered Kirby that would be great :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Pseudo_Sam said:
...But failing to grasp the rules.

I gotta post the rules again huh? Oh well, it's overdue anyways:

THE BOSS HIMSELF said:
So I'll restate the rules here...

Concrete Objects Only
No Proper Nouns
No Copyrighted Words
No Adjectives
E-E10 rated words only - this means No Vulgar/Offensive/Lewd/Drug/Alcohol related words

Other than that... it works

They've been kind enough to include MANY internet memes (longcat, LOL wut, NeoGAF also ), mythical creatures (Cthulhu, vampires, griffins etc.), and famous people (Einstein), but don't expect your obscure and frankly retarded meme, your mom's foreign cuisine, or every single videogaming character to be included.

Brannon

Pseudo_Sam said:
...But failing to grasp the rules.

But it's being released on a Nintendo system, and it's already generating more DS sales and insane word-of-mouth. Surely Nintendo and 5th Cell can have pleasant talks to allow some Nintendo characters to be in the game.

It'd be so meta-awesome.

If not Mario, the JUMPMAN! Oh yeah...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Brannon said:
But it's being released on a Nintendo system, and it's already generating more DS sales and insane word-of-mouth. Surely Nintendo and 5th Cell can have pleasant talks to allow some Nintendo characters to be in the game.

It'd be so meta-awesome.

If not Mario, the JUMPMAN! Oh yeah...
Licensing Nintendo characters is not that easy (nor that cheap) :p

evilromero said:
This looks ten times cooler and more original than anything Team Ninja cooked up. I hope the guys from the other thread don't read this. haha.

And ive drawn this, and I have to say I still prefer Sakamoto and Team Ninjas new Metroid. Sorry :D

You know what you have to do Jackson. Get on a talk show, and blow those orange jumpsuit-wearing mofos out of the water with something REALLY amazing.

tabsina

Congrats for the IGN win Jackson, and everyone at 5th Cell

Jackson said:
BTW - Later tonight (let's say around 6-7pm PST), I'm going to give GAF a little present in celebration of a great E3!

I think you guys will love it. :D

Awesome!

thaOwner

Really excited for this game and now I will be able to play it on my very "own" DS. I have a brand new DS on a bus I took today.

Cannot wait for this.

EDIT: Great image Jackson.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It took me a second to realize that picture is an illustration of post 217. :lol :lol :lol

xfactor

Banned
I am looking at the IGN comments regarding the best E3 award and some of 'em are pretty pissed that Scribblenauts win the overall E3 award :lol Seems they are dismissing the game because of its graphic and that its on a handheld. But there are many more comments saying that Scribblenauts totally deserves the award

i agree with it all except for scribblenauts for best overall (havent seen it in action) and dj hero for best music game (i dont need another damn peripheral, and a dj music game seems really gay.)
i agree with it all except for scribblenauts for best overall (havent seen it in action) and dj hero for best music game (i dont need another damn peripheral, and a dj music game seems really gay.)...
Posted by: theGLACIER46 on June 12, 2009 14:37 PDT

wtf ign this list is complete bs. uncharted 2, modern warfare 2 mass effect 2 and alan wake lost to scribblenauts! wtf!!!!!!!!
wtf ign this list is complete bs. uncharted 2, modern warfare 2 mass effect 2 and alan wake lost to scribblenauts! wtf!!!!!!!!...
Posted by: xra24680 on June 12, 2009 14:42 PDT

Whoever chose Scribblenauts as game of show has no brain. The game will absolutely not work the way people are percieving. These are pre-rendered words and concepts, not everything will work, and the idea will get so incredibly boring after one play through unless that game actually has a GAME element.
Posted by: vidgamer77 on June 12, 2009 13:59 PDT

Edit: Whoa, I love that picture! :D

drkOne

Jackson said:
http://5thcell.com/post217.png[IMG]

Present time! :D

I'll get some larger wallpaper sized ones up later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, I totally want that on wallpaper size.

Also, congrats on the E3 success!

bounchfx

AMAZING HOLY SHIT FAN SERVICE

insta buy x 10

except I'm going to be a complete ass and say that post 217 said dinosaur killing robot zombies, not robot dinosaur killing zombies, though.. I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH IS COOLER WAAAAAAAAAAAH

J-Rock

Banned
That artwork is great! Everything about this game is great! This is the greatest thread on Gaf!

Hey what's the artists name? I love the art style.

Jackson

J-Rock said:
Hey what's the artists name? I love the art style.

Edison Yan.

Check out his work in our other game releasing this Fall -- "Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter" (DS)

drawn-to-life-the-next-chapter-20090527004222955.jpg

Hand animated by Paul Robertson.

b.e.r.g

Woooooo! Time machines, rideable dinosaurs, robot zombies, all in one wallpaper! Thanks a bunch! \o/

EDIT: Btw, really need higher res. 1680x1050 would be lovely :D

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
*sigh* That time machine is completely different than the one shown in the game... Also, those are clearly regular zombies, NOT robot zombies. Do it over!!!

(Just kidding, I love the pic!)

Top Bottom