• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

17 better show off some cool shit

Yajirobe will show off his cool shit first. Literally, he'll take a dump in 17's icebox.

that new thread smell!

71097ygkg1.jpg

L Thammy

Actually, here's a question. Which tournament do you think has had the best lineup so far? And you can't say the Tournament of Power yet because it's cheating.

21st Tenkaichi Budokai
Krillin
Bacterian
Jackie Chun
Yamcha
Ranfan
Nam
Goku
Giran​

22nd Tenkaichi Budokai
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Jackie Chun
Man-wolf
Chiaotzu
Krilin
Goku
Pamput​

23rd Tenkaichi Budokai
Cyborg Taopaipai
Tenshinhan
Goku
Chichi
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Kami (as Shen)​

25th Tenkaichi Budokai Junior Division
Goten
Trunks
Idasu
Ikose
Kadopi
Koryuu
Mooki
Pyonatt​

25th Tenkaichi Budokai
Goku
Vegeta
Pintar
Krillin
Piccolo
Kaioshin
Spopovich
Yamu
Videl
Kibito
Gohan (as Great Saiyaman)
Mr. Satan
Android 18
Jewel
Killa
Mighty Mask​

28th Tenkaichi Budokai
Pan
Goku
Uub
Fat Buu
Nareg
Captain Chicken
Goten
Trunks
Otokusuki
Vegeta
Nok
Mr. Satan
Wild Tiger​

Universe 6 vs 7 Tournament
Goku
Piccolo
Vegeta
Fat Buu
Monaka
Botamo
Frost
Auta Magetta
Cabba
Hit​

(Basically ripped these from Wikia so blame them if I messed something up.)

Skeeter49

I remember being so excited for the 24th tournament my first time watching it, seeing Goku and Vegeta fight was going to be so hype, and that moment where Vegeta shows his number was so intense, then Gohan got some motivation when Videl got destroyed.
And then Buu saga had to ruin everything :(

L Thammy

I remember being so excited for the 24th tournament my first time watching it, seeing Goku and Vegeta fight was going to be so hype, and that moment where Vegeta shows his number was so intense, then Gohan got some motivation when Videl got destroyed.
And then Buu saga had to ruin everything :(

To be fair, we still got the Goku vs Vegeta fight, and I think some of the circumstances involved were pretty memorable.

Looking at it myself, I can't decide between 22nd, 23rd, and U6vU7. If you eliminate the characters that I'm apathetic to they're even...

Toad.T

Banned
Actually, here's a question. Which tournament do you think has had the best lineup so far? And you can't say the Tournament of Power yet because it's cheating.

27th Tenkaichi Budokai
Captain Chicken

Well that tournament has the greatest DB character in all exsistance, so it's fucking obvious.

22nd 100%. Tien styling on motherfers. Before toei decided he wasn't bishi enough to be a main character/Toriyama forgot he existed.

21st Tenkaichi Budokai
Krillin
Bacterian
Jackie Chun
Yamcha
Ranfan
Nam
Goku
Giran​

22nd Tenkaichi Budokai
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
Jackie Chun
Man-wolf
Chiaotzu
Krilin
Goku
Pamput​

23rd Tenkaichi Budokai
Cyborg Taopaipai
Tenshinhan
Goku
Chichi
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Kami (as Shen)​

24th Tenkaichi Budokai Junior Division
Goten
Trunks
Idasu
Ikose
Kadopi
Koryuu
Mooki
Pyonatt​

24th Tenkaichi Budokai
Goku
Vegeta
Pintar
Krillin
Piccolo
Kaioshin
Spopovich
Yamu
Videl
Kibito
Gohan (as Great Saiyaman)
Mr. Satan
Android 18
Jewel
Killa
Mighty Mask​

27th Tenkaichi Budokai
Pan
Goku
Uub
Fat Buu
Nareg
Captain Chicken
Goten
Trunks
Otokusuki
Vegeta
Nok
Mr. Satan
Wild Tiger​

Universe 6 vs 7 Tournament
Goku
Piccolo
Vegeta
Fat Buu
Monaka
Botamo
Frost
Auta Magetta
Cabba
Hit​

I have a soft spot for the 21st tournament. It was just too wacky and fun and that Goku vs Jackie Chun fight was dope. It's funny how all of those early DB fighters never showed up by the time Mr Satan won, as they probably would have all beaten him. Giran, Nam and King Chompa would have easily wiped out anyone during the Satan era, where it looks like all of the fighters were just generic humans with no special abilities.

Best Tenkaichi fight was Goku vs Piccolo.

L Thammy

Wait, I forgot that Cabba kind of sucks. So it's between 22nd and 23rd for me. 23rd is probably better overall since it's Chichi versus Manwolf and Punput in the who-cares category, but I'm a Jackie Chun fan and he's not in that one...

Skeeter49

I think I have to go with 22nd. 21st was fun, but it did have a few pacing problems. I think the Piccolo fight went on too long in the 23rd. 22nd had the best pacing all around.

It's tough though. The Tien fight was cool in 23rd as well. Piccolo was also set up to be a great future villain.

RE lover

Numbering of the tournaments must be wrong, didn't Satan win one between 23rd and 24th?

Always thought he had already won one before the Cell Games

L Thammy

Numbering of the tournaments must be wrong, didn't Satan win one between 23rd and 24th?

Always thought he had already won one before the Cell Games

Oh shit, you're right, he won the 24th. I should have written the 25th. And I put 27th instead of 28th.
It's totally my fault, but the important thing is that we all blame this on Dragonball Wikia anyway.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
27th had the most potential but ended early.

Maybe when Super retells it they'll actually finish it this time.

I feel like we are witnessing DB history tonight. This is so exciting. It's the trope in shonen that often a villain turns into an ally. I love this trope. DB has seen it a lot with Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, 18, Buu, etc. 17 kind of fell by the way side though. Even when GT played around with him, it was for a brief arc where he was a villain again. We are finally getting 17 playing the (reluctant?) ally and I am really excited to see how he contributes to the team

L Thammy

I'm too excited I can't focus on anything

I can't imagine why that would be.

I feel like we are witnessing DB history tonight. This is so exciting. It's the trope in shonen that often a villain turns into an ally. I love this trope. DB has seen it a lot with Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, 18, Buu, etc. 17 kind of fell by the way side though. Even when GT played around with him, it was for a brief arc where he was a villain again. We are finally getting 17 playing the (reluctant?) ally and I am really excited to see how he contributes to the team

Maybe 17 will be the first character to become a core member of The Dragonball Posse since Beerus and Whis! ...Maybe he'll be the next one to fall back out of relevance!

Slaythe

I can't imagine why that would be.

Maybe 17 will be the first character to become a core member of The Dragonball Posse since Beerus and Whis! ...Maybe he'll be the next one to fall back out of relevance!

The difference being that even if he doesn't show up regularly, he is still a blue level tier character that can come back any time.

Kinda like future Trunks.

I think that's what they want.

psaman17

Banned
The difference being that even if he doesn't show up regularly, he is still a blue level tier character that can come back any time.

Kinda like future Trunks.

I think that's what they want.

Wtf how'd 17 become a blue tier fighter by going home to become a family man. That's reaaaaaally stretching it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
my favorite shonen trope is the old man actually being a real badass, always satisfying and dragin ball was the first shonen i saw do it

Mory Dunz

Ep 14 on Toonami right now. Forgot how good this fight was besides from the punching thing.

Is that Vegeta or Gohan ?

Serious question.

omg

thought it was gohan till I saw the forehead dimples. sigh
edit: also, i think only vegeta has the completely vertical face wrinkle ankle line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom