• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's TGS2012 lineup

Not looking forward to the inevitable disappointment that'll overcome me when The Last Guardian doesn't make an appearance.

Pooya

Vita game is a port of the visual novel. I dunno how Imageepoch's RPGs turned out.

the game? not good, not good at all... :\ Type-Moon fans probably like the story I guess, everyone else... don't think so.

maybe CCC turns out better... lol.

Nekki

Good to see Sony showing more Vita games.

L5 has had a lot of underselling games lately. After having 2 million selling franchises (Inazuma Eleven and Layton), they have been able to manage to milk those two franchises to the point where the latest entry to Layton and IE bombed. I'm not 100% certain, but I think Little Battlers also under performed. They worked hard and got a couple of hits and 2 years ago were one of Japan's big publishers, but the company has gone downhill since then. They are now at a point where they need to come up with something before it's too late.

No.

faridmon

I can't wait for
Black Ops
trailer by Square Enix. I am 100% sure that it is going to be there one way or another, Or does that be in thier booth rather than the Sony one?

:p

piteru

Banned
i can confirm that in tgs the new ps3 model will be released.28/9 probably the first bundle with the 500gb hdd along with fifa 13 in europe.second bundle to be released later.you can quote me/thank me or ban me if it turn out to be wrong.cannot specify my source.can laugh at me also for being junior member or anything else.
tgs new ps3 model

piteru

Banned
There will be a price drop. There must be.

the information is about selling the new ps3 bundle/game for 309 euros with the approprieta(sorry for the spelling) margin.no price drop is mentioned so i cant tell for sure.if i have any information about a price-drop i ll post asap.\
the second bundle has uc3+gt5 with all the dlc(theyre called "special editions")

Sid

i can confirm that in tgs the new ps3 model will be released.28/9 probably the first bundle with the 500gb hdd along with fifa 13 in europe.second bundle to be released later.you can quote me/thank me or ban me if it turn out to be wrong.cannot specify my source.can laugh at me also for being junior member or anything else.
tgs new ps3 model
Do you know about any of the new vita game announcements?

piteru

Banned
Hmmmm? New Vita games?
Sorry it's my fault I read the sentence quickly.no it's not about games but for a price drop.but only rumors.the tgs ps3 announcement is certain..for a reference about the price,you can buy a 160gb Ps3slim for as low as 229€ so I found the new model price a little high.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Interested in Soul Sacrifice and Sol Trigger. That's it.

And I won't bother with a Vita for a long time. I'm too cheap to buy a handheld for that much.

Sol Trigger Demo was decent though.

.la1n

Ken's Rage 2, had no idea this was being made, awesome.

manboobs.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
There will be a price drop. There must be.

I would hope so, but maybe Sony thinks that all the recent collections and greatest hits games are enticing enough for the consumer. I think a one-two punch of cheaper console and tons of great, cheap software would be better (and it's what I was imagining as soon as I heard the rumor of the new PS3 followed by all the software price cuts), but I'm no financial analyst.

Takao

Banned
Tokyo Game Show attendees who bring their PlayStation Vita to the show will be able to take part in an augmented reality game, Tokyo Game Show Detectives: Find the Missing Female Spy, at Sony's booth this year.

Tokyo Game Show Detectives is a free application that can be downloaded from the Japanese PlayStation Store. Using the Vita's AR features, players must track down the spy — disguised as one of the many attentive booth "companions" — by scanning the PlayStation booth for clues.

Those who successfully identify the spy will have a chance to win 2,000 yen in credit from the PlayStation Store.

Sony has another AR game playable at the show, Box! Open Me. According to a translation from Wired, players can request a brochure from Sony's PlayStation booth, letting them play a preview of the game. Box! Open Me, from PlayStation C.A.M.P. and Sony, will be released as a downloadable title from the PlayStation Store.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...show-detectives-ps-vita-augmented-reality-tgs

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hold up... Final Fantasy III on PSP?

Is this an enhanced 2D re-release like 1, 2 & 4 or a port of the NDS version or what?

atelier totori for the vita =O. Never played the series but I am interested after the vita announcement.

I wonder if I should pickup meruru for 30 bucks and just wait for totori's localization (if it ever happens)

Takao

Banned
I've not played either of those so this is good news for me. Hopefully it comes to the US PS Store so I can play it on my Vita.

The Japanese version will actually contain the English script, and it was rated in Brazil. So it'll probably see a digital release on PSN.

Hopefully, alongside III they'll put up the PSP FF, and FFII remakes since North America is the only region without those on PSN.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The Japanese version will actually contain the English script, and it was rated in Brazil. So it'll probably see a digital release on PSN.

Hopefully, alongside III they'll put up the PSP FF, and FFII remakes since North America is the only region without those on PSN.

Here's hoping it gets released on the USA PSN... and that it doesn't cost $39.99.

The Sony press conference hasn't actually been announced yet, oddly ... MS confirmed they're not going to bother, and Nintendo hasn't ever really done TGS.

Yeah it's pretty weird that Sony haven't announced theirs yet. Last years was on the Tuesday before TGS (though I guess that would be Monday for Americans), so if we don't hear anything in the next couple of days, maybe they're not going to have one.

That's referring to their booth. Notice how it runs all four days of TGS. AFAIK they haven't announced a presentation yet.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/14/tokyo-game-show-2012-your-questions-please/

The day before doors open, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will be holding a press conference in downtown Tokyo from 5.00am BST (1.00pm Japan time). Unlike Gamescom, we won’t be hosting a livestream of the event, however, any earlybirds will be able to read about all the key announcements right here on the PlayStation Blog after the show finishes. What’s more, I’ll be on the ground live-Tweeting proceedings via @PlayStationEU.

Takao

Banned
I hope they just mean SCEE isn't doing a livestream, because if SCEJ isn't that pretty much guarantees a lot of nothing being announced.

Mario007

I hope they just mean SCEE isn't doing a livestream, because if SCEJ isn't that pretty much guarantees a lot of nothing being announced.

There was no livestream last year either, you had to rely on liveblog and tweets to get info and let's be honest a fuckton of info was released last year.

But yeah, there'd actually be no point in livestreaming something that is happening at 5am in the morning.

Takao

Banned
There was no livestream last year either, you had to rely on liveblog and tweets to get info and let's be honest a fuckton of info was released last year.

But yeah, there'd actually be no point in livestreaming something that is happening at 5am in the morning.

No, there was a Japanese livestream last year. I distinctly remember them spending an insane amount of time demoing Vita's OS, and my heart jumping when I heard the Final Fantasy theme to reveal an HD remix that will never be released.

Top Bottom