• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

Jim

Might as well kick off the inevitable thread for the week.

(Official stuff added)

Classic Gaming for PS3 Hits PLAYSTATION Store This Week

The vintage days of gaming return Thursday as Sony Computer Entertainment America will offer ten classic PlayStation titles on the PLAYSTATION Store for download and play on PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. Other new additions to the PLAYSTATION Store this week includes Super Rub a Dub and Gauntlet II, which are downloadable in their entirety.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

PlayStation titles for PS3 ($5.99): PlayStation favorites are reborn on the PS3! Download PlayStation format software from the PLAYSTATION Store and play at home on your PS3 and on the go with the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system. Experience classic gameplay all over again with the following titles: 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto, Jumping Flash, MediEvil, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter, Tekken 2 and WipeOut. Consumers who have already purchased these titles for their PSP system may download it to their PS3 at no additional charge.

Super Rub a Dub Starter Pack & Full Game (free/$6.99): Amusing and vibrant, Super Rub a Dub brings rubber ducklings to life. Utilizing the SIXAXIS wireless controller motion sensors, guide your ducklings in colorful water-filled tubs to clear each stage safely away from sharks.

Gauntlet II Full Game ($4.99): Play as the Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, or Wizard and enter a dungeon with over one hundred levels, as you defeat wave after wave of enemies. Destroy them to clear the level and find your way to the exit!

Super Stardust HD Trailer (free): With five highly detailed 3D planets to save, hordes of enemies and asteroids to destroy, and various game play modes, Super Stardust HD presents super intense action.

Rampart Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at this arcade classic in advance of its re-release on the PLAYSTATION Store.

BlackSite Area 51 Trailer (free): BlackSite: Area 51 is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre using its integrated cutting-edge technology, game design, and unique story-writing.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Movie Trailer (free): Catch the trailer for the next chapter in the popular franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Duke Togo

Haha, I remember I used to play Gauntlet II in a laundrymat by my place when I was just a wee lad. I'll probably buy this just for old times sake.

Jim said:
No Sony press release = no confirmation :)

Sure... but I thought Jaffe said so himself in his blog or something? If not, I'm going delusional. College is really ****ing my mind over right now. :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
How come this doesn't get rolled into the "Upcoming Game Releases" thread?

jjasper

RubxQub said:
How come this doesn't get rolled into the "Upcoming Game Releases" thread?

I makes sense to do it this way as XBLA has one and so does VC. But we should just have an official thread I think for all discussion with updated releases instead of a new one every week

brandonh83 said:
Sure... but I thought Jaffe said so himself in his blog or something? If not, I'm going delusional. College is really ****ing my mind over right now. :lol
Yes, but Jim's responsible, so going with the official press release is the way to go

Wollan

Super Rub a Dub has the most amazing water physics I have ever seen. Make sure to play the Shark levels (every five levels) as they have this pink sky which looks amazing when reflected in the water. One of the premier tech demos so far for my PS3.

spwolf

Wollan said:
Super Rub a Dub has the most amazing water physics I have ever seen. Make sure to play the Shark levels (every five levels) as they have this pink sky which looks amazing when reflected in the water. One of the premier tech demos so far for my PS3.

my wife loves the demo, but i have to wait for US store to purchase it...

then CAC is coming as well... good week for PSN games...

spwolf

celpacius said:
i swear to ****ing god if calling all cars doesnt come out, someone's gonna get it up the ass.

Jaffe is going to walk akwardly for few days at least... hear me jaffe?

WasabiKing said:
Yeah, who knows, Sony could be dragging their feet on CAC and then Jim will get crap. You know how some posters are. ;)

God yes I would hate him forever and take everything he says with a pinch of salt ;)

painey

:D :D Gauntlet 2 is the ONLY game I ever got my mother to play, and she loved it. We used to play co-op in the amiga for hours. Furthest we ever got was level 79.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I keep expecting one week for Sony to finally get it and see flood of add-on content, trailers, demo's and games on PSN... but it just ain't happenin... <sad sigh>

spwolf

DarienA said:
I keep expecting one week for Sony to finally get it and see flood of add-on content, trailers, demo's and games on PSN... but it just ain't happenin... <sad sigh>

man, what the hell do you expect? 15 games, 10 demos, 300 videos released per week?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I hope there's a decent selection of PSone games...including, hopefully, PS3 compatible versions of those I bought already (!)

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
CAC is not coming on Thursday. Despite Jaffe's confirmation, Sony immediately afterwards said that date was wrong. Sorry, folks.

DarienA said:

I bet you that after Home launches you'll see a lot more content from Sony. It took MS some time to get XBL to where it is now you know.

sk3tch

eXxy said:
CAC is not coming on Thursday. Despite Jaffe's confirmation, Sony immediately afterwards said that date was wrong. Sorry, folks.

Yeah...wasn't the post on his BLOG deleted, too?

spwolf

tambourine said:
I bet you that after Home launches you'll see a lot more content from Sony. It took MS some time to get XBL to where it is now you know.

it is not sony that is the problem when it comes to PSN stuff... 3rd party is waiting until there is more PS3's out there... Sony is releasing a lot of PSN games... but you cant expect them to release 5 per week.

If I was 3rd party publisher, I would wait until there were enough systems to get best possible return on my investment.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PSone games ought to be a cheap and easy way for Sony to boost their additions to the store. When they first announced downloadable PSone (and PS2?) games, I had a dream of an iTunes for playstation games..which obviously hasn't come to fruition. I guess the market is still too small for them to put a huge catalogue online all at once, and they want to give titles a period of attention. I'm hoping, though, now that things are in place for PSone downloads to be playable on PS3, that we'll see frequent additions on that side.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
spwolf said:
man, what the hell do you expect? 15 games, 10 demos, 300 videos released per week?
Something that could at least keep up with retail releases, would be nice. There's usually 4-6 new Blu-Ray movie releases each week and there's no trailers for these releases each week on the PS Store. Not that I want them to focus on put up only movie content, but when they can't even provide a simple movie trailer for retail release of a BD movie, that's ridiculous.

On the games front, the retail releases for the PS3 aren't as regular yet, but the content is still lacking even in comparison to that schedule.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
spwolf said:

Something more than the pitiful amt that is coming out now....

jjasper

I kinda had a feeling Calling all Cars was going to be delayed when I saw the GAUNTLET II stuff but man still dissapointmenton

kenta

Has no PEINS
eXxy said:
Unbelievable, this is really getting ridiculous. I remember when we were expecting it on March 22nd, it's now May and how many times have we been cockteased in the interim with promises?

Jaffe I love you to death but please don't do this to us with your next game, just keep release date speculation to yourself until it's actually concrete, I'm begging you

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
His blog on the right side still says, "March 2007", hah.

Please Jaffe, I know you can see this...please say something. Anything. :(

Top Bottom