• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List Of Known/Rumored GDC Announcements

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We seem to be getting about five million announcements at GDC this year, so I thought it would be useful to catalog what's coming.

This is incomplete, so any help is appreciated.

I'm counting things that are unveiling parallel to GDC even if they aren't at the event itself, since the intention is to show them at the same time.

I'll try to source most things unless they're more nebulously sourced.

Microsoft:
Known:
-The embargo for their press event on the 28th drops on March 5th.
-Lionhead Countdown
Rumored:
-Halo 4 (Presumably info is out before OXM, since it almost always is.)
-Forza World (the open world Forza game) is coming in 2012 and still has to be unveiled.
Speculated:
-Presumably they're making more than 2 games.

EA:
Known:
-They're holding a 2 hour livestreamed conference with the same title as their E3 conference last year. Normally they have 10 games, this time they'll probably have more.
-Sim City 5
-Medal of Honor: Warfighter
-Their regular sports line-up.
Rumored:
-Need For Speed Criterion 2
-BioWare was noting they have a giant review day going on for Dragon Age, which would make sense if it's unveiling next week.
Speculated:
-Well, we still have a lot of room to hit at least 10 games.
-Known, releasing this fiscal year (or soon after) titles include AoT3, Respawn, Overstrike, Generals 2, DS3, DA3, Populous, Outernauts, and others.

Ubisoft:
Known:
-Assassin's Creed 3 (unless it's Game Informer tomorrow)

Infinite Game Publishing:
Known:
-MechWarrior Online
-MechWarrior Tactics
-Sins of a Dark Age

Frozen Byte:
Known
-Trine 2 expansion pack
-Splot

BigPoint:
Known:
-Game Of Thrones MMO

Paradox Interactive:
Known:
-"So much good stuff"

Epic Games:
Known:
-Unreal Engine 4 (We won't see it publicly, but well, it's a leaky industry.)

Sony:
Known:
-David Cage is unveiling new Quantic Dream tech, presumably with something resembling a game.
Rumored:
-The Destination PlayStation stuff can't be under embargoed forever, or even that long before becoming hopeless outdated, so...
-God of War IV
-LittleBigPlanet Karting
-Datura

Publisher Unknown:
Known:
-Crytek claims a licensee has a huge, very impressive unveil during GDC week. Unfortunately the person deleted their entire Twitter account over the Durango issue.

Apple:
Known:
-The iPad 3 is unveiling in the same timeframe. Presumably some people will unveil new games for it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It could be, but I haven't seen anything.

This thread is an open question though, so feel free to link to anything you find indicating a GDC unveil.

Um, I'm unsure.

They have 3DS game post mortems, but I haven't seen any conference or keynote notes.
There will only be the sessions by Koichi Hayashida (Nintendo EAD) and Steve Rabin (DigiPen/Nintendo of America):

Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land
Game Design
Koichi Hayashida (Nintendo)

Existential Crisis: Do We Really Need AI?
AI Summit
Speaker/s: David "Rez" Graham (Electronic Arts (Sims Division)), Daniel Kline (Maxis), Chris Jurney (Double Fine Productions), Kevin Dill (Lockheed Martin Global Training & Logistics) and Steve Rabin (Nintendo of America)

They could of course throw a press conference there, but it's nothing scheduled. As for rumors, our own wsippel said this in the thread "Mike Capps - Epic's GDC 2012 Unreal Engine demos shall have you gasping":

They'll probably have some Wii U demo, at least behind closed doors. I hear Crytek most likely does, and I can't imagine Epic leaving that field to their biggest competitor.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35413315&postcount=29

By the way, Nirolak, will you perhaps be issuing an official thread for GDC or will this function as some kind of gathering thread? The event technically starts this Sunday (3:00pm PST).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nintendo:
Known:
Rumored:
-Everything ever.

I think it's very likely NSMB 3DS or whatever will make an appearance, considering SM3DL was announced there last year and nothing has been shown for it yet.

But it's not an actual rumor, just speculation on my part based on history and circumstance.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Rösti;35593218 said:

By the way, Nirolak, will you perhaps be issuing an official thread for GDC or will this function as some kind of gathering thread? The event technically starts this Sunday (3:00pm PST).

Thanks.

As for this thread, it's just supposed to be a collection of announcements.

I haven't really thought of anything beyond that to be honest, outside of intending to make the EA Gamechangers thread.

But if anyone wants to make other threads, feel free, though we won't just have one thread for all pieces of news unless someone wants to make a recap thread that links to the other news.

Gas Powered games have said they are doing a relaunch of Age of Empires Online but havent said when. GDC fits the timeline of the Celts release so it makes sense.

Nibel

Halo 4, God Of War 4 and Unreal Engine 4 - these are the things that I'm looking forward to. And of course Shenmue 3!

strafer

You'll get Splinter Cell 6 / Reboot from Jade Raymonds new big ass studio in Montreal.

tumblr_lagkewygyp1qzji4udu.gif

Horns

Does Rockstar ever do anything at GDC? I'd love for them to show off some Max Payne and obviously anything GTA V related which is highly unlikely though.

Does Rockstar ever do anything at GDC? I'd love for them to show off some Max Payne and obviously anything GTA V related which is highly unlikely though.

Rockstar doesn't do tradeshows.

At least not in the public / press way. They are normally present at trade shows, but it's only high profile buyers and very select people who get to see their stuff, very rarely press.

Horns

Rockstar doesn't do tradeshows.

At least not in the public / press way. They are normally present at trade shows, but it's only high profile buyers and very select people who get to see their stuff, very rarely press.

That's kind of what I thought. I know they did some stuff in the past, but I couldn't find anything recent about them.

Top Bottom