• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

Quentyn

fc4pijih.png

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...1ubisoft fy14 slide show finaltcm99143204.pdf

US Press Release
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — May 15, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry 4, an open-world, first-person shooter that delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever. Far Cry 4 will be available November 18 in the US and November 20 in the EMEA territories for PlayStation 4® computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

Development on Far Cry 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft studio, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Kiev.

In Far Cry 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

Customers who pre-order Far Cry 4 receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3’s DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler”. The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

Fans can tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4.

EU Press Release
London, UK — May 15, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry® 4, an open-world, first-person shooter that delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever. Far Cry® 4 will be available November 21 in the UK for PlayStation 4® computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

Development on Far Cry® 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Ubisoft’s Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Kiev.

In Far Cry® 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles, and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry® 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

Customers who pre-order Far Cry® 4 will receive the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3’s DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler”. The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

Fans can tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry® 4.

Boxarts said:

keyart said:

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wat

I certainly hope that's the case.

It's a waste of time to create PS360 versions, though. FC3 was one of the worst performing console games we've seen in the last decade. Just an awful frame-rate.

Pudge

Hope it doesn't get delayed into late December like Far Cry 3, and I hope that Blood Dragon 2 is also on its way!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's your Himalayas.

Damn 2014 from a game we haven't even known about till now? Crazy.

Cross Gen means unoptimized current gen though, so will prob run into that good ol' " resolution news " thing come October.

iNvid02

i hope there is something to actually do after finishing the story aside from picking up pointless collectibles

Kssio_Aug

Not crossgen again!! Damn it!! T-T Give last gen a break.
Anticipating the game however... if its true! I really enjoyed FC3.

bombshell

Out of the blue!

Competing against AC: Unity? I thought they delayed Watch Dogs because they didn't want the same last year.

Raptor

For the love of God just lock it at 30fps.

Couldn't play FC3 on 360 because of the atrocious framerate and sttutering.

Volotaire

Ah so it is the Himalayas. The box art looks strange to me. I wonder if it will be a true crossgen game or if they'll take out features for the last gen versions.

EDIT: oh I didn't expect a release date this soon!

L1NETT

Ugh cross gen

Hype deflated

Loved Far Cry 3, and the art looks right awesome

Sigh

And Himalayas...confirms elephant rumours??

Top Bottom