• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

NotQuiteRight.jpg

Frankie's hair is more impressive than Conan's.

Nah, I think they were just riffing a bit.

Conan loves to try to establish a fake tension in interviews with people.
This. And Frankie and Kiki didn't even know they were doing the interview until like 5 minutes before the cameras started rolling.

Does anyone have the gif of Frankie saying "Hollywood Type"?

Did anyone pay attention to the scenario surrounding the Conan Easter egg being in the game?

Master chief aboard the infinity preparing to go to war close to the end of the game.

Kibbles

Did anyone pay attention to the scenario surrounding the Conan Easter egg being in the game?

Master chief aboard the infinity preparing to go to war close to the end of the game.

"Master Chief, what are you doing on that ship?"
"Sir, Going to War"
[end credits]

Homeboyd

Yeah, I don't think that's real. They're not gonna tell us end game scenarios right now.
But they did say the marines with their voices would be in the game in the BTS video. But yeah, Frankie said not to pay attention to the supposed *spoilers*. Although he is a dirty, shameful liar.. so...

Yeah, I don't think that's real. They're not gonna tell us end game scenarios right now.

Well we seeen the inside of the Infinity's pelican bay at least. I wouldnt be tooo surprised if something similar to that happened.

FUD gets attacked from covies
FUD crash lands on Requiem
Covies land on Requiem looking for chief and/or Forerunner shiznit
Chief uncovers living forerunners
Forerunners want to kill both covies and chief
Chief calls infinity using requiems mega cool Satellite dish
Chief escapes back to the infinity
Halo 5 "War is coming"

As I guessed immediately, the bonus short - "The Science Behind Halo" was much better.
The nano tech (while taken to arguably silly extent in H4, especially because they haven't been a big factor previously in the Universe to our knowledge) does have good roots in modern science, but my grimacing over their use was simply due to Metal Gear ruining the very mention of the word.

Also: Holmes with the Ico props, good man. Only played through it this year myself, in HD. Wonderful experience.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, the pic with the pistol has a bare (fingerless glove) hand holding it. Ability to take off your armor confirmed? Play as ODST/Marine confirmed? :p

Is Halo 4 going to have any sort of ADS?

simple-iron-sight-this.jpg

I'd love it if they would. Just makes more sense to me given the way the models hold their weapon and shoot.

Not a call of duty one, just one that stays with the times.

Haha awesome, well played then. The actual dialogue recorded was simply amazing.

I wonder who paid who to do what? They are both scratching each others' backs.

Not sure. I know that celeb guests get paid a small appearance few by the show for coming on, but I'm not sure about remote segments that are basically there for advertising Halo 4. Even if MS paid for it, I doubt it was very much because it basically hands the show a segment.

If anyone is interested in Conan, check out the documentary "Conan O'Brien Can't Stop". I just watched it last week and it chronicles the tour that they did after they were fired by NBC. It's an interesting insight into the guy, and is quite funny at times.

THE PISTOL!!!

Please don't suck.

Shadders

Halo related, got this in the mail, pretty exciting:
fOsgc.jpg

Ooh that's a great book, really nice collection. I have the collectors edition, it's well worth getting a copy if you can find one, the signed prints are glorious. The Eddie Smith one of Chief having his armour assembled is one of my favourite pieces of Halo art.

I did a review of it earlier in the year: http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/01/review-halo-great-journey-art-of.html (loads of images)

Did Wu ever answered if the build he played had the retarded and pointless text showing up in your HUD?

Don't think he mentioned it, but based on what Domino said about his experience in the showcase, it definitely seems like something that is there to say (he did say that the text in the Conan video was much small than what Domino and Devo saw at the showcase).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just watched the Conan skit with Frankles, and I know I'm LTTP.

Was he really that mad at Conan? Or was it just part of the sketch? It was funny either way. You could cut the tension with a knife. And you could tell it was like 8am, all of them looked tired. Him and Ms. Wolfkill looked legitimately upset at him trivializing his role in the crew of the Infinity.

He came in, sat down, we told him about he and Andy's "roles" - he thought about it, then told us what he wanted to do and we played along.

GhaleonEB

Hmm, the pic with the pistol has a bare (fingerless glove) hand holding it. Ability to take off your armor confirmed? Play as ODST/Marine confirmed? :p

That was the first thing I noticed as well, it looks like a different glove design.

Chloe is really cute. Can't believe daddy dropped an f-bomb right on her. :lol

Havok

Did Wu ever answered if the build he played had the retarded and pointless text showing up in your HUD?
It has a very specific point: to fellate the player.

Not saying I like it, but people today like having constant, pandering reassurance of their amazing, irreplaceable value to the world.

Halo 5 to award participation trophies to every player in the game so they don't feel bad.

He came in, sat down, we told him about he and Andy's "roles" - he thought about it, then told us what he wanted to do and we played along.

Your ruining the magic.

That was the first thing I noticed as well, it looks like a different glove design.

Chloe is really cute. Can't believe daddy dropped an f-bomb right on her. :lol

Yeah kid is awesome.

Its the same gloves all the fingers with the exception of the index finger (see "pulling triggers") On the MJOLNIR light variant have little metal caps on them, its red team player so its red coloured caps.

Edit, Lilt is the nectar of the gods, new and old

Top Bottom