• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
nah she spazzed on the fat joe collab album.

Nicki hasnt had a hit in like 2 years. All The Way Up and ShETHER was better and bigger than anything Minaj did.

Again whew are these people? Also Nicki was on Side to Side last year (#4 on BillBoard). Seriously, it's a joke of an award...Nicki does need to release a new single though. Her releasing three at once was such a bad idea (especially since none of them were poppy).

Order

Again whew are these people? Also Nicki was on Side to Side last year (#4 on BillBoard). Seriously, it's a joke of an award...Nicki does need to release a new single though. Her releasing three at once was such a bad idea (especially since none of them were poppy).
I get the impression you one of them people who only cares about sales and popularity rather than actual quality 🤔

Remy Ma Wins Best Female Hip-Hop Artist at 2017 BET Awards

Remy though
whew.png

giphy.gif

BX, NYC!

WaffleTaco

I get the impression you one of them people who only cares about sales and popularity rather than actual quality 🤔
I have a tendency to pick and choose when it serves my argument ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Always has been
Not really. I mean there was that whole Migos argument months ago (where I was clearly wrong and mainly talking out of my ass...). But I tend to usually hope the people choose quality over popularity. I guess I assumed naturally the BET would choose the more popular artist over a quality one, as does almost every award show.

daffy

Banned
Nicki had those songs in the vault

Had remy not unleashed the kraken we wouldn't have heard from nicki this year tbh

HiResDes

People answer questions normally and get that response, color me surprised. It might as well being a clip of Freddie doing laundry.

WaffleTaco

Nicki had those songs in the vault

Had remy not unleashed the kraken we wouldn't have heard from nicki this year tbh
What makes you think that? It's been 3 years since the Pinkprint and that was a good album actually. Maybe she will try again later this year.

watching the new ES ep, Agree with Joe, never seen 1 decent interview with Migos, boring, bad body language, short rambling answers. i dont even know why they bother. certain other artists dont do them for similar reasons.

Rae Sremmurd on the other hand are always fun to listen to though.

Vorheez

I'm very sick and my meds aren't workin, does anyone have some dark wavey/spacey shit without the horrorcore cheese to level me out. Some of that Sha Hef and Retchy P has been scratching the itch

I'm very sick and my meds aren't workin, does anyone have some dark wavey/spacey shit without the horrorcore cheese to level me out. Some of that Sha Hef and Retchy P has been scratching the itch
:(

I hope you get better soon, Vorheez. Is it some temporary sickness or something more permanent?

Vorheez

:(

I hope you get better soon, Vorheez. Is it some temporary sickness or something more permanent?
From my knowledge of the subject and information given to me by my doctors, it should be relatively permanent. I've battled a mental illness for well over a decade but did not know my clinical diagnosis because I was able to manage it effectively with continued therapy and behaviorial conditioning.

That was until last year, at the end of October, when I got very sick and was consumed by my illness. I had too much on my plate for too long and I just sort of "snapped" as a result. I withdrew a lot and almost lost my job/dropped out of school (my grades took a hit, not surprisingly). From the end of October until now, I have been in and out of a psychiatrist's office every two weeks in an attempt to better myself (amongst many other things; I do not give up). I was given an official clinical diagnosis of primarily obsessive OCD with covert compulsions (eating the skin on my fingers until they bleed, or constantly needing something to run my fingers through). I've been on a rollercoaster of different medications over these past months, all with varying degrees of nasty side effects.

I finally found a medication that was working well for me, clomipramine HCl, with minimal side effects. Things were looking up until my partner of 3 years left me because I was "too much to deal with" and was making her life "a living hell." This was a hard pill to swallow, obviously, and I'm really struggling again. One step forward two steps back. I think the saddest part about it was that I was going to propose to her this summer; we had talked about our future together and all our plans many times. I had saved up the money and was going to do it in a few weeks. I ended up buying a bicycle with that money though, which is pretty dope lol. She is coming in a few days to take everything, so I'll be left with a TV and a bed, which kinda fucking sucks but a PS4 and a TV is all I need fam. It's all good.

So do people make album ot's the day of release or prior to it?
Usually, the assets for it are made beforehand, but its posted day of, unless its a huge musical event a la Frank's album or Kanye's album.

Also, Vorheez, I hope things get better for you. The only things that come to mind for "dark spacey" stuff are The Haxan Cloak's solo albums (though those skew more gothic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom