• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall preload up on Origin (NA)

I think the game looks nice and runs nice, but what could possibly be using all those geebees? Is it just massive textures?

Freki

Download craps out on me as soon as I disconnect from the VPN.

That's different from what's happening for me - it's downloading with (more than ^^) full speed:
sDDygTg.jpg

Freki

So I've managed to connect to a US server with a VNP program. How do I download Titanfall? There is no download link.

Start origin (give it some time - this was very slow for me) - click on titanfall icon - "start preload" (or something like that)

Remf

Thinking about buying this, but does anyone know if you can use the ps4 controller with no issues? I don't have a 360 controller..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
50 GB is really quite absurd for any game, much less a multiplayer-only shooter with limited map sizes and textures that won't really impress anyone.

I wonder if we'll ever get a breakdown/explanation of this. That kind of size would probably prevent me from picking it up even if it were on sale.

LowerLevel

The idea that it has to bend over to retailers still is nuts. Pre-load should not be held back for anything.

Fucking this! i feel like driving over by the Braintree strip to even see if the GameStop and Best Buy have adverts up, because what would be the point to appease said retailers if they don't even shove it in your face?

No matter, due to the ease of swapping between games, I'm going digital anyways. Just wish MS would be a bit more speedy with the external HDD update...

50 GB is really quite absurd for any game, much less a multiplayer-only shooter with limited map sizes and textures that won't really impress anyone.

I wonder if we'll ever get a breakdown/explanation of this. That kind of size would probably prevent me from picking it up even if it were on sale.
Well it's currently unpacking around 34gb of audio for me, so that leaves ~16GB for the rest of the data.

Well it's currently unpacking around 34gb of audio for me, so that leaves ~16GB for the rest of the data.
Does it contain the full contents of an iPod from someone on the development team? Even uncompressed that's an unimaginable amount of audio, as in very literally I cannot imagine how you could use that much space.

realcZk

50gb ain't nothin when Origin magically downloads at 5x your speeds! (lol origin)
I wonder if it'll actually end up using that much space.

viTlY73.png

Thinking about buying this, but does anyone know if you can use the ps4 controller with no issues? I don't have a 360 controller..

DS4 works just fine, you can even use the touchpad as mouse to navigate the menus. Just use ScpServer wrapper to fool your PC into thinking that its a 360 controller.

I wonder if the whole 50gb install includes all language options, and if we could delete them and still have the game run fine, if anyone finds out that its possible please let me know, my ssd and I would be forever grateful

Lima

Does it contain the full contents of an iPod from someone on the development team? Even uncompressed that's an unimaginable amount of audio, as in very literally I cannot imagine how you could use that much space.

Uncompressed audio tracks can be 2-2.5GB. Now I imagine that they have all the languages in there (dubbed). Seeing how the beta had like 10 different languages already I can believe it.

watership

Origin shows the competed size and not the actual download size, it is a 20gb download. After downloading it will auto install and uncompress it, making it 49.99gb.

This is what I came to post. So much misinformation about the 'download' size. It's spread like wildfire.

Yoda

This is what I came to post. So much misinformation about the 'download' size. It's spread like wildfire.

It doesn't change the fact the size of the game's files are way higher than what one would expect from a game of its scope.

Remf

DS4 works just fine, you can even use the touchpad as mouse to navigate the menus. Just use ScpServer wrapper to fool your PC into thinking that its a 360 controller.

Thanks Decarb. Now I need to convince my wife to let me buy this AND infamous SS. That should go well...

Freki

Maybe that's because Origin is showing 50GB as the download size? You have to know how Origin works to not be fooled by it.
And on a side note - 35GB for audio is ridiculous in a game like that (and most other games as well for that matter).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
50 gigs? That cannot be right...

Welcome to next-gen.

BF4 wanted ~30gig or so from the start, before adding the DLC. BF3 went from like 7-8gigs to 25gigs with all DLC.

Harddrive requirements are gonna balloon wither bandwidth in the US increases or doesn't.

Superflat

It's not so much "oh no it's 50 gigs to download" for me as it is "holy shit this is taking up 50 gigs of my harddrive space-- WHY?"

Freki

It's not so much "oh no it's 50 gigs to download" for me as it is "holy shit this is taking up 50 gigs of my harddrive space-- WHY?"

I simply gave up and put it on a HDD. Match doesn't start until the majority has loaded the game anyways... (but it was nice always being the first to jump out of the dropship)

Top Bottom