• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
u guyz ! first legendary !

aptly named odyn son lol.

fAIsTEQ.jpg

Yuripaw

Banned
I can't quite decide if I wanna play this on medium, or hard... I feel like medium is way too easy, and hard is just slightly too hard. I tried playing hard, and being careful with my tactics by trying to avoid and dodge enemy attacks, but because attacks are like a dice roll, enemies still hit me even if I clearly wasn't within their range anymore.

I still don't understand what these yellow orbs do. The game just says it's a buff. Sometimes it makes electric looking lines and then when I get 3 it seems to start doing explosions with a speed boost.
When under the influence of an effect you don't know, bring up your inventory and select the character detail option. It will show you the details of any status effects.

Voidance

Well, I got 5 Legendaries on my session tonight. 2 crossbows (I'm playing a Wizard), 1 belt, 1 pair of boots, and 1 ring. Now 1/3 of the way through in Act 2.

I'm really trying to iron out which buttons function best for my play style (though I wish all were available for mapping from level 1). This game is such a blast.

molnizzle

Is PS3 online play busted at the moment? No one ever joins my public game.

My trophies are taking an absolute eternity to sync as well. Might that be it?

antitrop

I put 130 hours into the PC at launch and had a pretty good time.

I have no interest in grabbing this on consoles, but after reading the last few pages of this thread, I wish this was the version that I spent those hours with (and it was on PC).

crozier

No legendaries, then BAM...two within thirty seconds about midway through Act II. One's a pretty sweet axe that summons a spirit to attack with you, the other is a giant maul that drips blood.

I'm having a really, really good time playing this. Both solo and the little bit of MP I got involved in.

Into

Well i bought it and had a ton of fun, despite putting in 600+ hours in the PC version on my Barb

Here is one thing that they could have easily failed at but luckily didnt - the menu speed.

This is a game where you will have to manage your menu at times, especially as you are leveling and getting new stuff, later on you will get fewer upgrades and wont pick up as much loot, as you will be more selective.

I was scared to the death that the game's menus would slug, or that they would be a delay when bringing it up, not at all. It is super fast and smooth, to me this is way more important than anything else.

Loot wise, i do not even know what to say, i watched some KingKongor (A diablo 3 streamer) who was playing it yesterday, and look of joy on his face basically said it all, D3 players are like starved bums on the road, begging for scraps, D3 console is a pizza van.

The fact that we are getting interesting loot and have something to look forward to adds something missing from regular D3. We will see how that holds up come Inferno and lvl 60

Plvl 12 here, have 4 inferno machines made but not comfortable doing ubers with 250k dps, 300 AR, 0 LS DH so I am leveling a monk to 60 atm. People think all this loot makes the game a joke and there would be less farming but there is still a lot of farming involved because you need legendaries with AR, crit, crit dmg, or weapon with sockets/LS. What everyone is getting excited at now is the high dmg but that alone doesn't work in Master 5.

Dahbomb

OK since there's no manual and the game doesn't really tell you anything...

Do enemies ever respawn anywhere, or do you go through the storyline and then start over? And do my stats and weapons carry over to the other difficulty levels? How important will training my blacksmith be, should I start on that ASAP? Man, this game is god-tier.
Enemies don't respawn until you restart your game. Your stats and weapons carry over, that's the whole point of Diablo as Inferno is when the real game begins. Training Blacksmith is not that important because the self found loot is good enough but upgrade it when you have a surplus of cash, it is decently useful.

For all the people asking about Nephalem Glory gold orbs I believe every stack gives you more power ups which include increased movement speed, damage, health regen and a form.of chain lightning proc on attacks plus a beam of light shining on enemies and damaging them. Basically you are stronger, faster, tankier and you are shitting out plasma all over the place... always be looking to fight when stacks are up.

This is not to be confused with Nephalem Valor which you only get at lvl60. Neph Valor is granted automatically for killing elites, doing major quests or opening resplendent chests. Each stack of Valor gives you extra XP, gold find and magic find with guaranteed yellow item from Elites if you have max stacks. You want to be at max stacks before getting into the meat of your farming runs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I got 2 hours of sleep and now I'm heading to work... Needless to say, I dreamt about owning it up as hell. Fuck, this game is gooooo-oooood!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And regarding the roll, I pretty much roll every second or so - cancelling all my moves just as their animation finishes up. That way I'm essentially maxing the potential dps that I would've lost during some of the final swing-animations.

koji

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there some kind of way I can play D3 from my PS3 hard drive instead of having it stream from the BD? (Without buying it again on PSN?)

FINALBOSS

Banned
Can you guys stop talking this game up...you're gonna make me buy it.

I had crazy top-gear in D3 then quit and got crazy top-gear in Path of Exile.

Now I guess I'm going to head back to this on PS3 and pray that my character will transfer when I get the PS4 version. I really really miss my Witch Doctor.

Rixa

Played few hours local coop yesterday. GF took barb & own account as 2nd player and we used my account as 1st player. Few notes from PS3 version:

- Barb & DH
- Character name can only be 12 marks long.
- We both got those preorder bonuses, both had infernal helm + those PS3 only thingies.
- Doesnt matter who collects the money, it goes to both players.
- When you byu something from merchant you use your own money, so its own money to use. Not sure if the total amount of money is dropped more in coop than in sp game.
- I like the way how another character teleports or is dragged with if you move and another player is not moving. I.e. you go to toilet and another one can still move around in the game (for example doing shopping & finishing quests).
- From merchants its too easy to buy wrong item (press x on wrong item and whoops) :D

Very easy game to approach. Me likes, havent noticed any tearing & lag at all.

If I use those angelic wings thingie, is it short time buff or does it stay forever for that char?

Does the game not keep track of how long you played like in the PC version? Can't find that info anywhere. Also I swore someone said the ai would take over in multiplayer for you, if you had to step away, but didn't see any way to activate that.

Damaniel

Banned
I put 130 hours into the PC at launch and had a pretty good time.

I have no interest in grabbing this on consoles, but after reading the last few pages of this thread, I wish this was the version that I spent those hours with (and it was on PC).

I put about a hundred hours into the PC version too. I didn't like the concept of the AH (and really hated the RMAH), but I played until it got way too hard. I never did get good enough gear to get any of my characters through Act 2 Inferno, and stopped playing before any of the major patches came out.

I picked up the PS3 version of the game, and I just spent the last 4 hours playing pretty much non-stop. Other than the fact that the game looks like ass (I'm really glad next gen is almost here), I really think that the game is much more fun on the consoles than on the PC. I was skeptical about the controller at first, but now I wish that the PC version had the same support.

If the PS4 version ends up being exactly the same as the PS3 version, but runs at 1080p/60 and looks like the PC version cranked up near max, I believe that it will be the definitive version of the game. Now I'm just sad that I have to head to bed and go to work tomorrow - I really want to play more.

Dahbomb

And regarding the roll, I pretty much roll every second or so - cancelling all my moves just as their animation finishes up. That way I'm essentially maxing the potential dps that I would've lost during some of the final swing-animations.
That's only effective if you are using like a slow weapon at low levels. At high attack speeds you would be cutting down on your DPS if you roll.

Yoshichan

That's only effective if you are using like a slow weapon at low levels. At high attack speeds you would be cutting down on your DPS if you roll.
Yup, but I also use it in situations like: *lots of monsters* Leap in, rend, roll out, cleave > repeat. It works so good so far. I'm currently at work and all I can think of is this game... Yesterday was so fun, it's unbelievable. So far Nightmare has been a joke but I'm not gonna judge anything quite yet.

I use the R3 stick roll a lot just to cancel animations. Attack and roll. It's unfortunate that the dodge does nothing special (no invulnerability frames, still take damage, not really fast)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Shouldn't have entered this thread..... Can't fucking wait now. God, I hope my copy arrives today. Already planned the COOP sessions over the next 4 days with my Xbox Live buddy. This is gonna be goooooood.

Dahbomb

I would imagine it being more useful for a Xbow DH as you can attack, roll away to create distance while still maintaining DPS. Like a new form of kiting.

I think Hell is the hardest difficulty in this game if you don't use too high MP level. At MP0 Inferno is a joke especially with the gear they give you.

So is the "loot 2.0" shit they were touting essentially what is in-game for the console version?

It's pretty much loot 1.5.

2.0 is supposed to introduce new legendaries that alter skills. Console legendaries are all the same as PC but roll better and drop more often at all levels..

Gorillaz

Just bought this digitally on psn I'm not the type to just buy on the fly so gaf I hope this is as good as yall say it is.......

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

Yoshichan

Just bought this digitally on psn I'm not the type to just buy on the fly so gaf I hope this is as good as yall say it is.......

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg
You'll love it.

Dahbomb

So is the "loot 2.0" shit they were touting essentially what is in-game for the console version?
Its Loot 1.5, that is what the community is calling it.

Basically these features are what its using from Loot 2.0:

*Legendaries scaling to your level. HUGE change, the pool of top tier Legendaries in the game essentially got multiplied by 5x or more as Legendaries that were garbage before could potentially roll big. There is simply way more choices for top gear now.

*Smart drops. Items that drop are more geared towards your class in terms of stats (Barbs will get Strength rolls more often) and type (more Mighty Weapons and Belts for Barbs including Legendaries).

*Less blues, rares... almost 5 times as many Legendaries than normal.

*More craft recipes drops all around as well.

Stuff they didn't add from Loot 2.0:

*More class specific affixes on Legendaries (like summon Hydra for Wizard)

*Guaranteed Legendary drop on bosses you fight for the first time.

*Newer affixes like "reduce cooldown on all skills"

*New Legendaries and probably new class of items from i64 to 70.

*New crafting recipes that use white items

Yoshichan

*More class specific rolls on Legendaries
Ironically, all 12 legendaries I've gotten has been tailored for me :lol

Stoffinator

I've not followed this thread, is the PS3 version bad compared to the 360 version?

Not really. I have had a little bit of screen tearing. Frame rate has been good so far. Not had any issues that some of said they've had. I guess it depends maybe on what version of PS3 you are on?

Dahbomb

That sounds kinda stupid.
No this is one of the best changes. Blues and Rares are flooded on the PC version, 99% are crap and they just hog inventory space. They have reduced Rares a bit but they are overall much better now. Legendaries were very rare in D3 and a lot of time they rolled bad too, both those problems are fixed ... now when a Legendary drops you don't say "oh man not another Devil's Tongue..." because that Legendary could be absurd.

HoTHiTTeR

I was fortunate enough to get my PC copy at launch for about ~$33 thanks to an Amazon deal. I put dozens of hours on it, but felt like the game was a massive grind with no reward. RMAH was my favorite part, just simply due to the flipping of items and the 'economic' facets. Once that dried up I moved on. FF to today's toysrus deal, this thread and the stunning reviews. I got about 3 hours in tonight and what a genuinely fun experience. I did not enjoy the game this much on PC, not by a long shot. Well done Blizz; the PC sku almost feels like a bad port in comparison.

Yoshichan

No I meant that Legendaries will roll class specific affixes that alter or enhance skills. Like no cost on Dashing Strike on a Monk Legendary.
Oh, that makes sense!

Yoshichan

Well I saw cutscenes of it last year and really loved the story. I'm a sucker for biblical stories like that lol. Just hope its a good game to have to bounce back and forth with GTA 5.

I just want to believe Diablo Gaf
You... I... like, don't go expecting too much of the story. The dialogue and the in-game cutscenes, specifically, gave me head migraine.

Bittercup

I shouldn't have read this thread. I cancelled my pre-order because I recently moved and don't have too much money to spare but it sounds like the console version is really enjoyable. Ordered it again and hope it will arrive before the weekend :D

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there some kind of way I can play D3 from my PS3 hard drive instead of having it stream from the BD? (Without buying it again on PSN?)
Unfortunately not.

Top Bottom