• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV English Voice Actor #2 - Katy Townsend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

If Katy Townsend's resume is to be believed, she will be covering "various" voice roles for Final Fantasy XV. She has been credited for Lightning Returns English voice work as well. Chris Borders is listed as the Voice Casting Director, who was one of English Voice Casting Directors for Lightning Returns as well.

Think it's a major role? Black Haired girl?

Her Website - http://katytownsend.net/about/
Demo Reel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgFUIV-Licg

Last October (2013), the first English Voice Actor (Jay Preston) was revealed.

OG2wNl0.png

RTgarOR.jpg

EDIT -
Imdb now lists Olivia Hack and Greg Berg as English voices too. Greg Berg has been listed for weeks, so he's #2, not Katy. Roles for Greg Berg as listed as "Gregory, Elegant Gentleman, Impudent Tourist". (A couple sites list him as a voice actor for Lighting Returns so I don't know what the source of the confusion is for him.)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960140/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

There is a named NPC named Gregory in Lightning Returns. I guess we can scratch him off the list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGraEBvZ5Hw

Zukuu

Banned
after hearing the japanese voices for the past 7 years, I can't ever possibly play this game in english.

Chris Borders one of English Voice Casting Directors for Lightning Returns as well.

sounds like we're off to a bad start

Imdb now lists Olivia Hack and Greg Berg as English voices too. Greg Berg has been listed for weeks, so he's #2, not Katy. Roles for Greg Berg as listed as "Gregory, Elegant Gentleman, Impudent Tourist". (A couple sites list him as a voice actor for Lighting Returns so I don't know what the source of the confusion is for him.)
It would be great if Detective Gaf could confirm or deny if he is a voice actor in Lighting Returns. I was not able to do so definitively using Google a few weeks ago.

I reported this to Kagari (Novacrystallis.com) but got ignored.. i'm a junior, otherwise I would have made a thread about it then.

Exentryk

I reported this to Kagari (Novacrstallis.com) but got ignored..

Nice find.

EDIT - Gregory, someone prominent? OR just a named NPC? Hmmm...

StuBurns

Banned
Somehow i can't shake this feeling that FF XV will be getting a simultaneous release worldwide, just like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.
I don't think that'll happen.

Even if it could, in Japan they'll probably ship in December, which is horrible retail timing in the West, even November would be bad for XV, there are too many default yearly purchases. It should be Feb/March.

UberTag

Chris Borders one of English Voice Casting Directors for Lightning Returns as well.

I wouldn't read too much into that as being a negative given his other casting/direction credits.
There's some perfectly fine non-Toriyama scripts there. And FFXV isn't a Toriyama script, either.

At least the fact that the localization process is already under way makes a 2015 release more likely.

addik

Damn, I wished they would bring back the director from FF12.. It was Alexander O. Smith right? That game's dub was classy.

When I heard Katy do the English accent, I actually got excited because they might actually play around with accents this time (with each region having their own accents), but I'll wait to hear the results of their dubbing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It would be great if Detective Gaf could confirm or deny if he is a voice actor in Lighting Returns. I was not able to do so definitively using Google a few weeks ago.

I reported this to Kagari (Novacrystallis.com) but got ignored.. i'm a junior, otherwise I would have made a thread about it then.

IMDB isn't exactly trustworthy at times, so that's why I didn't post it. Also game is still two years off so it's hard to say what they're doing.

Famassu

According to IMDB, he's also done the likes of Mass Effect, Bioshock Infinite etc. Those didn't have the worst voice acting. I think it depends on other people as well and what kind of characters there are in the game in the first place. I don't think you can even HAVE a good voice actor for a character like Vanille, but Snow, Sahz, Fang, Hope etc. don't exactly have bad voice actors, they are all actually really good. It's the silly dialogue & otherwise bad direction of cutscenes that's the problem. They don't really give the voice actors the best basis for VA in the first place.

The Jay Preston leak already gave me strong hope for a simultaneous release. Even if some of these names look pretty fishy, I'm still betting on that pony just based solely on that. If the goddamn Tales games can do it, Final Fantasy sure as hell can.

Abriael

Banned
Somehow i can't shake this feeling that FF XV will be getting a simultaneous release worldwide, just like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.

Square Enix seems to be leaning towards that lately, FFXIV was simultaneous as well, and there's a TON of localization involved with it. Probably more than for single player JRPGs.

Dark_castle

I really hope so. *cross finger*

Not necessarily. He worked on Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1, 2, Baldur's Gate 1,2, Bioshock: Infinite, Lost Odyssey, Jade Empire, The Bard's Tale and so on.

The problem with LR is that the script is so bad you need miracles to make them sound good.

Famassu

2 years off, what? =/

How do you come to this conclusion? I really hope it is not the case.

Meh, Kagari has just become jaded in regards to Square Enix. FFXV will be out in 2015, more likely in the first half than second one, considering that FFXV is the top priority for Square Enix right now and how there's really nothing else of note that Square Enix is developing.

Loke13

Meh, Kagari has just become jaded in regards to Square Enix. FFXV will be out in 2015, more likely in the first half than second one, considering that FFXV is the top priority for Square Enix right now and how there's really nothing else of note that Square Enix is developing.
Unless you factor in Squares secret project. Lighting Returns Again: Bet You Thought You'd Seen The Last Of Me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
2 years off, what? =/

How do you come to this conclusion? I really hope it is not the case.

http://sqex.info/square-enix-losing-investments/

The report released by Credit Suisse Group on the 21st indicates that they’re saving investment into new titles of the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest RPG series for the 2016 fiscal year and on, in the meantime they’re waiting for a successful online game from the company.

The 2016 fiscal year runs from April 2016 to March 2017 in Japan. Whether the financial investing refers to new, unannounced titles or new titles that are currently in development is unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom