• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race |OT| Time to get tucked and bring back the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroo

Neo Member
I didn't like Sharon's final look. She could do so much better. Zombie look is still the best of the of all the looks this season for me.

I read an article where they reveal the real reason behind this move by Rupaul. Last seasons apparently the winners were leaked early. This was done to keep the winner secret for as long as possible. I also understand why she would ask people to vote. To add some unpredictability to this all. However, going by what everyone is saying, Sharon is winning the audience vote by a landslide.

Also, I loved Sharon's look for the intro to the video and the video itself. So a not so hot final look shouldn't really affect her chances. Though to be blunt, Sharon can do so much better than that and I'm thinking to myself "WTF happened Sharon?"

Dida, Phi Phi, and Sharon Podcast from the White Party a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. Love the humor! Listen to it!
http://thehomohappyhour.podomatic.com/entry/2012-04-19T15_29_11-07_00

SaintZ

This is the first season I watch and I marathoned all the episodes last week. Amazing show!
I'd be fine if Chad won, and I honestly think she deserves it, but come on now. There's only really one winner here.
I feel this way, exactly. Sharon is made of win. Her skills are very impressive and I kinda have a crush on her when she's not in drag. That being said, I also didn't like her final look. It has to be the least polished I've seen her on the runway.

If Chad wins, I'll be OK because she's really super fierce and pretty fabulous all around.

Dida, Phi Phi, and Sharon Podcast from the White Party a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. Love the humor! Listen to it!
http://thehomohappyhour.podomatic.com/entry/2012-04-19T15_29_11-07_00

This was really cute, thanks for sharing. I do legitimately feel bad for Phi Phi, especially hearing that people booed her during her performance. She's annoying on the show, but I wouldn't heckle her when she was trying to perform. Anyway, it's cool to see that they all genuinely like each other.

Aroo

Neo Member
Wow, the reunion apparently is going to be quite the show. In addition, some info got out from the taping this past Wednesday. They filmed three coronations in front of the audience to keep people from leaking the real winner. I can't wait.

It turns out that for season 3 it was leaked before the middle of the season that Raja won. Looks like Ru is taking no chances.

It looks like it may be Chad who got it.

Aroo

Neo Member
i keep hearing about this show a million times. should i watch this >_>

Netflix for season 2 and 3. Season 1 is only available on iTunes which is a shame. Awesome queens in that season (Shannel, Ongina, etc..) You can go to LogoTv.com for season 4 as well as untucked for seasons 2, 3, and 4.

Well, since no one else is talking about it, I will.

I'm really happy Sharon won, but it is SO STUPID that they filmed all three queens winning. Why even film with an audience if you're going to do that? I would have loved to see a genuine reaction from Sharon. Oh well. I'm also annoyed with Willam's explanation of why he was kicked off. It sounds fake or like only half of the story. Dragging out everything an extra week just made me less interested in the outcome and aggravated by the show. Since Sharon won this season, does she still qualify for All Stars? She was the number one pick.

hitoman

I'm glad she won, finally I feel like the top person was picked. Why I don't like it being done at the reunion show is because it takes away from the 'reunion'. I want to hear all the queens talk about the season and how they feel now that they've watched the show. Willam was amazing and funny as hell though that was a total bullshit reason why she left. She has to be brought back for next season. I'm also glad Phi Phi got read by all the queens for her attitude.

Aroo

Neo Member
I love Willam! Way too funny! Willam at the reunion stole the show.

NSFW..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE18CGmtXqM

OMG this is hilarious especially at the end. I LOVE WILLAM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qc1xG2-ww48

OMG I'm DYING! I Love Willam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw&list=UUrO9hj5VqGJufBlVJy-8D1g&index=4&feature=plcp

I believe you'll get to see Sharon's real reaction at the Reunion watching party where she will find out and be crowned. Someone will upload the video to youtube eventually.

nickcv

the youtube video doesn't work for me...
could you please list all the queens?

any word about when this is airing?
will we get a regular season as well?

kirblar

S1: Tammie Brown, Shannel, Nina Flowers
S2: Raven, Pandora Boxx, Jujubee
S3: Manila Luzon, Alexis Matayo, Yara Sofia, Mimi Imfurst(out)
S4: Chad Michaels, Latrice Royale

Starts in October - I think they're casting for S5 right now.

nickcv

nina, chad or pandora
need to win this, otherwise i'll be really pissed.

don't get me wrong, i do love
manila and raven
but i think the other 3 deserve it more.

kirblar

nina, chad or pandora
need to win this, otherwise i'll be really pissed.

don't get me wrong, i do love
manila and raven
but i think the other 3 deserve it more.
I can't imagine Chad not making the finale again.

S1: Tammie Brown, Shannel, Nina Flowers
S2: Raven, Pandora Boxx, Jujubee
S3: Manila Luzon, Alexis Matayo, Yara Sofia, Mimi Imfurst(out)
S4: Chad Michaels, Latrice Royale

Starts in October - I think they're casting for S5 right now.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking love
Tammie Brown!!

Amazing!

Tammie Brown? Mimi Imfurst? Such wasted spaces tbh. Ongina should have replaced Tammie, and instead of having FOUR queens for season 3 and only TWO for season 4, they should have had Willam instead of Mimi. Maybe they'll eliminate Mimi on the spot for comic relief and replace her with Shangela. I dunno. Seems kinda fishy to me.

At least we can look forward to a Tammie vs Mimi lipsync the first episode! :p

Either way I'm fucking PUMPED. My favorite show on television is returning early, and with our favorite queens. I sorta wished I would see Raja, Sharon or Willam but I understand why they wouldn't include past winners to compete. They should be on their own pedestal IMO.

I hope the four winners are involved in a challenge of some sort. It seems like it would be obvious to include them to some capacity.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Apparently Sahara Davenport from season 2 (and Manila Luzon's significant other) died today, but no cause has been released yet. Andy Cohen from Bravo, Michelle Visage, Nina Flowers, and Manila have seemingly confirmed it via Twitter.

Apparently Sahara Davenport from season 2 (and Manila Luzon's significant other) died today, but no cause has been released yet. Andy Cohen from Bravo, Michelle Visage, Nina Flowers, and Manila have seemingly confirmed it via Twitter.

Rip :( I didn't know They were dating until I saw the article My thought to out to manilla and their families.

That's so sad. Sahara seemed like such a good person.

Wilsongt

Latrice posted about this on Facebook today. It's really sad to hear, and I feel so bad for Manila... Praying for the families.

Lear

So sad. I've heard that she had a history with drugs, but I hope that's not related. She hasn't been looking well for a while, but I assumed that was just bad make-up

mantidor

omg when I saw the thread bump I was not expecting this...

mantidor

There's extra footage?

Love to see this back, sucked for Pandora but she basically sabotaged herself, Mimi sucks but if you got stuck with Mimi at least try to make it work. I didn't felt bad she had to leave.

I know editing doesn't show the whole story but both Latrice and Chad actually went to talk to her, it just shows she was very salty and defeatist from the start.

Huh, is it me or does the magic seem absent from this season?

Maybe it's that all of the girls are known quantities or that the team up thing feels kind of beneath the show.

I'd hoped with All Stars that the challenges would be bigger, tougher and things we haven't seen. Meh.

I will say though that I LIVE for Tammie Brown and am thrilled that she's in the cast.

Lear

Huh, is it me or does the magic seem absent from this season?

Maybe it's that all of the girls are known quantities or that the team up thing feels kind of beneath the show.

I'd hoped with All Stars that the challenges would be bigger, tougher and things we haven't seen. Meh.

I will say though that I LIVE for Tammie Brown and am thrilled that she's in the cast.

It did seem a bit lifeless, I agree. All of the queens seem a little bit too aware of their fanbases. For instance, Latrice was constantly coming out with phrases ('eat it' etc etc) that were popular with fans and it felt a little forced. Untucked was actually more entertaining than the main show, until Mimi had her meltdown. The team format seems dumb, and it's obviously just a contrivance to fit more queens into a short season, rather than something the producers thought was a good idea in its own right. It screwed Panodra over (not that I think Mimi is untalented, but she's obviously a bit unstable and doesn't seem able to handle the competition and I don't think she was ever going to win the judges over), and I wouldn't be surprised if we see it drag others down too (Team Brown Flowers, i'm looking at you).

Team Rujubee ftw (Raven isn't as fierce as she thinks, but I live for Juju. 'I like long walks on the beach, big dicks, and fried chicken' was the best line of the episode).

I hate that the preview at the start of Untucked pretty much spoiled the elimination order.

kirblar

I think the whole partner twist ruined the show, tbh. It makes no sense.
The girls all got pay bumps from the exposure of doing the show. They just can't afford to take a month off to film now, and so they reduced it to a half-cycle to fit it in.

I agree with the sentiments here, the first episode was a bit flat and so contrived. I actually felt sorry for Mimi even though I think she's completely dreadful. I can see why Pandora was pissed being stuck with her because Mimi was obviously kind of setup, but Pandora has never done much for me either. I just don't think she's funny or interesting and she was a total sourpuss on this episode.

Jujubee will always be my favorite, but Tammie Brown seems like a standout. I love that she doesn't seem to care that much and just wants to be as weird as possible. I hope she sticks around.

nickcv

watched it yesterday with my bf...

pandora q__q
she didn't act well, but i still i love her, i'm so sorry to see her go so soon.
i don't really understand why mimi was there anyway... i think she was by far the weakest among all of them.

anyhow i do agree with you guys, this team thing is bullshit... and i do wonder for how long they will keep it going, at some point they will have to start eliminating one queen at the time.

any news about when the regular edition will be running?

cory64

So
Chad Michaels
won...
I'm fine with that, more disappointed that the runner-up lost again.

Manila should have won. Latrice is an amazing queen but she's just okay for the purposes of RPDR.

Raven and Jujubee were an amazing matchup.

Shannel might be crazier than Tammie Brown but not in a funny way. Chad is pretty great all around, impressive, but not exciting.

Alexis is just a low self-esteem mess. Yara can be great but she isn't quite focused enough.

Willam is the GOAT tho, bitch better be on s2.

Anywayyyy
THE SEASON V QUEENS WERE ANNOUNCED

Tiers IMO (without seeing any actual show footage)

Top: Detox, Jade, Ivy, Alaska

Mid: Honey, Penny, Vivienne, Serena

Low: Jinkx, Coco, Lineysha

Busted: Monica, Alyssa, Roxxxy,

Really shouldn't be too hard for this season to beat All Stars, sadly.

Croc

Banned
Never watched this show until a couple of weeks ago with my BF. Watched through season 2 and 3 in just a couple of days and absolutely loved it. Started watching season 4 as well and with only like 3 or 4 episodes left it was removed from Netflix...

I was reading up on All Stars but wasn't following it at all and don't really plan on watching it. I'm excited for S5 though. I'll most definitely be following it!

Oooh wait a sec isn't Alaska Sharon's boyfriend that had auditioned like 3 times before? Watched the video and it didn't mention anything but I think I remember at least someone's BF was Alaska.

That should be pretty interesting if true.

Chad Michaels winning makes the most sense for the title, but it's not really exciting. At all.

I would have liked Manila to take the crown because I think she covers every front very well (dynamic runway styles, lovable personality, humor and wit, edginess, and a master of the unexpected), and though I think Chad and Raven are definitely two of the best so far in the show neither covers every front like Manila does.

I knew Latrice would be her downfall though. That bitch is all personality and nothing else. I think Manila would have worked best with Jujubee, but of course Juju and Raven are soulmates so I understand that not happening. Ah well.

As for Season V, I'm GAGGING over the inclusion of Alaska. She has a kind of quick wit that even Sharon doesn't quite match, but I hope the audience doesn't see her as someone who's relying on her boyfriend's name too much. Hope she shakes things up in her own way next season.

Serena ChaCha seems like she blends a bit of Raja and Ongina's styles, seems very avant-garde. Some of that might be due to her being an art student. We'll see though, she seems like she might pull a "Princess" and not put in 100%. She'll be one to watch though.

Jinkx Monsoon seems hilarious but she's giving me Pandora teas on the DOT. I'm afraid that she'll be eliminated for having a deficient runway presentation, even though her personality will be center stage. Kinda rooting for her though.

Detox has that kind of harsh paint style that I usually despise, but she seems to be a fierce contender. I can't decide whether I like her personality or not. She has sort of a detached gravitas about her that makes me roll my eyes but also has a really goofy side. More goofy, less self-absorption, and we're good.

Lineysha Sparx (worst name ever) is probably the best looking contestant the show's ever had (previous title holder being Yara Sofia), then again we'll see how her styles evolve in the show. Seems to have a cute enough personality that might translate better on the show than it did in the segment, but we'll see. Her outfit was fucking FLAWLESS though. She's making me feel like a Puerto Rican might have it this year.

Everybody else either falls under interesting but not quite excitable (Jade, Coco, Honey) to nor here nor there (Ivy, Penny, Vivienne) to sort of a disaster (Monica, Alyssa, Roxxxy).

Can't wait to see how their personalities collide and clash. Also hoping we get better thread turnout this season. :(

I went from a Chad Michaels lover from last season to a full on, full time hater for All stars.

Go away Chad.

-Entitled
-Creepy faced
-Bitter about losing to Sharon (hello, if you're going to lose to someone, lose to Sharon fucking Needles)
-If this bitch mentions the Hunger Games one more time, I'm going to hire someone to tape her mouth shut

She's just awful. It would be a treat never to look at that creepy muppet face ever again.

Anyway, All Stars was almost a complete miss for me. The only highlight was seeing the flawless and 100% delightful Miss Tammie Brown put on her freakshow with bonus Michelle Visage read.

cory64

Season 4 had no midrange queens. Maybe Phi Phi.
Either way, this looks to be the most balanced season yet, or at least as balanced as season 3.

Edit: I take back what I said about Chad because I just remembered last week, Rujubee OWNED it on the runway and looked liked they've actually read a comic book in the past 15 years. Chad and Shannel were a mess in my eyes. Shannel should have been gone that week.

mantidor

I'm glad chad won, but at the end I was rooting for Raven, she was already very good but this season she was freaking awesome in every way, I was really impressed.

I don't get the love for Manila, I can't stand her.

I don't know if I have the energy for season five though.

Lear

Well, that was a predictable ending. I don't dislike Chad, she's an incredibly polished and talented queen, but her attitude was kinda off during All Stars

I was living for Shannel's crustacean realness. She can be such a mess (if she's really 31 I will eat my hat), but I do love her. Work those showgirls teas, mama.

I'm actually really excited for Season 5. There seems to be a really good range of styles and personalities.

Early favourites are Detox, Jinkx Monsoon, and Alaska.

Detox is going to slay all these lessors. I pity the queen who has to go up against her in a lip-sync, because Detox will let them have it. She seems like a mix of Raven's overt sexuality and Willam's insanity. Love. I think she'll go far.

Jinkx is definitely my pre-show favourite. She seems pretty much tailor made to be my perfect drag queen. The name is Ab Fab inspired (I hope she does Eddie Monsoon on the Snatch Game), she's a theatre queen who does parodies of Sondheim songs, she was inspired to do drag by watching Death Becomes Her obsessively as a kid, and she seems to be really funny. She's a great singer but I worry about her lip-syncing. I don't think she'll win but she definitely seems like fan favourite material.

Alaska seems like a wittier Sharon Needles (her style seems a bit less goth, too). Her dramatic reading of How Many Licks? in her Meet the Queens video was giving me so much life. I think she's going to get read for days about being Sharon's bf (especially if she gets far)

Honorable mention to Ivy Winters, who is the only cute boy there. Apparently she does Manilla's costumes so her runway should be sickening. Also, she eats fire in her stage act so she's clearly coming for Shannel's stunt queen crown.

All of the others range from promising (Penny Tration, Serena ChaCha, Jade Jolie, Honey Mahogany) to ok but not exciting (Vivienne, Lineysha, Coco, Roxxy) to awful fugly mess, first boot contenders (Alyssa Edwards - who is giving me Tatiana teas in the worst possible way - and Monica - seems kinda Kenya-ish, and that was bad enough the first time).

Apparently (take it with a pinch of salt as i have no idea how reliable it is) the final three is
Alaska, Roxxy and Detox_________________

Neptune

I'm 0/5 in terms of my favourites actually winning - I wanted Nina Flowers to win season 1, Raven in season 2, Manila Luzon in season 3, Chad Michaels in season 4 and Raven in All-Stars. I don't know if it's the editing or what, but I agree with Chad being less enjoyable this season, which is why it was so disappointing to me that Raven was robbed for the second time. We didn't get any reaction scene with her after the crowning either, which makes me think she was probably really upset about it.

This season had tons of problems, but I thought the final three episodes were actually good while the first three were just a mess. I'm glad to have gotten to see more of Raven, Jujubee, Shannel and Tammie Brown in particular, but I wish Manila and Nina would've gone further in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom