• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Light or dark theme?

Fbh

Dark. It's easier on the eyes. Specially at night.

I wish all sites offered a dark/night theme

I'm in a room with no light sources, aside from that of my monitor. Dark is the only thing I can use in order to stop my eyes bleeding.

I'm pretty much universally dark with software UI's. But forums where a lot of reading is done I prefer light with black text, the way god intended.

Amey

Light theme always.
In the evening I use addon to dim the background to gray instead of white.

I know ppl usually say otherwise but I've always found this Dark theme with white text bad for my vision. I keep seeing floating texts even when I close my eyes afterwards.

120v

dark was always jarring for me whenever i tried it. but my new laptop has a weird contrast where i kept passing up quoted posts (with the lime green highlight)

so for the first time in years, dark it is

Chuckie

How do the two correlate?

Most software applications are white or use light colors. If you have an open browser with light GAF it is less noticable that you are slacking than with the dark theme which sticks out like a sore thumb compared to your Word/Excel/Visual Studio etc etc.

Ubername

Banned
Light theme always.
In the evening I use addon to dim the background to gray instead of white.

I know ppl usually say otherwise but I've always found this Dark theme with white text bad for my vision. I keep seeing floating texts even when I close my eyes afterwards.

What add on is this?

Does anyone know how to manually manipulate brightness in windows, not your monitor/tv?

Top Bottom