• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Camel Toews

I'll be home late, but will probably be drunk and game.

Played my first HUT online game. Opponent had Crospy, Giroux, Gonchar (hero), Hall, Keith, Laine, Hamilton, Duchene, Backstrom, Arvidson, etc. It was like my players were skating in molasses in comparison. It was...not fun.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'd be really fucking happy if they made the players in eashl not move like a fucking boat

It takes like so much time from input to actually doing shit on screen and it's so damn irritating when single player has no damn input lag at all

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had a rough final two games there, first three went really well. Dopey try and be more aggressive if you're on wing, you're hanging too low and we basically have 3 defencemen.

Marvie_3

Banned
Night started good. 3 straight wins. 4th game was a shitshow thanks to our goalie. Last game we should have won. Gonna get caught up on highlights and everything in a bit.

Gonna harp on positioning again too. We had a lot of problems getting offense going because too often the forwards were up each others asses on the ice. When we're too bunched up we don't have any options to move the puck and we just end up turning it over. Wings need to stick to their side of the ice whenever possible. I get that there are times where the forwards are going to rotate around but it doesn't do any good to chase the puck all over the ice. Unless they're in trouble, give the player with the puck some room and get open.

Also doesn't help when we're on defense and the wing is on the opposite side of the ice behind the goal line. Play your position.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got the OP updated from the last week or so.

Just wanted to say congrats to shawn for his team leading 100% shooting percentage and 100% DNF rate. Nice work!

Marvie_3

Banned
This is actually something we need to work on, way too many stupid tripping penalties happening
Part of it is the game making absolutely no sense with the calls, but yeah, we take a lot of dumb penalties.

A lot of it comes down to positioning though. We shouldnt be chasing people around the ice. Being behind somebody doesnt do any good. Cutting off passing and shooting lanes is where we should be.

Theres always going to be stupid penalties in this game. That will never change. We should at least try to cut down on ones we can avoid.

I stand by my fighting penalties though. Every single one is completely justifed. Every. Single. One.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'd be really fucking happy if they made the players in eashl not move like a fucking boat

It takes like so much time from input to actually doing shit on screen and it's so damn irritating when single player has no damn input lag at all

I started to notice this too, especially with the new stick check system, your player barely has control of the puck before an AI is already on your ass poking it away, the agility and acceleration is so shitty with these tank builds, and their puck control is horrendous.

I guess I didn't notice this much because we played so much 3on3 and there was so much open space, but 5on5 just feels like a ping pong match, puck poked here, then there then here, just a back n forth due to shitty puck control.

The game barely allows for any type of creativity or play making compared to past years, I got to get used to it I guess.

And yes our penalty taking and our positioning sucks, sorry :p

Marvie_3

Banned
2 other things while we're dumping our pockets out:

- Mics -

If you have them, we need to use them if possible. Not only does it help to know what everyone else on the ice is doing, but it generally makes the game more fun. I get that theres times where its not possibly but generally speaking we need to use them.

I am concerned about Jam though. He coughs a lot. Might have some ailment from working the coal mines. I certainly hope he can overcome it.

- This thread -

This thread is here for us to get people involved and playing. If you can/want to play, post in here. I dont want any more messages on xbox live asking me if people are playing or if anyone is on.

Its an issue we've had on occasion in the past on this club. Someone will tell me that "I didnt know anyone was playing so I didnt play" because nobody said anything in here. I get that I set the club up, etc etc, but Im not spending all of my time chasing people down to play or being a messenger boy. Again, if you can/want to play. Post in here.

I know its maybe not something that some of the newer players are used to doing, but it was a common thing on some of the past GAF clubs. It only takes a few seconds and its helpful for other people on the club.

Neither of these are meant to dump on anyone, just a couple things to help this club go a little smoother both in and out of the game.

Now that thats all out of the way. Im going to the Mets game tonight but I'll be on when I get home. ~11pm ESTish

Cake Boss

Banned
Marvie - anyone online?

:D

I tried to join the party yesterday but it didn't work, so I assumed you accidentally sent me an invite.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie - anyone online?
Dzak0Jr.gif

I tried to join the party yesterday but it didn't work, so I assumed you accidentally sent me an invite.
Nah i sent them to everyone that was playing.

Marvie_3

Banned
New tuner out today:

NHL 18 Gameplay Tuner 1.01 - (Available September 27, 2017)

All Modes

Tuned ability to go in and out of the pass block state so that it behaves more realistic

Tuned puck elasticity to get more realistic reactions when it hits the ice.

Tuned deking success rates by decreasing top end skating ability for players skating with defensive stick held out

Online Only

Tuned down chance of auto fights post whistle

Turned off ability for net to come off in online gameplay

Tuned cases to fix issues where goalies were getting punished for skating to the bench on delayed penalties

Since its the end of the month, we should have playoff games to play.

Also, if you guys want to switch up the jerseys each month like we used to, I'm cool with it.

Dzak0Jr.gif

Nah i sent them to everyone that was playing.
I know I should use the thread more, as per your advice, but also, heads up to everyone in the thread, if I'm online playing something else, I'll likely switch to EASHL if there's games happening. So send me an invite regardless.

Marvie_3

Banned
We deserved that last one :-(
Yeah that was winnable. We lost to those guys the same way last night too.

Decent night despite the record. The one game we got blown out wasnt happening no matter what but I feel like we played well enough to win the rest. One of those nights I guess.

Playoffs have to be played tomorrow night so we need to figure out when we're playing.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I can play earlier today but not late in the night. I will try to help negate Jam's negativity.

Top Bottom