• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

fin

LukeSmith said:
Nope.
Not our style. We already are deeply disappointed with how things unfolded to this point without getting our fans to the intended payoff.

Bungie should be publishing their own games. I'm sure you guys are choked. Bungie could be making more profit without relying on MS to publish.

It's like having to share your popcicle with a whiny little brother.

Kibbles

Look what you've done Microsoft.

kitten_die.jpg

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
lexdysia said:
Reboot_homePage_04.jpg

Reboot? What's that? Is a Canadian CG company involved?
It's just what the current front page is called. It was "rebooting..."

alexh

lol theres no way they build up for months unless your sure of the timeline. I mean software never gets delaye.. erm. A project is always expected to be done on ti.. uhm.. you can accuractly estimate how much time it will take to ge.. ehh well..

Toothpick

LukeSmith said:
Nope.
Not our style. We already are deeply disappointed with how things unfolded to this point without getting our fans to the intended payoff.
You might want to say that on the Halo 3 forums..

its a disaster in there

Truespeed

Perhaps I think different, but if a publisher gave orders to a wealthy independent company I would tell them to fuck off.

GreekWolf

Hoo boy... well this royally sucks.

I bet Microsoft thought they'd need an ace in the hole to counter the conferences today, then changed their minds.

LukeSmith said:
Nope.

Awww, we love you Luke.

Sorry things didn't work out your way.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i swear to christ after this shitty E3; this announcement and the dark knight would have made everything better. if anything at all happens on thursday night like the showing is cancelled or the screen catches fire i will riot...even if i am alone.

This is the biggest disappointment of E3. Not the shitty conferences...The lack of a Bungie announcement of ANY sort. I don't want to wait for PAX.

So on the way we have...
Halo Wars
Halo 3 DLC
Halo: Chronicles (From Peter Jackson)
"Gritty Tactical 3rd-person Shooter" Halo
And a new IP from Bungie

With any one of these things tying in to Superintendent and we hear about this Halo: Blue also possible one of the above and we get...Nothing. Fucking A.

Blueblur1

This is ridiculous. Couldn't Microsoft have changed their minds a few days earlier before Bungie went through all this trouble...? Hmm, could this be a lie?

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
*sticks fingers in ears and closes eyes*

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ITS TRUE.

srsly guys, 7:00PM? Tomorrow morning is going to own. Just you wait!!!

fin

Blueblur1 said:
This is ridiculous. Couldn't Microsoft have changed their minds a few days earlier before Bungie went through all this trouble...? Hmm, could this be a lie?

Bungie hacked by the Superintendent?

GhaleonEB

Oh, I'm sending something nasty to Microsoft over this one. Holy shit. I've never seen a publisher fuck over a developer and the fan community like this. Not even let Bungie make their own announcements?

I can't wait until Bungie is truly free from MS. And I suspect neither can Bungie.

Falagard

Who do we need to send an angry email to?

I think a few thousand strongly worded emails about disappointing fans and changing allegiances might make Microso... the publisher think twice about doing this sort of thing again.

Honestly the publisher should be bending over whenever Bungie asks them to. They should be on their knees saying "I'm your bitch, do with me what you will", not pulling this shit.

duk

Banned
why god damnit whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I guess MS feels it doesn't need to reveal this gem at this time with Sony's and Nintendo's underwhelming conferences.

This is still retarded. *MAD*

SuperBonk

This sucks.

But the question I have is why Microsoft would want to delay this and not reveal it during E3.

Maybe they are saving it for another event? Perhaps X08?

FrankT

Sounds like business decision. Possibly in light of events that have happened this week and possibly to give this a showing at a later date from a business standpoint. If Bungie and MS knew this time was coming and MS cut it off, that ain't right.

Microsoft you have got a lot right this week give you that, but I know you are reading this, make this happen by morning.

Just ain't right and you know it and the fans ain't gonna be happy.

GhaleonEB said:
Oh, I'm sending something nasty to Microsoft over this one. Holy shit. I've never seen a publisher fuck over a developer and the fan community like this. Not even let Bungie make their own announcements?

Who are you writing Ghaleon? I'll join you.

Kibbles

Yeah, who should we write too?

Oh god, do we have to write to Frankie about this since he is in charge of the Halo IP?

Truespeed

darkressurection said:
I am working on my letter

Let's write a community letter. Where each person adds a sentence. I'll begin.

Dear Microsoft,

There is speculation that you may be responsible for postponing / canceling an announcement Bungie.net was preparing to make. ....

nyong

Banned
You have GOT to be kidding me. Who thought it would be a good idea to make an annoncement as potentially huge as this, then jerk their most loyal fans -many of whom have waited all day for this- around until the last minute.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SuperBonk said:
This sucks.

But the question I have is why Microsoft would want to delay this and not reveal it during E3.

Maybe they are saving it for another event? Perhaps X08?

Probably the case. They had some big guns to role out and probably wanted to keep Bungie's announcement in their back pocket for later. Of course in doing so, they completely shit on the community and the studio, who worked hard to set up a nice narrative that was building up to this reveal.

No wonder Bungie wanted their independence. Microsoft may have a lot of money, but their absolutely clueless when it comes time to work with a community.

Top Bottom