• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
7UCAo.jpg

uwd1n.png

4Mel3.png

JP - November 17, 2011
US - January 22, 2013
EU - February 1, 2013
PlayStation®3
Also available on PlayStation®Network / Sony Entertainment Network (Day One Digital Release)

- Developed by Level-5 and Studio Ghibli
- Composed by Joe Hisaishi

uwd1n.png

N3pu2.png

The story of Ni no Kuni revolves around thirteen-year-old Oliver, a resident of Motorville, whose mother, Arie, suddenly dies after rescuing him from drowning. A doll, given to Oliver by his mother, is brought to life from his tears and reveals itself to be a male fairy named Drippy, who gives Oliver a book that allows him to use the power of magic and enter the world of "Ni no Kuni," a reality parallel to his own. In Ni no Kuni, Drippy says Oliver may be able to find his mother, Arie. Using the newfound power of magic, Oliver and Drippy venture into Ni no Kuni. There, he befriends Maru, Gyro, and other alternative versions of people (and animals) he knows.​

uwd1n.png

zf14q.png

IC6xy.png

IhbPS.png

dnE5O.png

ZQtqE.png

uwd1n.png

6pgt0.png

oWkmx.png

uwd1n.png

FxnwU.png

Bonus: AVATARS!!!

nzyj0.png
WtBSM.png
7alu1.png
6AqEb.png

Rn8fc.png
mZeNw.png
VwQEG.png
0bJkf.png

Credits:
Ni no Kuni Wiki
Wikipedia
ebil for the awesome character description portraits
Youtube

RPGCrazied

I'm in! Can't wait. The Oliver avatar didn't make it though. :p
-

Actually I changed my mind. :p Thanks for the avatar ULTROS! !

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
D'oh, I left out White in the OT title, any mod wanna add White to the Witch?

Abylim

Fuck me, is it delayed in Australia as well, then? Goddamn, I actually made plans around this game coming out on the 24th/25th.

Sigh, just looked. 31st for Aus. Baw

RPGCrazied

Feels wrong to not have a Ni No Kuni avatar when this is due out very soon. Kinda hard to find avatars for this game. And I suck at making them. ;/

Anyway you can put pictures up for the characters?

ULTROS!

Feels wrong to not have a Ni No Kuni avatar when this is due out very soon. Kinda hard to find avatars for this game. And I suck at making them. ;/

Anyway you can put pictures up for the characters?

Anyone wanna volunteer to make the character pics? You can also put the description alongside the picture (thus the text and character pic being in one png file).

I'll be doing a few avatars later.

Necron

Looking forward to what Level 5 and studio Ghibli created.

Only a few more days until 1st of February...

I can't believe it's only a mere week away from release in the U.S. We have to wait a fair bit longer here in the UK :(

Still, I've got my Wizard's Edition all pre-ordered, sitting pretty in some warehouse somewhere waiting to be dispatched. Can't wait - I know deep in my bones this game is something very special indeed.

glaurung

Cool OT.

I tried the demo version and I couldn't really make heads or tails of this thing. If I never really liked Blue Dragon on the 360, should I bite into this one?

Can't wait for this game. February can't come soon enough. Didn't touch my PS3 in quite a while, Ni No Kuni is going to change that.

Bring it on!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm definitely wanting this game.

I am way too broke to even think about this right now but hopefully I can pick it up next month.

RPGCrazied

Anyone wanna volunteer to make the character pics? You can also put the description alongside the picture (thus the text and character pic being in one png file).

I'll be doing a few avatars later.

I would, if I didn't suck. :p I'm sure someone will help, lots of creative people on GAF.

Synless

Is the full game good? I played the demo and I'm still on the fence. This is comin from someone who loves JRPG's.

Akito

Cool OT.

I tried the demo version and I couldn't really make heads or tails of this thing. If I never really liked Blue Dragon on the 360, should I bite into this one?
BD was a terrible game anyway. Do you like the Ghibli movies?

Feel like yesterday when Bamco announced it would take them almost a year to release the game in the west and now it's finally coming. Hopefully Level 5 doesn't disappoint this time.

Also the EU wizards edition has less content than the US one:

What is missing?

Edit: Nevermind, it's in the OP. There is missing quite a lot of stuff :/

Especially the lack of soundtrack hurts. hmm, should I cancel my EU Wizard's and try to get the US one?

Omikaru

Subscribed to the OT. Interested to hear what JRPG fans think of this. I tried the demo and I was on the fence about it, but I'm ready to take the plunge if people are saying it's good.

sublimit

Banned
By the time i'll get the game this thread will be at least ten pages (i'm in EU + free shipping). I'm really excited though,i love Ghibli and it seems like Level5 made a great classic RPG this time!

Akito

Yes, I find some of those adorable.

But only in movie format, I ain't too sure about living throughout a 50h game with this style.
I see this game a modern representative of oldschool fantasy JRPGs, which got wiped out a long time ago. I'm sure I'll enjoy the hell out of this game but I can also see why someone would be on the fence about it.

chrono01

I am excited! Only a little more than a week away, but then...I ordered the Wizard's Edition from Namco Bandai [YES!] but it's shipping through Digital River, and shipping wasn't exactly expensive which means probably 4 weeks to arrive in Canada [...NO!]. ~_~

Oh well, I'll just be happy if everything goes smoothly and I receive the game in one piece. I haven't heard too many good things about DR...

I really want to like this as I love LVL 5. I still need to play the demo and hope it does well, would love to see a new Dark Cloud in the future.

Art cards, soundtrack and gold coin. We were told that this was because the Wizards Edition is extremely limited in the USA (only 7000 copies) and they wanted to make more for Europe.

Yeah, I just checked amazon.com and the Wizard's edition isn't even listed anymore. Was it more expensive than the EU one when it was still available as well?

Danj

Yeah, I just checked amazon.com and the Wizard's edition isn't even listed anymore. Was it more expensive than the EU one when it was still available as well?

I think it was, yeah. My preorder at Amazon UK has gone down to £56.98 ($91) and that's including expedited shipping and 20% sales tax.

Top Bottom