• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu Manga lOTl Fly High!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvitor

Good chapter. Prediction: Hinata will bust his ass off as ball-guy and in the training afterhours the coach will train with him.

TheFlow

Banned
Last Two chapters have been amazing and making me hype like Eyeshield 21.

This upcoming tournament is going to be legendary, and there is another tiny giant :O.

Hinata's frustration at not being able to practice with everyone sucks, but I think he will learn a trick or two that will be crucial.

Yonafunu

New chapter's up

These training chapters have been fun, and a good switch up compared to previous training arcs. I just hope it's not just Hinata improving drastically like this. Him improving on his receives like this makes sense though, which is most important to me.

The discussion's about the two cover teams is going to be interesting. I agree with Furudate that Tsukushima would make a lot of sense on the second team, but I'm not sure I'd switch out Tendou or Aone for him. Both really strong teams overall. having them square off in an omake would be amazing.

Gvitor

I loved the bit where Hinata asked if they were going to train afterhours, and they assumed he would ask to play as well, but he said "I can be your ballboy".

I really hope he gets a chance to train in this arc at some point. He's training only reflexes, and that's only half of receiving (the half he was already good to begin with). Control is the other half, and for that he needs to actually play.

TheFlow

Banned
I loved the bit where Hinata asked if they were going to train afterhours, and they assumed he would ask to play as well, but he said "I can be your ballboy".

I really hope he gets a chance to train in this arc at some point. He's training only reflexes, and that's only half of receiving (the half he was already good to begin with). Control is the other half, and for that he needs to actually play.
I loved that part. I think he is getting better training as a ball boy anyway. It is best as blocker that he learns how to receive spikes and improve his footwork. Faster reaction times equals better spikes

No koganegawa what.

Im glad Oikawa got on a team, surprirsed both he and kenma werent on first team, where the kenma fans. Tsuki still got 1000 votes so Im glad for that, the drop off to only 250 for tendo is a bit sad, And where the Goshiki Tsutomu love.

Yaku getting mentioned as well as pleasing, hes the best libero in the series.

TheFlow

Banned
Great Chapter. Turns out all the top players have crazy personalities that I wouldn't expect. Mostly they are just full of themselves.

Yonafunu

I love some of the new character designs. Sakusa might already be one of my favourite designs, and that new short kid also looks interesting. I loved the chapter's ending too, I wonder where Tsukki wants to go.

Tsuki asking Hinata to go somewhere, hole me, my tsukihina.

I like the new characters, they manage to feel different than the usual folks we've seen. Hope we get full arcs with them. Haikyuu could be a long manga eventually.

Yonafunu

New chapter is up.

Really really great one, might be one of my favourite of the new training arc. I love when the training involves more than just Hinata, doubly so if it's Tsukishima. Seperating Hinata and Kageyama was such a great move by Furudate, Kageyama especially shines when he's dealing with his problems on his own.

TheFlow

Banned
Haikyuu 217

Hinata has great reflexes. speed, and eyesight but he is finally developing the one thing lacks. Being on the sidelines has allowed him to analyze and think about his play style. Picking up simple things he never fully grasped.

great chapter. What better way to show you improved than to coach your rival.

Was my favorite panel

CpCy4SNW8AEcXr3.jpg:large

Its good to see Hinata learned lots of stuff while he was at this camp.

Yonafunu

What! I guess we are just getting the whole match and that's it. Cool with me

Yeah, I have no clue why some people were expecting more. The season is called Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa, for crying out loud. It was never going to go beyond that.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, I have no clue why some people were expecting more. The season is called Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa, for crying out loud. It was never going to go beyond that.

ooops, but I am glad we are getting a focused season. The match went on for near 20 chapters

Gvitor

We all knew it'd be a focused season, but we expected at least a full cour and maybe a sequel hook with the other teams' showing (even if it's far into the future due to where the manga is currently at).

Now I'm scared that they will end it there and maybe call it quits.

Yonafunu

We all knew it'd be a focused season, but we expected at least a full cour and maybe a sequel hook with the other teams' showing (even if it's far into the future due to where the manga is currently at).

Now I'm scared that they will end it there and maybe call it quits.

There's no way they're ending it there. Haikyuu is not Soma, it's actually popular. This is just a way to get the Shiratorizawa match out there as soon as possible, and keep the season 2 hype going. And I think it's a good thing.

Yonafunu

I've been thinking about this since the last episode of season 2, but it looks like they're skipping the little flashback of Daichi and co's first year at Karasuno, which is kind of a shame. I always liked that chapter.

edit: double post but oh well

TheFlow

Banned
I've been thinking about this since the last episode of season 2, but it looks like they're skipping the little flashback of Daichi and co's first year at Karasuno, which is kind of a shame. I always liked that chapter.

edit: double post but oh well
Booooo. That would suck

Yonafunu

OVA maybe?

I really hope so.

Booooo. That would suck

It really would. But it was supposed to happen when they're driving back to school after beating Seijo and they're all asleep. But season 2 skipped it, and looking at the pv for season 3 it looks like the match is already starting in the first episode. I don't see how there's any space for the flashback, unfortunately.

TheFlow

Banned
Latest chapters have been solid.

I hoping we don't have another big feud between teammates. Going after the best defensive player is not going to end well

Gvitor

I liked when they were training serves and Kageyama told Hinata his jumps will still be higher and hinted at some serve training for him as well. Hinata could be an awesome server if he serves like he spikes.

I have no idea what the latest chapter last scene was about, though. Kageyama being a dick without meaning it again?

TheFlow

Banned
I liked when they were training serves and Kageyama told Hinata his jumps will still be higher and hinted at some serve training for him as well. Hinata could be an awesome server if he serves like he spikes.

I have no idea what the latest chapter last scene was about, though. Kageyama being a dick without meaning it again?

I think he is figuring out a way to improve his sets for the team, but because he is Kageyama it is going to come off dickish.

Hinata has a lot of potential to rekt across the map. the fact that he is a first year too is crazy

Yonafunu

I don't know, I hope Hinata doesn't become some monster that can do everything. I'm already a bit apprehensive about his new receiving skills, adding jumpserves to that would be too much. I like that he's finally learning the basics so he can at least contribute to the defence, for example, but I don't want him to suddenly be on the same level as Daichi with receiving, or Asahi with serving.

About the chapter, it seems like Kageyama is (unsurprisingly) letting the "goody-two-shoes" get to him.

Yonafunu

Chapter 224

Sorry for the double post, but that was a really good chapter. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of crazy shit Kageyama is going to make them do now that he's confident with his position and himself. It's also good to see Tsukki develop, as always. I like that he's going to be getting a bit more to do in offense, especially with Hinata growing so much as well. The 2-on-2 practice at the training camp combined with someone who'll push him to do more should have interesting results.

I'm so ready for Nationals to start.

TheFlow

Banned
Chapter 224

Sorry for the double post, but that was a really good chapter. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of crazy shit Kageyama is going to make them do now that he's confident with his position and himself. It's also good to see Tsukki develop, as always. I like that he's going to be getting a bit more to do in offense, especially with Hinata growing so much as well. The 2-on-2 practice at the training camp combined with someone who'll push him to do more should have interesting results.

I'm so ready for Nationals to start.

yea we have the return of the king but in a good way. he is going to improve everyone's game I think

Yonafunu

Damn, Datekou is really good right now.

I'm absolutely loving the team development though, it's always been really apparent that Kageyama hasn't been as close to the rest of the team. I can't wait to see the great character moments coming in the future now that he's more comfortable with actually taking initiative and voicing his opinion. I'm already loving his interactions with Tanaka.

Gvitor

I realized recently that the random characters are getting more dialogue. I still don't know their names aside from Enoshita, but they spoke more in the past 10 chapters than in the entirety of the series. Hopefully one of them gets the spotlight soon. Enoshita was a nice surprise.

Yonafunu

I realized recently that the random characters are getting more dialogue. I still don't know their names aside from Enoshita, but they spoke more in the past 10 chapters than in the entirety of the series. Hopefully one of them gets the spotlight soon. Enoshita was a nice surprise.

Narita got to play during the Shiratorizawa match, IIRC. Kinoshita's been practising floaters and apparently got pretty good at them, I think we saw him practising a couple of chapters ago. I'm actually more nervous about Ennoshita, he doesn't seem to have any particular strengths on the court aside from his mental support.

Yonafunu

The tactic they came up with here is the same thing they did for the final play against Shiratorizawa, where Hinata slowed down and blended with the others.

TheFlow

Banned
Past two chapters have been awesome. The team is somehow even better than the last game they played. Hints has been practicing a lot by himself but he is really going to need practice with the team when it comes to recieves. Looks we are also getting another powerful server. This is why I hope we get one more year after nationals. I wanna see the team evolve

Yonafunu

Fuck, that was a great chapter. I love seeing more of the characters off the court. This gave me fuzzy feelings all over.

TheFlow

Banned
This chapter made my heart race. Even I was getting anxious just reading page to page.

This is it! Big city, big gym, and big teams.

Tsukki having to keep watch and go after Kageyama and Hinata was the best. Ennoshita would be a cruel captain in the 2nd year.

I wonder if next chapter the writer will do the usual show several strong teams at once and their roster like many other sports series do.

Shimizu and Yachi convo was nice.

I think I got lost a bit in the middle of the chapter, I dont understand why they were in the big conference center, then they went to a gym, and now theyre on the train?

Anyway, TsukiHina though, that was the most hilarious thing ever.

tumblr_ogssqtGGHY1qbxqfpo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ogssqtGGHY1qbxqfpo2_1280.jpg

Not mentioning Tsuki getting the camp invite to Shiratorizawa was disappointing. I need s4 though, seeing Nohebi and Itachiyama, as welll as mainly, the Shiratorizawa training camp is most needed. I miss Koganegawa, Goshiki, Kindaichi, Kunimi, Hinata, and Tsuki animated already.

mdubs

Banned
Whew, I read all the chapters between the ending of season 3 of the anime up to date. Great stuff as usual.

Standout for me was 232. Was worried that it was going to be some nonsense with Hinata losing his shoes but instead got that fantastic Kiyoko time. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom