• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Subway

Boss Mog

Sitting here vomiting my stomach out and shitting non stop. I will never eat there again.

If it's coming out both ends non stop it's probably E.Coli. Just make sure to drink a lot, something like Gatorade if you got it, to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Seriously do this, you can easily get severely dehydrated and die if you don't.

McLovin

Subways been nasty as hell for years. All they have to do is get regular bread, meat, cheese, and veggies. But for some reason whatever they are using just smells foul. Last time I got one I smelled it and I freaking gagged.

Boss★Moogle;253057493 said:
If it's coming out both ends non stop it's probably E.Coli. Just make sure to drink a lot, something like Gatorade if you got it, to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Seriously do this, you can easily get severely dehydrated and die if you don't.

Drank about a liter of water plus Gatorade, so I'm wary of dehydration.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
icAUGL.gif

Rockondevil

Gold Member
I've only ever eaten it in a few other countries a hand full of times but Australia must be killing it.
I go there for lunch once a week and me and my mates have never had any issues and it always smells great inside and out.

Sorry for your unfortunate experience though.

I ate a six inch Subway Club earlier this evening and it was delicious. I did see a homeless guy shooting up in the bathroom though, so that kind of soured the experience.

I don't eat Subway that often, but when I do, nothing ever happens. I mean, the subs aren't that great, but that's a byproduct of being a huge chain. Never had stomach problems afterward.

I think it's either something else or you're a delicate flower.

wondermega

That being said I only eat subway if I am in a huge hurry, I've got better and just as cheap options around work. I'm quite a fan of Which Wich.
What do you recommend from Which Wich?

I don't think it was the food itself, but something was definitely contaminated. The guy who made my sandwich I noticed was not exactly being sanitary. At that point, it was too late.
I'll probably regret asking, but could you extrapolate?

Alex

Just keep sandwich materials at home. Cheaper and way the fuck better. I'm not much of a food snob but Subway is one of those joints I'd never even slum it at.

Last Subway I was in had flies everywhere, green tomatoes and that chicken may not be as fake as the fervor led on but it sure as shit doesn't taste real. For the amount they charge and for how absurdly cheap chicken breasts are there's not much of an excuse for all the filler

Sitting here vomiting my stomach out and shitting non stop. I will never eat there again.

b6c.gif

Their price increases are something that put me off. Foot-long subs were £5, with an additional 40p for beverage.

Now the only ones at that price are the vegetarian options, with the meat ones at £5.90 or more.

Yep. I've had food poisoning several times from subway. Stopped eating there after I got out of college and could afford to spend more than 2.50 on a meal.
It's probably unwashed produce that fucked you up, or maybe human shit on your sandwich artist's hands.

Yep. I've had food posining several times from subway. Stopped eating there after I got out of college and could afford to spend more than 2.50 on a meal.
It's probably unwashed produce that fucked you up, or maybe human shit on your sandwich artist's hands.

Well the dude sneezed into his shirt sloppily, so to me the guy seemed sketchy.

gatti-man

Subway franchises out to anyone and doesn't have strong controls over those stores like many other franchises do. They don't seem to be strict over some stores and they are really run down. An ex employee of mine works at a store near me and he breaks health code all the time there with zero supervision. No hair nets or hair restraints. Sanitizer buckets aren't at food stations it's a mess. Then others I've been too are spotless and perfect. It's a crap shoot. I'd never go back to that location but there are plenty of healthy subways too. Depends on management and ownership really.

I'm a GM of a big restaurant and have been for 13 years now with 18 years in the business. Also not to say you're wrong but many people mistake the flu for food born illness. I probably get that call once every 6 months and it's always someone confusing flu with food born illness since at my restaurant it's almost impossible to get sick from what we serve (cooked food is sterile if properly temp'd).

The real risk for food born illness? Salad bars. Since salad is never cooked it's very easy for flu type stuff to be transmitted there. Usually from customer to customer since sneeze guards don't do jack shit and customers don't wash their hands usually.

Relativ9

I never got the appeal of Subway, their bread is usually dry and crumbly, they put a shitton of dressing on everything so you can't taste anything but it, and when you ask them not to you notice that they use very obviously cheap meats and cheeses that are often far too salted or have clearly been frozen and thawed multiple times. I've tried it in multiple locations in Norway, Ireland, and Spain and it's been the same all places.

PS: To Dublin residents, something as simple as fucking Centra lunch roll beats Subway any day.

Fnord

The actual smell of a Subway store is enough to make you sick.

They say it's the bread but I never smell that shit from a Quiznos or an actual bakery.

That... that... ... Subway smell... it permeates everything in their stores. They've somehow managed to get it to seep into even the tea. The tea tastes like that smell.

Pro tip - if you're getting a sandwich and someone reaches for a piece of cellophane with pre-sliced, pre-portioned pieces of meat, you're probably not getting a very good sandwich.

Top Bottom