• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

cdkeys.com Mass Effect Andromeda for Windows pre-order $37.07 with code

Mergesort

Don't a lot of these sites do this so they can send a verification code to you?

Why? They e-mailed me a receipt, why not e-mail the code. Why make it so complicated? There must be another reason for wanting my phone number. I wrote them an e-mail demanding either the code or a refund.

Why? They e-mailed me a receipt, why not e-mail the code. Why make it so complicated? There must be another reason for wanting my phone number. I wrote them an e-mail demanding either the code or a refund.

It's just for verification purpose I would say. I did not need to give them my phone number though, so there must be some kind of criteria that triggers that.

Mergesort

It's just for verification purpose I would say. I did not need to give them my phone number though, so there must be some kind of criteria that triggers that.

How can they verfiy anything if they did not have my number to begin with? Anyone getting the e-mail could enter any number they want, so why not send it via e-mail in the first place? It would make sense if i gave them the number beforehand while registering an account, but i never did such a thing. So asking for a number doesn't make any sense to me. I requested a refund and got it this morning. I am not gonna support such behaviour.

How can they verfiy anything if they did not have my number to begin with? Anyone getting the e-mail could enter any number they want, so why not send it via e-mail in the first place? It would make sense if i gave them the number beforehand while registering an account, but i never did such a thing. So asking for a number doesn't make any sense to me. I requested a refund and got it this morning. I am not gonna support such behaviour.

I don't mean verification as in 2 step authentication.

What I meant is that they want to verify that you are a person and not a bot. A lot of sites also do this to prevent people mass signing up or mass buying cheap products or whatever.

Mergesort

I don't mean verification as in 2 step authentication.

What I meant is that they want to verify that you are a person and not a bot. A lot of sites also do this to prevent people mass signing up or mass buying cheap products or whatever.

Have you ever seen one of those "i am not a robot" buttons? Because a lot of other sites do it doesn't mean it's ok. And most legit sites use the "i am not a robot" button. And what legit business would try to stop customers mass buying stuff?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
When I did the verification using SMS, it told me the code was not available yet. Perhaps Origin has not issued the codes yet? It is an Origin code after all.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The game's release date hasn't been announced yet, so that's no surprise.

I'm sorry for any confusion, I made the comment thinking some were complaining that they don't have an actual code from them at this point. If that's incorrect, my apologies.

Mifec

Wait weren't frostbite and EA usually AMD focused?
15732152_1283276275081086_2434489694879686060_o.jpg

Ducarmel

Obviously the promo code does not work anymore

Just wanted to share that I got my key today and started pre loading, and give a reminder to those that took the deal to check their download link.

Megauap

Just wanted to share that I got my key today and started pre loading, and give a reminder to those that took the deal to check their download link.

I still have no key in the download section. It just says some time before or on the 23rd.

I'm almost tempted but honestly I reckon I'll be able to get this for £25 in stores before long if the negative reception is anything to go by. Managed to pick up Steep and TLG for the same barely after their release. It's not a bad price for launch day though so the urge is there but I really think I need to see reviews and hear some impressions first.

If anyone who got it for this price, are no longer interested due to reviews or better games to play and would be interested in selling theirs, please PM me!

Anyone got an extra key for sale

If anyone who got it for this price, are no longer interested due to reviews or better games to play and would be interested in selling theirs, please PM me!

My Key hasn't arrived yet but my friends on PC have decided to skip for now and my PS4 buddies beat me down. So I got it on PS4 as well. I'd be happy to sell my key to someone at cost.

Edit: Sold to Bob.

I just checked, and my keys are there as well, although I wasn't sent an email to let me know that they were there or anything.

Have you ever seen one of those "i am not a robot" buttons? Because a lot of other sites do it doesn't mean it's ok. And most legit sites use the "i am not a robot" button. And what legit business would try to stop customers mass buying stuff?
They do it so a few people can't buy up all the codes and then go around and resell them again for $2 more.

Patrick S.

Banned
I sent them an email to beg for an early delivery and got this response :(

Hi,

Thank you for contacting cdkeys.com.

Please expect your key code on or before the 23rd of March because we follow the EU release date. Rest assured it will not be later than that.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,

John
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

Shari

I sent them an email to beg for an early delivery and got this response :(

I think they check the customer's country and adapt to that to not run out of keys. Mine says the same, I bought it there because it said "On Stock - Instant delivery".

Hesitating to fill a refund to be honest.

Patrick S.

Banned
I think they check the customer's country and adapt to that to not run out of keys. Mine says the same, I bought it there because it said "On Stock - Instant delivery".

Hesitating to fill a refund to be honest.

And if you are unlucky, the refund and your money might be in processing limbo until the 23rd...

At this point, I'd just wait. I'm happy to save €20 buying from cdkeys. Now, if there were another site I knew 100% would send me the key right away, and at a good price, I might reconsider refunding the cdkeys purchase...

For what it's worth, I live in and purchased my keys from Canada, on March 2nd, so I don't know if date of purchase has anything to do with it. Might simply be based on region release dates. So NA gets their keys now and EU has to wait maybe?

Ducarmel

I guess if it helps gauge how keys are distributed. I live in NA and bought it the day this thread was made to take advantage of the deal, and checked periodically over the weekend until it showed up for me today.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I ordered on the 6th, still no key

Guess it's because I'm a brit, no simultaneous release is fucking moronic to be quite honest

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Origin codes are region restricted are they ? I don't like websites (even ones like cdkeys I use a lot) telling me when I can or cant have a key if other people are getting them and they have them instock.

Top Bottom