• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion appears on Brazilian Ratings site for 360/PS3/PSV/Wii U

Castle and World were both brilliant! Would definitely support this. Quackshot whilst you're at it.

And Sega, if you're in the business of rereleasing games with licenses, my PS3 is ready for the original Sega Rally and Sega Rally 2. We never did get a good home version of SR2.

Cheers, thanks.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is this the game where you can interact a few stuff in a castle/laboratory (like push this and that) in order to progress? I've played the Sega Genesis and SNES Mickey Mouse games but I don't remember if that's the game that has what I described.

Sylver

Banned
Wow day one in PSVita :D.

Would be awesome something similar a spanish member (NoPLo) from Vandal.net has made with Mickey Mania, but won't happen :(
T0yIdwI.jpg

IxEbCW4.jpg

SKfKVEx.jpg

http://blogs.vandal.net/53267/vm/113182022013

Game Guru

For whatever reason, we haven't ever seen a NES or SNES title emulated on the Xbox Live Arcade or PlayStation Network, despite numerous examples in previous generations (like the Mega Man X collection) while we've seen examples of PSOne emulation (Castlevania SOTN) on XBLA. It's legal to emulate this sort of thing now, but nobody seems to have done it.

Mostly because just putting a game up on Virtual Console or PSOne Classics is less work than creating your own emulator to port NES, SNES, or PS1 games and modifying the code to remove Nintendo or Sony references. You will notice that the output of PS1 ports on XBLA amounts to the aforementioned SotN, and that the few ports of SNES games on other systems generally weren't good ports. Hell, the ports of Genesis games generally weren't good ports until the Virtual Console and the Vintage Collection. NES ports on other systems appear to work fine though again, it is generally easier to just let Nintendo put it up on the Virtual Console.

In addition, there seems to be only two companies willing to port old games to other platforms... Backbone and M2. If you want an old game on another system outside of the VC and PSOne Classics, you've got to go through one of them.

Harlock

Back in the 90s Mickey games in the Sega Genesis were like the AAA games from now. They were not kid games.

Both versions of Castle, World, Land and Legend, please. Not Power of Illusion. That one can fuck right off out of it.

If this is bad I will take it as a personal affront, as the (superior) SMS version of Castle was my first game ever, and to this day a firm favourite.

I don't usually go for retro game bundles anymore, but something about this one... my oh my.

They could even make it two bundles, since the precedent seems to be trios of games. One the three above, the second the sequels to Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers, along with TaleSpin.

Although it would be fantastic if they just threw it all into a giant bundle, along with Goof Troop.

Rlan

I don't usually go for retro game bundles anymore, but something about this one... my oh my.

They could even make it two bundles, since the precedent seems to be trios of games. One the three above, the second the sequels to Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers, along with TaleSpin.

Although it would be fantastic if they just threw it all into a giant bundle, along with Goof Troop.

They could do a NES collection of Ducktales 2, Chip 'N Dale 2 and Little Mermaid if they really wanted to.

They could also do a pack of the Mickey Magic Quest series, though the third one only came out in Japan on the SNES. Otherwide it'd be MQ1, MQ2 and Goof Troop.

ash_ag

Speaking of which, it's so disappointing Junction Point closed. Sure, the Epic Mickey games may have fell a bit flat, but Spector clearly had vision. Had he be given another chance, I think he'd eventually create a killer app... Still, I'm glad for the games they managed to publish. All three of them are sort of good in their own right, even if they are not perfect games. I think they'll age well, eventually.

Anyway, this is great news. Would rather see the game mobile or on 3DS, but I'll be good with the Wii U version. Bring it on, Disney!

HardRojo

Castle of Illusion on Vita! Do it SEGA! Do it!

Wasn't there someone who said the Vita was great for digital games just last week or 2 weeks ago?

@MUWANdo

Banned
whats the deal with Sega's lack of support for 3DS?

Even in Japan they are not doing anything..

I'm sure it's a combination of their move away from retail games, and the fact that most of their early 3DS releases (Shinobi, Rhythm Thief, CRUSH3D) sank like a rock.

Yeah, no. This game is ruined by terrible collision detection and awful difficulty spikes. Castle of Illusion is actually a good game.

I admit it's mostly nostalgia for me. But the game looks like a cartoon, and the concept is fantastic. The difficulty spikes are atrocious! First you're on a simple tutorial level (Steamboat Willie), and then, exploding skeletons, whose every bone causes fatal harm.

Subaru

Yeah, no. This game is ruined by terrible collision detection and awful difficulty spikes. Castle of Illusion is actually a good game.

Totally agree. I've played last year and this is a really bad game while Castle of Illusion stills awesome <3

Wow day one in PSVita :D.

Would be awesome something similar a spanish member (NoPLo) from Vandal.net has made with Mickey Mania, but won't happen :(

For some reason I prefer the pixel version, I find that the HD seamless version looks too clean.

Pixels + Scanlines look awesome.

COI was the first game I got for my Game Gear. Sweet gaming memories indeed.

I'm sure it's a combination of their move away from retail games, and the fact that most of their early 3DS releases (Shinobi, Rhythm Thief, CRUSH3D) sank like a rock.
Sega's had just as many bombs on Vita though (Virtua Tennis, Monkey Ball, Sonic Racing). And between 3DS and Vita their two highest sellers were Monkey Ball 3DS and Sonic Generations.

Tizoc

Sega's had just as many bombs on Vita though (Virtua Tennis, Monkey Ball, Sonic Racing). And between 3DS and Vita their two highest sellers were Monkey Ball 3DS and Sonic Generations.

Don't you mean Sonic Racing Transformed? That title sold a combined total of over 900,000 IIRC.

The bar has been set after seeing Duck Tales Remastered and now I expect nothing less. What is Sega's history with 2D remakes?
The recent Sonic CD re-release was *sort of* a remake, and that was pretty good. I really wouldn't expect anything on the level of that Wayforward Duck Tales remake, but considering Backbone are out of the equation you're probably going to at least get a decent port of the original.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hoping we get WOI and Quackshot. Then all I would need is Landstalker and all the 1st party published Genesis games I wanted would be mine!

TimmiT

Seeing how that's a new (or at least different) box-art from the original, and different from the usual Mega Drive XBLA box-art, I think this might be a remake. :O

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is pretty much the perfect title to load with extras.

Too bad they won't because it's Disney and Disney likes to hoard everything.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Even the logo seems new.

I hope it's a remake with the Ducktales remake treatment.

Top Bottom