• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials-like Urban Trials coming to PlayStation Vita

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/02/trials-like-urban-trials-coming-to-playstation-vita/

Trials-like Urban Trials coming to PlayStation Vita

urban-trials-280x80.jpg

Tate Interactive has unveiled Urban Trials, a game similar in vein to – hold it – RedLynx’s Trials games. The racer will feature a Trials motorbike with advanced physics model, as well as the abilities to challenge ghost times of your friends, customise your bike and more. 20 in-game levels will be included, as will the ability to take in-game screens and share them.

EG has more details.

Let's hope it's good!

SmokyDave

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. It's a blatant clone but given that the original will never appear, I'm OK with that.

Tailer

Three of the most important things for me is 1. Physics 2. Level editor 3. Sharing levels.
I will probably still buy it if it has good physics but only for a cheaper price if that's the case.

Since there is no Trials Evolution on any of the PS Systems I'll probably give it a try.

But god I would be so happy to have the RedLynx game on my system. I had a 360 and I sold it a few month ago but one of the only game I was playing almsot every day was Trials HD.

So please be good even if not as good as Trials HD / Evolution.

the company on 360 can't own the word trials which is what this kind of sport is called.

There is still a super high likelihood of confusion though. Given that red lynx has multiple two word games including the trials names and given the fact that the actual gameplay looks identical. Even if red lynx disclaimed trials alone the title itself is still very close. Just saying they should probably try to distance the name a bit more than they have given they have basically copied the gameplay...

If I looked at the video and saw the name of the game without reading anything else I would honestly think this was a red lynx joint.

Edit: Is the sport actually called just trials? I always thought it was motorcycle trials, bicycle trials, etc.

mocoworm

There is still a super high likelihood of confusion though. Given that red lynx has multiple two word games including the trials names and given the fact that the actual gameplay looks identical. Even if red lynx disclaimed trials alone the title itself is still very close. Just saying they should probably try to distance the name a bit more than they have given they have basically copied the gameplay...

If I looked at the video and saw the name of the game without reading anything else I would honestly think this was a red lynx joint.

Edit: Is the sport actually called just trials? I always thought it was motorcycle trials, bicycle trials, etc.

Don't worry about it.

shinnn

Chû Totoro;37497483 said:
Since there is no Trials Evolution on any of the PS Systems I'll probably give it a try.

But god I would be so happy to have the RedLynx game on my system. I had a 360 and I sold it a few month ago but one of the only game I was playing almsot every day was Trials HD.

So please be good even if not as good as Trials HD / Evolution.

Curious. Why sell a console that you are playing every day? And sell when the game sequel you most play is about to release.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
How would this work without analog triggers? Seems integral at this point. How did the old PC version of trials work?

Tapping the button, pc version of the trials game only used the directional buttons/arrow keys if I remember right.

Not interested. Especially considering I own Trials HD and Evolution already, and I know what I've done to controllers while playing those 2. Also the thought of using the Vita's triggers makes me cringe.

Chris R

Does RedLynx have some kind of exclusivity deal with Microsoft that would prevent them from publishing a trials game on the Vita?

lol, so Eurogamer writes an article after reading a GAF thread, and now other sites are running with Eurogamer's info.

Games journalism is so freaking bad.

mclaren777

Trials is one of the few Xbox 360 franchises that I wish I could play on the PS3, so maybe I can at least be happy that this game is releasing for Vita.

Either way, they're all rip-offs of the original king: Dirt Bike for the Mac

iRW1qGSCTuTWz.jpg

Oppo

Looks quite nice to me. I like the AR-style height markers, and it looks like it will have nice ghost support.

Got a bit of a Motorstorm vibe to the style of it, which isn't surprising I guess.

yencid

Had not seen those screen shots before. From now on every time someone posts vita screenshots im going to get on the browser and download them straight to my vita. they look great!

see5harp

I'm trying to work out how the controls would work on this...

Looks interesting though.

It'll have to use the right analog for throttle. That alone is a bit of a turnoff but if it's $10 or $15, I'm willing to give it a try. I wouldn't even want to play Trials on a PS3 controller.

Top Bottom