• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

Indians are willing to move LF Brandon Guyer. Head scout rates 73, OSA rates 75. He hasn't had a good start for me, but I also would rather use Jose Ramirez as my do it all guy, with another young player backing him up.

Looking for prospects at almost any position.

I would like him. Or any decent player. But the Padres have no prospects, no players, and no hope.

But the brown is back baby!

I still feel like it's too early to start ripping my team to pieces, but man I'm not a fan of this lineup. I might make Colome available for a bat. Need 1B, LF, 2B.

My Braves team is even worse than the real Braves. My Dansby is playing way better at least. Hopefully I can stack my #1 farm system even more the next couple drafts.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 25, 2017
Notes: Realized I was writing 2025 in previous updates. Have to get used to what year we are in now. Trade will have to be run tomorrow. Didn't see it until the sim started.

I have no idea how my angels have gotten off to such a hot start, 15-6 after today's sim. It's kind of a curiosity to watch and not something I can actually try and chase since I have nothing to trade to improve my current team and I'm really waiting for FA and the draft to improve my long term outlook.

I started 2-7, and am now 12-9!

I'm not fooled. This isn't a team that can truly compete. Hopefully I'm not selling Colome short, he's been nothing short of great so far.

#1 in avg, #1 in obp #1 in runs scored, #1 in stolen bases, #1 in starters era.

Somehow 12th in defensive efficiency.

And despite all this I trail the Angels who are winning at a 71% clip.

brentech

Indians RP Boone Logan and LF Brandon Guyer are on the block. Guyer will get more chances to hit this week to see if he can turn his slump around on the team, but regardless, I'm willing to see him off.
Logan also cold, but only pitched 5 innings total.
Logan on his final season unless you pick up the team options. Guyer has 2 years then an option, but only 2.5M so each.

Josh5890

Cincy just gave three veteran pitchers minor league contracts. Maybe one of them makes the big club. I need to do something with my pitching staff.

So how hard is it to have a winning season in baseball? Bud Black had only like 2 winning seasons in like 10 seasons before being hired as the Rockies head coach, just seems strange to hire someone with such a poor record.

So how hard is it to have a winning season in baseball? Bud Black had only like 2 winning seasons in like 10 seasons before being hired as the Rockies head coach, just seems strange to hire someone with such a poor record.

Did you forget Bud Black was the manager of the Padres?

Listen, you know Ned Yost? He won a World Series. But he's an absolute shit manager.

Winning and being a good manager are not correlative.

brentech

Date: May 16, 2017
Notes: I got Lindor to sign a 9 year 88M contract. Apparently in the real world he wasn't down for a 100M deal, so I'll chalk that up as a win! Good Sim for me, 5-1.
I wish I could kneecap a couple high dollar players that don't want to be demoted. They need to fix their shit in in AAA ball.

Did you forget Bud Black was the manager of the Padres?

Listen, you know Ned Yost? He won a World Series. But he's an absolute shit manager.

Winning and being a good manager are not correlative.

I did see his history with the padres. I onow very little about baseball to be honest. I started to get into it with road to the show because I love a good career mode.

I was just genuinely interested as to what qualifies a good head coach in baseball as just looking at wins and losses the guy doesn't look great.

brentech

I just realized that we had personality ratings turned off. They will be activated in tomorrows sim. Pretty sure managers and scouts can tell if a guy works hard, is bright, or only cares about money. So it only makes sense for that to be on as it was in oldGOBL.

DRAFTING FIRST YEAR PLAYERS
-----------------------------------
To make a draft list, click on GOBL at the top -> Transactions -> Draft Pool -> Draft List. Then drag player names over to the list on the right.
I recommend selecting OR in the dropdown next to their name once on your list. You may add as many names as you like to your list. From there, I recommend clicking the 'available actions' buttons and choosing 'Copy&Past current round to all rounds'. This will ensure that you get the top player you want OR the next guy on your list throughout the draft.
That said, most of us only fill out a handful of names and let our head scout handle the rest.

Date: May 16, 2017
Notes: I got Lindor to sign a 9 year 88M contract. Apparently in the real world he wasn't down for a 100M deal, so I'll chalk that up as a win! Good Sim for me, 5-1.
I wish I could kneecap a couple high dollar players that don't want to be demoted. They need to fix their shit in in AAA ball.

Players who refuse to be demoted is the most frustrating thing I deal with every season. I have actually found myself saying aloud to "come on, you're batting .160 don't be a dick and get your shit sorted out in the minors".

Players who refuse to be demoted is the most frustrating thing I deal with every season. I have actually found myself saying aloud to "come on, you're batting .160 don't be a dick and get your shit sorted out in the minors".

Yep, easily this.

Or guys that are batting sub .200 and then getting mad that they're not starting for a while.

Speaking of which, Utley sent me a message asking to be starting, and it's like, dude, real life Utley is just glad to be in a uniform, and knew when he signed the extension what he was getting into.

I'm not sure if the simulation accounts for factors like that but it'd sure be nice.

brentech

Date: May 23, 2017
Notes: All-Star voting is now available if you choose to do a manual vote.

After rattling off 7 straight, the Indians took back the division for now.
Not how I wanted to solve my problem with Brandon Guyer, but better than having to cut him; he was picked off of waivers by the Chicago Cubs.

Mets have one of the worse starters era right now in the league with all starters 55 overall or higher. They also have the worse defensive effiency, so took Grandy man off of CF. Reyes next if shit dont improve.

Mets have one of the worse starters era right now in the league with all starters 55 overall or higher. They also have the worse defensive effiency, so took Grandy man off of CF. Reyes next if shit dont improve.

The Braves have a 5.37 starters ERA

We've won like 3 games in the last two weeks.

brentech

Indians pitching and hitting really stepped up over the last 2 sims. Went from mid tier pitching to the top. Now my only concern is peaking too early in the season. I've read this story like 4 times over.

Indians pitching and hitting really stepped up over the last 2 sims. Went from mid tier pitching to the top. Now my only concern is peaking too early in the season. I've read this story like 4 times over.

Good lord I just looked at Lindor's stat line. He's been insane.

Lost another pitcher for the year. I think it feels worse since I had like 3 guys on the DL with TJ surgery to start with. Starting to like my team a bit more. Should have some money this offseason to either chase a star or fill some holes.

Man, even simulated Puig knows Hatcher sucks

It feels like I'm missing something, there's no reason the team should be playing this poorly

Man, even simulated Puig knows Hatcher sucks

It feels like I'm missing something, there's no reason the team should be playing this poorly

Like 75% of your hitters are under their babpi norms. That's some shit cluster luck. It'll improve but you better hope it does so soon.

brentech

Date: June 6, 2017
Notes: Tomorrow the draft is simmed. See previous posts to find out how to create your draft list.

Indians lose Kipnis for the season right as he gets hot.

Date: June 6, 2017
Notes: Tomorrow the draft is simmed. See previous posts to find out how to create your draft list.

Indians lose Kipnis for the season right as he gets hot.

Might be my only chance of catching you. I went 5-0 last sim and only gained like half a game.

brentech

huh still no development reports.

It's been set to 'monthly, during season' - 'keep all reports'
I dunno.

CF Tyler Naquin has been having a great year, but also has racked up 3 injuries already.
ZPReErk.png

Top Bottom